DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 8 JUNE 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. RBI HAS ANNOUNCED SECOND BI-MONTHLY MONETARY POLICY STATEMENT
i. RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan has announced the Second Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement for the year 2016-17.
ii. This time the repo rate is remained unchanged at 6.5%, reverse repo rate stays at 6.00 %, and CRR remains at 4%.
iii. Liquid adjustment facility rate will remain unchanged at 6.0 %, and the MSF rate and the Bank Rate at 7.0 %.
2. HIMACHAL PRADESH BECOMES FIRST STATE TO LAUNCH GREEN-CONCEPT BASED STATE DATA CENTRE
i. Himachal Pradesh became the first state in the country to have a State Data Centre .
ii.It is designed to minimize power requirement and increase power utilization efficiency.
iii. It was launched by the Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh in Shimla.
3. GUWAHATI DECLARES GANGETIC RIVER DOLPHIN AS ITS ‘CITY ANIMAL’
i. Guwahati has become the first city in the country to have its own ‘city animal’.
ii.They declared Gangetic River Dolphin as its mascot.
ii. Gangetic River Dolphin is locally known as ‘Sihu’ which remains in the River Brahmaputra along Guwahati.
4. SWACHH YUG CAMPAIGN TO MAKE GRAM PANCHAYATS AND GANGA OPEN DEFECATION FREE
i. Government has launched a campaign ‘Swachh Yug’ for creating change among people staying in villages along the holy river.
ii. The government is making efforts to make villages located along Ganga open defecation-free,
5. DIA MIRZA NAMED AMBASSADOR FOR SWACHH SAATHI PROGRAMME
i. Bollywood actress Dia Mirza has been named as the ambassador for Swachh Saathi programme.
ii. It is a youth-based programme of Swachh Bharat Mission.
iii. Under this Programme more than 2000 interns would be enrolled to coordinate around 10000 schools across India.
iv. They will also ensure that all students in the schools take the pledge for Clean India.
6. US ARMY RESERVE OFFICER DESHAUNA BARBER CROWNED AS MISS USA 2016
i. Deshauna Barber a serving Army Reserve officer of United States has crowned as the Miss USA 2016. at the Miss USA competition 2016 held at the T-Mobile Arena off the Las Vegas Strip.
ii. Barber became the first-ever military member to win Miss USA title.
iii. Now She will represent the USA at Miss Universe Competition 2016.
7. WALMART RETAINS TOP POSITION IN FORTUNE 500 LIST
i. In 2016 rankings Walmart has topped the Fortune 500 list for the fourth consecutive year.
ii. Apple the most profitable company on the list, with $53 billion in profits slipped to No. 3 from No. 5
8. SERENA BECOMES WORLD'S TOP PAID SPORTSWOMAN
i. According to Forbes Magazine report Serena Williams has overtaken Maria Sharapova as the world's highest-paid sportswoman.
ii. She earned USD 28.9 million over the past 12 monthsand Sharapova earned USD 21.9 million over the past 12 months.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHAT IS THE NEW MSF RATE ACCORDING TO 2ND BI-MONTHLY MONETARY POLICY REVIEW?
2. WHICH IS THE 1ST STATE TO LAUNCH GREEN CONCEPT BASED STATE DATA CENTRE?
a. Himachal Pradesh
b. Madhya Pradesh
c. Uttar Pradesh
d. New Delhi
3. WHICH CAMPAIGN IS LAUNCHED TO MAKE GREEN PANCHAYATS AND GANGA DEFECATION FREE?
a. Swacch Bharat
b. Clean India
c. Sawcch Yug
d. All of the above
4. WHICH ANIMAL HAS BECOME CITY ANIMAL OF GUWAHATI?
d. Gangetic Dolphin
5. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING ARE NAMED AS BRAND AMBASSADOR OF “SWACCH SATHI YOJANA”?
a. Vipasha Basu
b. Diya Mirza
c. Vidaya Balan
6. RECENTLY, WHO OWNED THE TITLE OF MISS USA 2016?
a. Deshauna Barber
b. Alexndra Barber
c. Caleb Parrish
d. Nataly Booth
1. B 2. A 3. C 4. D 5. B 6. A