DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. RBL BANK TO LAUNCH SCHEME FOR FINTECH ENTREPRENEURS
i. RBL Bank is going to launch an Entrepreneur-in-Residence programme for fintech start-ups .
ii. Recently the bank has also opened a branch for start-ups in Bengaluru.
iii. The EIR programme is the part of RBL Bank’s engagement with start-ups.
2. SADHGURU TO LEAD YOGA SESSION AT UN ON 2ND INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY
i. Spiritual leader and Isha Foundation founder Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev will lead a yoga session at the UN on the occasion of the second International Yoga Day.
ii. The International Yoga Day will be commemorated on June 21st.
iii. The theme for this Yoga will be Sustainable Development Goals.
3. INDIAN AUTHOR ADITI KRISHNAKUMAR WINS ASIAN BOOK AWARD
i. Indian woman author Aditi Krishnakumar has won the 'Scholastic Asian Book Award' for her 32,000-word manuscript named "love of Indian history".
ii. Last year also she won award for her manuscript "Codex: The Lost Treasure Of The Indus".
4. TELANGANA GOVERNMENT ENTERS LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS
i. The Telangana government has entered the Limca Book of Records for conducting the most intensive household survey by a state.
ii. In 2014 four lakh government employees covered more than 1.09 crore households between 7 am and 8 pm in one day.
iii. The survey was ordered after Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao after he assumed office.
5. MAN GETS 366 FLAG TATTOOS FOR GUINNESS RECORD
i. Har Parkash Rishi an Indian man who holds the Guinness World Record for having the maximum number of flags tattooed on his body.
ii. He had all his teeth removed so he could fit nearly 500 straws and over 50 burning candles in his mouth.
iii. He goes by the name Guinness Rishi.
6. INDIA’S FIRST INTEGRATED WEB PORTAL TO PROMOTE NET ZERO ENERGY BUILDINGS LAUNCHED
i. The Union Ministry of Power and the United States Agency for International Development launched India’s first integrated web portal.
ii. It is designed to promote and mainstream Net Zero Energy Buildings in India.
iii. The portal will provides complete information about NZEB that generate as much energy as they use.
iv. It will help to achieve near-zero energy status through the use of efficient lighting and equipment, best practice design strategies and integration of renewable energy technologies.
7. PAKKE TIGER RESERVE IN ARUNACHAL PRADESH BAGGED INDIA BIODIVERSITY AWARD 2016
i. Pakke Tiger Reserve received the 'India Biodiversity Award 2016' in Mumbai.
ii. The Pakke tiger reserve is located in East Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh.
iii. The Hornbill Nest Adoption Programme of the Pakke Tiger Reserve was given award under Conservation of threatened species category.
8. SUNIL MITTAL RECEIVES 2016 HARVARD ALUMNI AWARD
i. Bharti Enterprises founder and Chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal was honoured with 2016 Harvard Business School Alumni Achievement Award.
ii. Sunil Mittal is Indian telecom tycoon, entrepreneur and philanthropist.
iii. Bharti is India’s largest telecom company and world’s third largest mobile operator.
iv. Harvard Business School Alumni Achievement Award is given to those who have contributed to their companies and communities while upholding the highest standards and values.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHAT IS THE THEME OF “2ND INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY”?
a. Sustainable Development Goal
b. Survival without disease
c. Strong immunization
d. Breathe in fresh air
2. INDIAN AUTHOR ADITI KRISHNA KUMAR WON WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING AWARDS?
a. Man booker’s Prize
b. Asian Book Award
c. Sahitya Academy Award
d. None of the above
3. WHICH STATE OF INDIA HAS ENTERED THE “LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS” FOR CONDUCTING MOST INTENSIVE SURVEY BY STATE?
a. Andhra Pradesh
d. Tamil Nadu
4. “PAKKE TIGER RESERVE” IS LOCATED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATE OF INDIA?
b. Andhra Pradesh
5. “2016 HARVARD ALUMNI AWARD “IS GIVEN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING PERSON?
a. Sunil Mittal
b. Sunil Shrama
c. Anil Ambani
d. Mukesh Ambani
1. A 2. B 3. C 4. B 5. A