Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 11-12 JULY 2016
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 11-12 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. DUMPING DUTY IMPOSED ON PTA IMPORTS FROM 5 COUNTRIES
i. The Finance Ministry has imposed anti-dumping duty on purified terephthalic acid imports from China, Taiwan, Iran, Indonesia and Malaysia.
ii. Anti-dumping duty is a protectionist tariff that a domestic government imposes on foreign imports
iii. When it believes imported goods are priced below fair market value.
iv. Purified terephthalic acid is a white, free flowing crystalline powder which is known as the primary raw material for the manufacture of polyester chips.
v. It is used in a number of applications in textiles, packaging, consumer goods ,furnishings, resins and coatings is called as Purified Terephthalic Acid.
2. UNION GOVERNMENT CONSTITUTES CYBER CELL
i. The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development is taking measures to protect women and children from harassment and trolling on social media platforms.
ii. Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi announced a cyber cell in New Delhi
iii. The WCD Ministry has advised women and children to send their complaints, if they are being abused or harassed on social media platforms using the hashtag #IamTrolledHelp.
3. PORTUGAL WIN EURO 2016 FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
i. Portugal defeated France by 1-0 to won their first ever EURO championship at Saint-Denis in Paris.
ii. This was the 15th UEFA European Championship, the quadrennial international men's football championship of Europe organised by UEFA.
4. WORLD POPULATION DAY IS OBSERVED ON JULY 11
i. The World Population Day is observed on July 11 to put attention on the urgency and importance of population issue.
ii. The theme of the day is “Investing in teenage girls”.
iii. It focuses on the empowerment of teenage girls.
5. 51ST JNANPITH AWARD CONFERRED ON GUJARATI WRITER DR. RAGHUVEER CHAUDHARI
i. President Pranab Mukherjee conferred the 51st Jnanpith Award on renowned Gujarati writer and litterateur Dr. Raghuveer Chaudhari .
ii. He was awarded with the India’s highest literary honour carrying a cash prize, a citation plaque and a bronze replica of Goddess Saraswati for the year 2015.
iii. Jnanpith Award is India’s highest literary honour.
iv. Its name has been taken from Sanskrit words Jnana and Pitha which means knowledge-seat.
6. FIRST WOMAN CHIEF JUSTICE OF NEPAL SUSHILA KARKI TAKES OATH
i. Sushila Karki has become the first woman Chief Justice of Nepal.
ii. The oath was administered by President Bidya Devi Bhandari.
iii. She is Known for her zero tolerance against corruption in the judiciary.
7. WINNERS OF 2016 WIMBLEDON CHAMPIONSHIPS OF TENNIS
i. The 2016 Wimbledon Championships was a tennis tournament held from 27 June to 10 July 2016.
ii. The list of awardess:
a. Men’s Singles Title is won by Britain’s Andy Murray
b. Women’s Singles Title Serena Williams of United States has won 2016 Wimbledon title in women’s singles category.
c. Men’s Doubles Title French pair of Pierre-Hugues Herbert and Nicolas Mahut won the 2016 Wimbledon title in the men’s doubles category.
d. . Women’s Doubles US pair of Serena Williams and Venus Williams won the 2016 Wimbledon title in the women’s doubles category.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. FINANCE MINISTER RECENTLY HAS IMPOSED AN ANTI-DEMPING DUTY ON PTA IMPORTS. WHAT IS THE FULL FORM OF PTA?
(a) Productive terephthatic acid
(b) Purified terephthatic acid
(c) Pure terephthatic acid
(d) Protective terephthatic acid
2. WHO IS THE MINISTER OF WCD?
(a) K.C Rajkumar
(b) Vinita Sharma
(c) Maneka Gandhi
(d) Praneet Kaur
3. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING IS OBSERVED ON 11TH JULY?
(a) World friendship day
(b) World population day .
(c) World consumer day
(d) World Humanitarian day
4. WHO HAS AWARDED WITH 51ST JNAPITH AWARD?
(a) Dr. Raghuveer Chaudhari
(b) Dr. Amit Trivedi
(c) Dr. Chandan Chaudhary
(d) Dr. Varun Kumar.
5. WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF NEPAL?
(a) Sushila Karki
(b) Yamini Thapa
(c) Veena Gurung
(d) Bidya Devi
6. WHO HAS WON WOMEN’S SINGLES TITLE IN WIMBELDON 2016 TOURNAMENT?
(a) Venus Williams
(b) Serena Williams
(c) Nicolas Mahut
(d) Maria Sharpova
1. (B) 2. (C) 3. (B) 4. (A) 5. (D) 6. (B)
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN