Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 JUNE 2016
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. HARIKA WON BEST WOMEN'S PLAYER IN KAZAKHSTAN BLITZ
i. Grand Master Harika Dronavalli won the best women's player award in the Eurasian Blitz chess tournament in Kazakhstan.
ii. Harika had won the best woman's prize at the Zalakaros International Chess Festival in Hungary
2. NAGALAND GOVERNOR LAUNCHES WOMEN'S HELPLINE NUMBER '181'
i. Governor of Nagaland and Assam P B Acharya has launched women helpline number – 181.
ii. He also inaugurated Sakhi, a one stop Centre for the support women affected by violence both in private and public spaces under one roof.
3. UK PRIME MINISTER DAVID CAMERON ANNOUNCED RESIGNATION AFTER BREXIT VOTE
i. The Prime Minister of United Kingdom David Cameron announced his resignation hours after the Brexit vote that favoured leaving the European Union .
ii. During the campaign he advocated for remaining with the EU.
iii. In the referendum 51.89 % of the voters preferred to leave the EU.
4. MAHASHANGARH DECLARED AS THE SARRC CULTURAL CAPITAL FOR 2016-17
i. Mahasthangarh, the 3rd century BC archaeological site in Bogra, Bangladesh, has been declared as the South Asian Association of Regional Cooperation cultural capital for the year 2016-17.
ii. It will host festivals on literature, foods ,films and dances from October 2016 to September 2017.
iii. The year 2016-17 has also be declared the SAARC Year of Cultural Heritage.
5. INDIAN-ORIGIN LAWYER TO CHAIR PANEL ON HUMAN RIGHTS IN SOUTH SUDAN
i. Indian-origin lawyer Yasmin Sooka has been appointed to chairman of UN commission to monitor the human rights situation in South Sudan.
ii. The committee was formed by the United Nations Human Right Council
iii. The other two members of the committee are Kenneth R. Scott and Godfrey M. Musila .
iv. The committee has been formed to monitor human rights violations in South Sudan and make recommendations for the process of transitional justice, healing and reconciliation.
6. INTERNATIONAL DAY AGAINST DRUG ABUSE AND ILLICIT TRAFFICKING HAS BEEN OBSERVED ON JUNE 26TH
i. The International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is observed every year on June 26.
ii. The day is observed to raise awareness about the major problem of illicit drugs.
iii. The theme of the day is “Listen First”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. THE CHESS GRANDMASTER “HARIKA DRONAVALLI” WHO WINS BEST WOMEN’S PLAYER AWARD BELONGS TO WHICH COUNTRY?
2. WHO IS THE GOVERNOR OF NAGALAND?
a. Padama Balkrishna Acharya
b. Padamanabha Acharya
c. Loknath Mishra
d. Nikhil Kumar
3. WHAT IS THE WOMEN’S HELPLINE NUMBER LAUNCHED BY THE GOVERNOR OF NAGALAND?
4. WHERE ARE THE HEADQUARTERS OF SAARC IS LOCATED?
a. New Delhi, India
b. Kathmandu, Nepal
c. Colombo, Srilanka
d. Dhaka, Bangladesh
5. WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF SARRC?
a. Sheel Sharma
b. Ahmed Salim
c. Arjun Bahadur Thapa
d. None of these
6. RECENTLY, WHO IS APPOINTED AS THE CHAIRMAN OF UNITED NATIONS RIGHT COUNCIL?
a. Yasmin Sooka
b. Ahmed Salim
c. Hardoi Singh
d. Milkha Singh
7. WHAT IS THEME OF “INTERNATIONAL DAY AGAINST DRUG ABUSE AND ILLICIT TRAFFICKING”?
a. Stay Away
b. Don’t take drug
c. Free drug society
d. Listen First
1. C 2. A 3. D 4. B 5. C 6. A 7. D
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –23,24 OCTOBER 1. Which city recently bestowed honorary citizenship on Dalai Lama? a) Venice b)...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25,26 OCTOBER 1. Which country formally begun the process of withdrawing from the International Criminal...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN