Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 JUNE 2016
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. NRIS CAN NOW JOIN NPS ONLINE THROUGH ENPS
i. The Union Finance Ministry has announced that non-resident Indians can now open National Pension Savings accounts online.
ii. They can invest through eNPS if they have Aadhaar Card or Permanent Account Number card.
iii. NPS are being regulated by the PFRDA a regulator established by the Finance Ministry.
2. STATE BANK OF INDIA CREATES A RS 200 CRORE FUND FOR STARTUPS
i. India's largest public sector lender State Bank of India has created a IT innovations and startup fund.
ii. The fund is setup with the corpus of Rs 200 crore for investment in promising startups.
3. RIO DECLARES FINANCIAL CRISIS
i. Rio de Janeiro's governor declared a state of financial emergency.
ii. They requested federal funds to help fulfill obligations for public services during the Olympics that start Aug. 5.
iii. Rio is expecting about 500,000 foreign visitors during the Olympics, which led a financial crisis and political crisis that last month led to the suspension of President Dilma Rousseff.
4. UN WOMEN ANNOUNCES ANNE HATHAWAY AS ‘GOODWILL AMBASSADOR’ TO PROMOTE GENDER EQUALITY
i. The United Nations entity tasked with promoting gender equality today announced the appointment of American actor Anne Hathaway as global Goodwill Ambassador.
ii. She previously served as an advocate for Nike Foundation and travelled to Kenya and Ethiopia to raise awareness on child marriage.
5. GOVT DECIDES TO ALLOW EXPORT OF 10% MISSILE SYSTEMS TO FRIENDLY COUNTRIES
i. Government has decided in principle to allow export of missile systems to 'certain' countries who have friendly relationship with India.
ii. The deal was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in April last year during his visit to France.
6. INDIA, SOUTH KOREA LAUNCH PLATFORM TO PROMOTE INVESTMENTS
i. India and South Korea today launched a platform to promote and facilitate investments from the east Asian country.
ii. The platform 'Korea Plus' was launched by Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and her South Korean counterpart Joo Hyunghwan in New Delhi.
iii. It is a special initiative to promote and facilitate Korean Investments in India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS OF INDIA THE NRIS MUST HAVE TO OPEN ENPS ACCOUNT IN INDIA?
a. Adhar Card
b. PAN Card
c. Voter ID Card
d. Both (a) & (b)
2. WHAT AMOUNT OF LOAN HAS BEEN GIVEN BY SBI TO STARTUP FUNDS?
a. Rs 200 Cr
b. Rs 300 cr
c. Rs 350 Cr
d. Rs 250 Cr
3. SBI HEADQUARTERS LOCATED AT?
b. New Delhi
4. WHO IS THE UNION MINISTER OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY OF INDIA?
a. Nirmala Sitharaman
b. Nitin Jairam Gadkari
c. Sushma Swaraj
d. Manohar Parrikar
5. NAME THE PLATFORM WHICH IS LAUNCHED BY INDIA-SOUTH KOREA TO PROMOTE INVESTMENT IN INDIA?
a. South Korea Plus
b. Indo-Korea Plus
c. Korea Plus
d. None of these
1. D 2. A 3. C 4. A 5. C
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
To Access File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD’S LARGEST BIRD FESTIVAL IN AGRA i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. AKODARA IN GUJARAT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DI...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN