Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 6 JUNE 2016
Tuesday, June 7, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 6 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY OBSERVED ON 5TH JUNE
i. World Environment Day was observed on 5 June.
ii. The theme of the day is Zero tolerance for the illegal trade in wildlife.
iii. The main aim of the day is to inspire more people to take action to avoid the growing strain on Earth’s natural systems from reaching the breaking point.
2. PM MODI AND GHANI INAUGURATES AFGHAN-INDIA FRIENDSHIP DAM
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Afghanistan President Dr Ashraf Ghani jointly inaugurated the Afghan-India Friendship Dam in Western Afghanistan.
ii. The Dam was earlier known as Salma Dam made on river Chist-e-Sharif
iii. Prime Minister Narendra Modi honoured with the highest civilian honour of Afghanistan, the Amir Amanullah Khan Award.
3. ASIA’S LARGEST ANNUAL SECURITY FORUM SHANGRI-LA DIALOGUE INAUGURATED IN SINGAPORE
i. Asia’s largest annual security forum Shangri-La Dialogue was inaugurated in Singapore.
ii. It is the 15th Asia Security Summit to openly discuss and debate security matters in the Asia-Pacific region.
iii. It discussed the issues like territorial disputes in the South China Sea, military provocations of North Korea and Islamist extremism, counterterrorism, migration, military competition and cybersecurity.
4. NAVIN AGARWAL APPOINTED DG OF NATIONAL ANTI-DOPING AGENCY
i. Senior IPS officer Navin Agarwal appointed as Director General and Chief Executive Officer of National Anti-Doping Agency .
ii. He is appointed to the post for five years term.
iii. National Anti Doping Agency was set up :
a. To implement the Anti Doping Code to achieve compliance by all sports organizations in the Country.
b. To coordinate dope testing program through all participating stakeholders.
c. To promote anti doping research and education to inculcate the value of dope free sports.
5. INTERNATIONAL DAY OF INNOCENT CHILDREN VICTIMS OF AGGRESSION 2016 OBSERVED ON 3RD JUNE
i. The International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression 2016 was observed across the world on 3rd June 2016.
ii. The purpose of the day is to acknowledge the pain suffered by children throughout the world who are the victims of physical, mental and emotional abuse.
iii. The day affirms the commitment of the United Nations to protect the rights of children.
6. INDIA’S FIRST MR UNIVERSE MANOHAR AICH PASSES AWAY
i. India’s first Mr Universe and body-builder Manohar Aich passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal.
ii. He was 104 years old.
iii. Manohar Aich had won the Mr. Universe title in 1952 and was nicknamed ‘Pocket Hercules’ due to his 4-feet, 11-inch frame.
iv. He was also nicknamed “Bahubali”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. 5TH JUNE IS OBSERVED AS “WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY”. WHAT IS THE THEME OF THE DAY?
a. Control environmental pollution
b. Protection of Wildlife
c. Zero tolerance for illegal trade in wildlife
d. Secure endangered spices
2. AFGHAN-INDIA FRIENDSHIP DAM ALSO KNOWN AS SALMA DAM IS SITUATED AT WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING RIVERS?
a. Hari river
b. Sufi river
c. Heart river
d. Chishti river
3. PM NARENDRA MODI PRESENTED WITH WHICH COUNTRY HIGHEST CIVILIAN “AMIR AMANULLAH KHAN” AWARD?
c. Saudi Arabia
4. WHO IS APPOINTED AS NEW DG OF NATIONAL ANTI- DOPING AGENCY?
a. Navin Agrawal
b. Navin Sinha
c. Navin Kumar
d. Navin Singh
5. 15TH ASIA SECURITY SUMMIT HELD AT?
b. New Delhi
6. INTERNAL DAY OF INNOCENT CHILDREN VICTIM AGGRESSION 2016 IS OBSERVED ON?
a. 1st June
b. 3rd June
c. 4th June
d. 6th June
1. C 2. A 3. D 4. A 5. D 6. B
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –23,24 OCTOBER 1. Which city recently bestowed honorary citizenship on Dalai Lama? a) Venice b)...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25,26 OCTOBER 1. Which country formally begun the process of withdrawing from the International Criminal...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN