Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 19 JUNE 2016
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 19 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. PETER THOMSON ELECTED AS PRESIDENT OF 71ST SESSION OF UNITED NATIONS GENERAL ASSEMBLY
i. The United Nations General Assembly elected Peter Thomson as President of its upcoming 71st session.
ii. He will replace current General Assembly President Mogens Lykketof.
2. GOVERNMENT APPROVES RS 2,070-CRORE HIGHWAY PROJECT IN PUNJAB
i. The Union Cabinet has approved a Rs 2,070-crore highways project in Punjab.
ii. The project are approved under its hybrid annuity mode to ensure faster movement of traffic between Chandigarh and Ludhiana.
3. SUPRIYA SAHU APPOINTED AS DIRECTOR GENERAL OF DOORDARSHAN
i. Supriya Sahu has been appointed as Director General of Doordarshan.
ii. She will be the full-time director general of Doordarshan after two year as the post was lying vacant since July 2014.
4. SURESH CHANDRA APPOINTED AS UNION LAW SECRETARY
i. Senior legal service officer Suresh Chandra was appointed as Union Law Secretary
ii. He is currently Additional Secretary in the department.
iii. He will replace G Narayana Raju.
5. PIYUSH GOYAL LAUNCHES VIDYUT PRAVAH AND URJA MOBILE APP
i. Union Minister of State for Power, Coal and New and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal has launched ‘URJA’- Urban Jyoti Abhiyaan Mobile app.
ii. The app is developed to improve consumer connect with the Urban Power Distribution sector by providing information of IT enabled towns on important parameters.
6. FIRST BATCH OF THREE FEMALE FIGHTER PILOTS COMMISSIONED
i. Creating history, the first batch of three female pilots - Bhawana Kanth, Avani Chaturvedi and Mohana Singh were inducted in Indian Air Force fighter squadron.
ii. In February 2016 President Pranab Mukherjee had announced that all military combat roles will be opened to women in the future.
7. KERALA TOURISM GRABBED FOUR AWARDS AT ‘FILMAT’ INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL IN POLAND
i. Kerala Tourism won four awards at ‘FilmAT’ in one of the biggest international film festivals dedicated to tourism art and ecology in Poland.
ii. Three of the honours were won by a single campaign named ‘Responsible Tourism’ initiative started by Kerala Tourism.
iii. The three awards were won under the categories of the Best Promotional Social Campaign, Protection of Nature, and Eco-Food categories respectively.
iv. The tourism board's ad film ‘The Great Backwaters of Kerala’ won the ‘Best Editing Award’.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO IS THE UNION TRANSPORT & HIGHWAYS MINISTER OF INDIA?
a. Manohar Parrikar
b. Suresh Prabhu
c. Nitin Jairam Gadkari
d. None of these
2. RECENTLY, SURESH CHANDRA HAS BEEN APPOINTED TO WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING POSTS?
a. Union Law Secretary
b. Union Legal Advisor
c. Union Labour Secretary
d. Union Defence Secretary
3. WHO IS THE CHIEF MINISTER OF GOA?
a. Manohar Parrikar
b. Laxmikanth Parsekar
c. Digmbar Kamat
d. Pratap Singh Rawat
4. WHICH MOBILE APP HAS BEEN LAUNCHED IN GOA TO ENHANCE CONSUMER CONNECTIVITY BY UNION POWER MINISTER ‘PIYUSH GOYAL’?
a. Vidyut Pravah & URJA
d. All of the above
5. WHAT IS THE CAPITAL OF POLAND?
6. NAME THE STATE OF INDIA WHICH GOT FOUR AWARDS AT ‘FILMAT’ INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL IN POLAND?
a. Himachal Pradesh
c. Jammu & Kashmir
1. C 2. A 3. B 4. A 5. C 6. D
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN