DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 27 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. BCCI TO HOST MINI IPL IN SEPTEMBER
i. The BCCI is set to introduce a new Twenty20 event, to be branded as mini IPL, outside India in September.
ii. According to BCCI president Anurag Thakur the BCCI is willing to host a mini IPL or IPL overseas with all the eight teams participating.
2. MERCER'S COST OF LIVING SURVEY 2016 RELEASED
i. In Mercer's Cost of Living Survey Asia dominates the top 5 of 2016 Cost of Living Ranking Hong Kong on the No. 1 spot.
ii. New York City is used as the base city for all comparisons and currency movements are measured against the US dollar.
iii. Top Five Indian cities were also ranked in the list are:
a. Mumbai – Rank 82
b. New Delhi – Rank 130
c. Chennai – Rank 158
d. Kolkata – 194
e. Bangalore – Rank 180
Top 10 countries in the list are:
a. Hong Kong
b. Luanda Angola
c. Zurich Switzerland
e. Tokyo Japan
3. CHILE GRABBED 2016 COPA AMERICA FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT
i. Defending champion Chile won the 2016 Copa America Football tournament by defeating Argentina in a penalty shootout.
ii. In the final match New Jersey (US) Chile defeated Argentina by 4-2 goals in the penalty shootout as in the regulation period both teams failed to score goal.
iii. Copa America Football title is an international football competition. It is played between the men’s national football teams of South American Football Confederation.
4. INTERNATIONAL INDIAN FILM ACADEMY IIFA AWARDS 2016 PRESENTED
i. The 17th International Indian Film Academy Awards 2016 were presented in Madrid, Spain.
List of 2016 IIFA Awards
a. Best Film award:Bajrangi Bhaijaan
b. Best Director:Sanjay Leela Bhansali for Bajirao Mastani
c. Best Actress in a Leading Role:Deepika padukune
d. IIFA Award for Woman of the Year:Priyanka Chopra
ii. IIFA Awards are presented by the International Indian Film Academy every year.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF BCCI?
a. Anurag Thakur
b. Shanshank Manohar
c. Jagmohan Dalmiya
d. N Srinivasan
2. NAME THE COUNTRY WHO TOPS THE LIST OF COST OF LIVING SURVEY 2016 BY MERCER?
3. “CHILE” GRABBED THE TITLE OF 2016 COPA AMERICA FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT BY DEFEATING WHICH COUNTRY?
4. WHICH OF FILM IS AWARDED AS THE BEST FILM IN THE 17TH INTERNATIONAL INDIAN FILM ACADEMY AWARDS 2016?
a. Bajirao Mastani
c. Bajrangi Bhaijaan
d. None of these
1. A 2. D 3. B 4. C