DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. NRIS CAN NOW JOIN NPS ONLINE THROUGH ENPS
i. The Union Finance Ministry has announced that non-resident Indians can now open National Pension Savings accounts online.
ii. They can invest through eNPS if they have Aadhaar Card or Permanent Account Number card.
iii. NPS are being regulated by the PFRDA a regulator established by the Finance Ministry.
2. STATE BANK OF INDIA CREATES A RS 200 CRORE FUND FOR STARTUPS
i. India's largest public sector lender State Bank of India has created a IT innovations and startup fund.
ii. The fund is setup with the corpus of Rs 200 crore for investment in promising startups.
3. RIO DECLARES FINANCIAL CRISIS
i. Rio de Janeiro's governor declared a state of financial emergency.
ii. They requested federal funds to help fulfill obligations for public services during the Olympics that start Aug. 5.
iii. Rio is expecting about 500,000 foreign visitors during the Olympics, which led a financial crisis and political crisis that last month led to the suspension of President Dilma Rousseff.
4. UN WOMEN ANNOUNCES ANNE HATHAWAY AS ‘GOODWILL AMBASSADOR’ TO PROMOTE GENDER EQUALITY
i. The United Nations entity tasked with promoting gender equality today announced the appointment of American actor Anne Hathaway as global Goodwill Ambassador.
ii. She previously served as an advocate for Nike Foundation and travelled to Kenya and Ethiopia to raise awareness on child marriage.
5. GOVT DECIDES TO ALLOW EXPORT OF 10% MISSILE SYSTEMS TO FRIENDLY COUNTRIES
i. Government has decided in principle to allow export of missile systems to 'certain' countries who have friendly relationship with India.
ii. The deal was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in April last year during his visit to France.
6. INDIA, SOUTH KOREA LAUNCH PLATFORM TO PROMOTE INVESTMENTS
i. India and South Korea today launched a platform to promote and facilitate investments from the east Asian country.
ii. The platform 'Korea Plus' was launched by Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and her South Korean counterpart Joo Hyunghwan in New Delhi.
iii. It is a special initiative to promote and facilitate Korean Investments in India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS OF INDIA THE NRIS MUST HAVE TO OPEN ENPS ACCOUNT IN INDIA?
a. Adhar Card
b. PAN Card
c. Voter ID Card
d. Both (a) & (b)
2. WHAT AMOUNT OF LOAN HAS BEEN GIVEN BY SBI TO STARTUP FUNDS?
a. Rs 200 Cr
b. Rs 300 cr
c. Rs 350 Cr
d. Rs 250 Cr
3. SBI HEADQUARTERS LOCATED AT?
b. New Delhi
4. WHO IS THE UNION MINISTER OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY OF INDIA?
a. Nirmala Sitharaman
b. Nitin Jairam Gadkari
c. Sushma Swaraj
d. Manohar Parrikar
5. NAME THE PLATFORM WHICH IS LAUNCHED BY INDIA-SOUTH KOREA TO PROMOTE INVESTMENT IN INDIA?
a. South Korea Plus
b. Indo-Korea Plus
c. Korea Plus
d. None of these
1. D 2. A 3. C 4. A 5. C