Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 19 JUNE 2016
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 19 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. PETER THOMSON ELECTED AS PRESIDENT OF 71ST SESSION OF UNITED NATIONS GENERAL ASSEMBLY
i. The United Nations General Assembly elected Peter Thomson as President of its upcoming 71st session.
ii. He will replace current General Assembly President Mogens Lykketof.
2. GOVERNMENT APPROVES RS 2,070-CRORE HIGHWAY PROJECT IN PUNJAB
i. The Union Cabinet has approved a Rs 2,070-crore highways project in Punjab.
ii. The project are approved under its hybrid annuity mode to ensure faster movement of traffic between Chandigarh and Ludhiana.
3. SUPRIYA SAHU APPOINTED AS DIRECTOR GENERAL OF DOORDARSHAN
i. Supriya Sahu has been appointed as Director General of Doordarshan.
ii. She will be the full-time director general of Doordarshan after two year as the post was lying vacant since July 2014.
4. SURESH CHANDRA APPOINTED AS UNION LAW SECRETARY
i. Senior legal service officer Suresh Chandra was appointed as Union Law Secretary
ii. He is currently Additional Secretary in the department.
iii. He will replace G Narayana Raju.
5. PIYUSH GOYAL LAUNCHES VIDYUT PRAVAH AND URJA MOBILE APP
i. Union Minister of State for Power, Coal and New and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal has launched ‘URJA’- Urban Jyoti Abhiyaan Mobile app.
ii. The app is developed to improve consumer connect with the Urban Power Distribution sector by providing information of IT enabled towns on important parameters.
6. FIRST BATCH OF THREE FEMALE FIGHTER PILOTS COMMISSIONED
i. Creating history, the first batch of three female pilots - Bhawana Kanth, Avani Chaturvedi and Mohana Singh were inducted in Indian Air Force fighter squadron.
ii. In February 2016 President Pranab Mukherjee had announced that all military combat roles will be opened to women in the future.
7. KERALA TOURISM GRABBED FOUR AWARDS AT ‘FILMAT’ INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL IN POLAND
i. Kerala Tourism won four awards at ‘FilmAT’ in one of the biggest international film festivals dedicated to tourism art and ecology in Poland.
ii. Three of the honours were won by a single campaign named ‘Responsible Tourism’ initiative started by Kerala Tourism.
iii. The three awards were won under the categories of the Best Promotional Social Campaign, Protection of Nature, and Eco-Food categories respectively.
iv. The tourism board's ad film ‘The Great Backwaters of Kerala’ won the ‘Best Editing Award’.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO IS THE UNION TRANSPORT & HIGHWAYS MINISTER OF INDIA?
a. Manohar Parrikar
b. Suresh Prabhu
c. Nitin Jairam Gadkari
d. None of these
2. RECENTLY, SURESH CHANDRA HAS BEEN APPOINTED TO WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING POSTS?
a. Union Law Secretary
b. Union Legal Advisor
c. Union Labour Secretary
d. Union Defence Secretary
3. WHO IS THE CHIEF MINISTER OF GOA?
a. Manohar Parrikar
b. Laxmikanth Parsekar
c. Digmbar Kamat
d. Pratap Singh Rawat
4. WHICH MOBILE APP HAS BEEN LAUNCHED IN GOA TO ENHANCE CONSUMER CONNECTIVITY BY UNION POWER MINISTER ‘PIYUSH GOYAL’?
a. Vidyut Pravah & URJA
d. All of the above
5. WHAT IS THE CAPITAL OF POLAND?
6. NAME THE STATE OF INDIA WHICH GOT FOUR AWARDS AT ‘FILMAT’ INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL IN POLAND?
a. Himachal Pradesh
c. Jammu & Kashmir
1. C 2. A 3. B 4. A 5. C 6. D
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. BANK DEPOSITS WITH RBI HIT RECORD HIGH AFTE...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN