DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 10 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. NATO SUMMIT BEGINS IN WARSAW
i. The NATO summit has been started in Warsaw, Poland.
ii. The leaders of the 28 NATO Allies and many partner nations will participate to enhance the Alliance’s security by strengthening its defence, and projecting stability beyond its borders.
iii. NATO leaders will discuss key security topics issues such as continuing support for Afghan forces, defeating Islamic State militants.
2. NIRMALA SITHARAMAN TO LEAD BUSINESS DELEGATION TO RUSSIA
i. Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will lead a delegation of over 110 Indian companies that will showcase their engineering prowess at a trade fair in Russia.
ii. India is the partner country for 'INNOPROM 2016', which is the largest annual international industrial trade fair of Russia.
3. KERALA GOVERNMENT IMPOSES 14.5 PER CENT FAT TAX ON JUNK FOOD
i. The Kerala government has announced its decision to impose 14.5 per cent tax on junk food.
ii. The ‘Fat Tax’ imposed on such food items will make food items like burgers, pizzas, pasta costlier.
iii. The need for the so-called ‘fat tax’ is explained by the fact the state currently has the second-highest obesity rate for children in India.
4. RADHIKA MENON FIRST WOMAN TO RECEIVE AWARD FOR EXCEPTIONAL BRAVERY AT SEA
i. Radhika Menon will become the first woman in the world to receive the Award for Exceptional Bravery at Sea from the International Maritime Organisation .
ii. The award is given for saving the lives of seven fishermen, whose hopes of survival were all but over.
iii. Five year ago, she became the first woman captain of the Indian Merchant Navy.
5. PORTUGAL WINS 2016 UEFA EUROPEAN FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
i. Portugal has won the 2016 UEFA European football championship known as Euro Cup 2016 by defeating host France.
ii. It was Portugal’s first UEFA European Championship title.
6. TATHAGATA ROY SWORN-IN AS ACTING GOVERNOR OF ARUNACHAL PRADESH
i. Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy has sworn in as the acting Governor of Arunachal Pradesh.
ii. He became 18th Governor to be sworn in as Governor of Tripura.
iii. Constitutional provisions of Governor Article 153 says that there shall be Governor for each state
iv. The Governor is appointed by President and hold office during the pleasure of President.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHICH COUNTRY WILL HOST NATO SUMMIT?
2. WHICH STATE IMPOSED FAT TAX ON JUNK FOOD?
(c) Andhra pradesh
3. WHO HAS BECOME THE FIRST WOMAN CAPTION OF THE INDIAN MERCHANT NAVY?
(a) Radhika Menon
(b) Rupinder Sandhu .
(c) Samita Sachdev
(d) Nitu Sharma
4. PORTUGAL HAS WON 2016 UEFA EUROPEAN FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP BY DEFEATING?
5. WHO HAS BECOME THE 18TH GOVERNOR OF ARUNACHAL PRADESH?
(a) Ananth Kumar
(b) Vikramjeet Sinha
(c) Aman Charkhwal
(d) Tadhagata Roy
6. WHO IS THE MOST POPULAR PERSON IN THE WORLD?
(a) Francois Hollande
(b) Xi Jinping
(c) Vladmir putin
(d) Tshering Tobgay
1. C 2. A 3. A 4. B 5. D 6. C