Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 6 MAY 2016
Saturday, May 7, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 6 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. VICE ADMIRAL SUNIL LANBA APPOINTED AS CHIEF OF THE NAVAL STAFF
i. Vice Admiral Sunil Lanba, presently Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief Western Naval Command, was appointed as the next Chief of the Naval Staff.
ii. He will succeed present Navy Chief Admiral Robin K. Dhowan, who will superannuate from the post on 31 May 2016.
2. KUMAR RAJESH CHANDRA APPOINTED CHIEF OF BUREAU OF CIVIL AVIATION SECURITY
i. Senior IPS officer Kumar Rajesh Chandra was appointed as the Chief of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security.
ii. He will replace IPS officer G S Malhi.
iii. G.S Malhi had completed his tenure in November 2012.
iv. The post was lying vacant since then.
v. The appointment for the post was delayed due to claims from officers of both Indian Administrative Service and Indian Police Service to the coveted post.
vi. Bureau of Civil Aviation Security is a regulatory authority for civil aviation security.
vii. The main responsibility of BCAS is to lay down standards and measures in respect of security of civil flights at international and domestic airports in India.
3. RADHA BINOD BARMAN TOOK OVER AS CHAIRPERSON OF NATIONAL STATISTICAL COMMISSION
i. Renowned statistician Dr Radha Binod Barman took over as the part-time Chairperson in the National Statistical Commission.
ii. Professor Rahul Mukherjee, Dr Rajiv Mehta ,Professor S. Mahendra Dev and Dr Manoj Panda also took over as other part-time members of the commission.
iii. National Statistical Commission is an advisory body on all statistical matters, set up to enhance public trust in official statistics.
4. AGRICULTURE PROJECT HARITA-PRIYA OF ANDHRA PRADESH WINS WSIS 2016 PRIZE
i. The agriculture project Harita-Priya of Andhra Pradesh won the World Summit on the Information Society 2016 prize in e-Agriculture category.
ii. Harita-Priya stands for Harmonized Information of Agriculture, Revenue and Irrigation for a Transformation Agenda - Precision Technology for Agriculture.
iii. It meant to collect very specific climate data from farms and give farmers personalised information through SMS
iv. The data is used to create advisories and alerts on irrigation schedules and pests and plant diseases.
5. UNION CABINET APPROVES INDIA-UAE CURRENCY SWAP AGREEMENT
i. The Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto approval for the Memorandum of Understanding between Reserve Bank of India and Central Bank of United Arab Emirates on co-operation concerning currency swap agreement.
ii. The Agreement was signed in February 2016 during the official state visit of Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan to India.
iii. The MoU will help to further strengthen the close economic cooperation and relationship between India and UAE.
iv. A currency swap involves exchange of principal and interest in one currency for the same in another currency.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO IS APPOINTED ASTHE NEW CHIEF OF NAVAL STAFF?
a. Arun Prakash
b. Sureesh Mehta
c. Sunil lanba
d. R.k dhawan
2. WHO IS THE PRESENT ARMY GENERAL?
a. General Dalbir Singh Suhag
b. R.K Dhawan
c. Pran Nath Thapard.
d. none of these
3. WHO IS THE PRESENT CABINET MINISTER OF CIVIL AVIATION DEPARTMENT OF INDIA?
a. Vayalar Ravi
b. Praful Patel
c. Ashok Gajapathi Raju
d. Rajiv Pratap Rudy
4. HOW MANY PART-TIME MEMBERS ARE APPOINTED IN NATIONAL STATISTICAL COMMISSION ?
5. WHO IS THE PRESENT CHAIRPERSON OF NATIONAL STATISTICAL COMMISSION?
a. G.S Malhi
b. Radha Binod Barman
c. Rajesh Chandra
d. None of these
6. WHO WINS WSIS PRIZE 2016?
b. Uday yojna
c. Atal pension yojna
7. HARITA-PRIYA PROJECT WINS AWARD FOR_
d. None of these
1. C 2. A 3. C 4. B 5. B 6. A 7. C
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN