Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 JUNE 2016
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIA BECAME THE 35TH FULL MEMBER OF MISSILE TECHNOLOGY CONTROL REGIME
i. India has joined the Missile Technology Control Regime today as a full member.
ii. India's entry into the regime as its thirty-fifth member will enable India to buy missile technology and also improve joint ventures with Russia.
iii. The aim of the MTCR is to restrict the proliferation of missiles, complete rocket systems and unmanned air vehicles.
2. PM NARENDRA MODI LAUNCHES SMART CITY MISSION PROJECTS IN PUNE
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the ‘Smart City Mission’ involving 83 projects from 20 different cities in the country.
ii. The Smart City Mission’ projects are related to water supply projects, sewage treatment plants, solid waste management under Swachh Bharat Mission.
3. AIIB APPROVES FIRST LOANS FOR PROJECTS IN FOUR COUNTRIES
i. The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank has approved first set of loans totaling US 509 million dollars to finance projects in four countries namely- Bangladesh, Indonesia, Pakistan and Tajikistan.
ii. These loans for the four projects were approved in Board of Directors meeting of AIIB held at its headquarters in Beijing, China.
4. BHEL COMMISSIONS TWO HYDEL UNITS IN AFGHANISTAN
i. Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has commissioned two units of 14 Megawatts each at Salma Hydro Electric Project in Afghanistan.
ii. The Salma dam, or the Afghan-India Friendship dam, was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the presence of Afghan President Ashraf Ghani.
5. SRI SRI RAVI SHANKAR AWARDED HONORARY FELLOWSHIP IN UK
i. National Indian Students and Alumni Union have awarded Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar with an Honorary Fellowship in the UK.
ii. He is honoured for his contributions to world peace and culture.
iii. The organization is proud to honour Sri Sri Ravi Shankar for his important contribution to the world peace & working towards a violence-free society, for his social and cultural contributions to India.
6. LIONEL MESSI ANNOUNCED RETIREMENT FROM INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL
i. Lionel Messi has announced his retirement from international football after Argentina defeated against Chile in the final of the Copa America.
ii. The Barcelona superstar was under stress after missing a spot-kick against Chile in a penalty shoot-out
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. HOW MANY COUNTRIES ARE THE MEMBERS OF “MISSILE TECHNOLOGY CONTROL REGIME”?
2. NAME THE CITY IN WHICH “SMART CITY MISSION” PROJECT LAUNCHED BY PM NARENDRA MODI?
3. WHERE ARE THE HEADQUARTERS OF AIIB SITUATED?
d. None of these
4. WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF AFGHANISTAN?
a. Kamal Khan
b. Ashraf Ghani
c. Mohammad Kamal
d. Yasmin Rehman
5. THE FAMOUS FOOTBALL PLAYER “LIONEL MESSI” BELONGS TO WHICH COUNTRY?
1. D 2. C 3. A 4. B 5. A
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –23,24 OCTOBER 1. Which city recently bestowed honorary citizenship on Dalai Lama? a) Venice b)...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25,26 OCTOBER 1. Which country formally begun the process of withdrawing from the International Criminal...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN