Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 7 MAY 2016
Saturday, May 7, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 7 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. SEVEN INDIAN SHUTTLERS QUALIFY FOR RIO OLYMPICS
i. Seven Indian shuttlers have booked their berth for the upcoming Rio Olympics, scheduled in August.
ii. The list of players is given below:
a. Two female singles players such as Saina Nehwal and PV Sindhu,
b. A male singles' player Kidambi Srikanth,
c. women's doubles pairing of Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa
d. Manu Attri and Sumeeth Reddyin male doubles team.
2. CORPORTION BANK GETS MSME AWARD
i. Corporation Bank has been given ‘excellence award on empowering MSMEs’ .
ii. The award is given by the Federation of Industry, Trade and Services.
iii. The bank had achieved the regulatory target of 7 per cent of annual net bank credit under micro enterprises for 2015-16.
Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises: Kalraj Misra
3. WILFUL DEFAULTERS OWE RS 66,000 CR TO GOVT BANKS
i. The Minister of state for Finance Jayant Sinha has stated that there were 7,686 wilful defaulters owing Rs 66,190 crore to state-owned banks as of December 2015.
ii. The number of wilful defaulters of Public sector banks rose from 5,554 to 7,686 in three years.
iii. They owes amount more than doubled to from last year to Rs 66,190 crore from Rs 27,749 crore.
4. IREDA MAY BE CONVERTED INTO A GREEN BANK
i. The state run Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency can be converted into a Green Bank.
ii. It may br converted to enable its access funding from overseas banks.
iii. IREDA is created to work with the private sector to increase investment in clean energy and bring clean energy financing into the mainstream.
iv. The green bank could offer lower interest charges than traditional banks .
v. It will also tap into international capital to finance solar and wind projects to help India power its cities and rural communities.
5. INDIAN PARASHAR KULKARNI WINS 2016 COMMONWEALTH SHORT STORY PRIZE FOR ASIA REGION
i. Indian Parashar Kulkarni won the Commonwealth Short Story Prize for 2016 for the Asia region.
ii. The is given for his politically grounded unpublished short fiction 'Cow and Company'.
iii. The story 'Cow and Company' narrates the story of four men in search of a cow.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1) WHICH COUNTRY WILL BE GOING TO HOST RIO OLYMPICS 2016?
2) HOW MANY INDIAN SHUTTLERS HAVE QUALIFIED FOR RIO OLYMPICS?
3) WHICH BANK HAS RECEIVED MSME AWARD?
d. CORP BANK
4) HOW MUCH AMOUNT OF GOVERNMENT BANKS OWED BY WILFUL DEFAULTERS?
d. none of these
5) WHO IS THE WRITER OF SHORT STORY ‘NIROPORADH GHUM’?
a. Sumon Rehman b. Ali Afzhar c. Saquib Kamal d. None of these
6) HOW MANY INDIANS ARE SHORTLISTED FOR COMMONWEALTH 2016 SHORT STORY PRIZE?
7. WHO HAS TRANSLATED BANGLADESHI SHORT STORY BOOK ‘NIROPORADH GHUM’?
a. Anubhav sinha
b. Arunava Sinha
c. Vinayak Karma
d. Chetan Bhagat
8. WHO IS THE CHAIRPERSON OF JUDGING PANEL OF FO COMMONWEALTH 2016 SHORT STORY PRIZE?
a. Mathew Joshep
b. Gillian Slovo
c. Robert Hyde
d. None of these
1. A 2.C 3.D 4.B 5.C 6.D 7.B 8.B
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN