Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 MAY 2016
Monday, May 30, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. LAKSHADWEEP BECOMES THE FIRST UNION TERRITORY TO SIGN 24X7 ‘POWER FOR ALL’ DOCUMENT
i. Lakshadweep became first Union Territory to sign 24x7 Power for All document.
ii. The document makes a plan to increase solar capacity of the region from 2.15 MW to 8.45 MW.
iii. It is a joint initiative of central government and State Governments for providing 24x7 power supply to all households /homes, industrial & commercial consumers.
iv. Already 22 States have already signed the '24x7 Power For All' Documents.
2. NEW COMMITTEE ON CASHLESS SOCIETY FORMED
i.The Government of Indai and RBI have been working on how to reduce cash transactions in the economy.
ii. A committee of 7 members is formed which is chaired by a Neeraj Kumar Gupta.
iii. The committee is working on maximize the acceptance of card payments.
iv. The panel will work on the ways in which card payers needn’t to pay a surcharge for fuel, utility bills and railway bookings.
3. PM FLAGS OFF DIRECT KAMAKHYA TO KATRA TRAIN
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has flagged off, the first ever direct train between Assam to Jammu & Kashmir.
ii. This will connect the two pilgrim towns of Devi Peeth of Maa Kamakhya and Shri Mata Vaishno Devi shrine.
iii. The train will cover a distance of 2605 km in about 53 hours.
4. FM ARUN JAITLEY TO ON SIX-DAY OFFICIALS VISIT TO JAPAN
i. Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will on a six-day official visit to Tokyo, Japan from May 29 to June 4.
ii. He will attend the 22nd International Conference on The Future of Asia.
iii. He will also attend seminar on 'India: Political, Social and Economic Change at Osaka University.
5. ‘NUMBER OF PUBLIC SECTOR BANKS TO COME DOWN TO 8-10’
i. According to the Minister of State for Finance Jayant Sinha India will have 8 to 10 very competitive public sector banks once the "dust settles" and the consolidation phase ends.
ii. Presently India have 27 public sector banks.
iii. He also stated the government is working on the management reforms of banks with RBI.
iv. SBI has recently announced to merge its 5 associates and Bhartiya mahila bank in SBI.
6. BIHAR GOVERNMENT AND UNICEF JOIN HAND TO CURB MALNOURISHMENT
i. The Bihar government, UNICEF and the Bihar based Rajendra Agriculture University entered into an agreement to control malnourishment among women and children in the state.
ii. According to the agreement an Agriculture Nutrition Cell would be set up in the Rajendra Agriculture University.
iii. According to the nutritional quality assessment of food it will help quality of food served to students in 7,000 schools of Bihar.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO IS THE ADMINISTRATOR OF LAKSHADWEEP?
a. Kiran Bedi
b. Vijay Kumar
c. Ashish Kundra
d. AK Singh
2. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING UT CURRENTLY SIGNED THE ‘ 24*7 POWER FOR ALL’ DOCUMENT?
d. New Delhi
3. WHO IS THE CHAIRPERSON OF RECENTLY FORMED “ CASHLESS SOCIETY” COMMITTEE?
a. Neeraj Kumar Gupta
b. Dheeraj Kumar Gupta
c. Smrat Singh
d. None of the above
4. WHERE IS THE HEADQUATER OF RBL BANK ?
5. WHO WILL REPRESENT INDIA IN THE “22ND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON THE FUTURE ASIA”?
a. Narendra Modi
b. Pranab Mukherjee
c. Sushma Swaraj
d. Arun Jaitley
1. B 2. C 3. A 4. D 5. D
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN