DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 13 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. ADITYA PURI CEO OF HDFC BANK NAMED BEST BANKING CEO IN ASIA
i. Aditya Puri the CEO of the second largest private sector lender HDFC Bank has been ranked as the best banking CEO in Asia.
ii. The HDFC bank's chief financial officer Sashi Jagdishan has been ranked as the best CFO.
iii. The bank is also ranked as the best IR company.
2. MINISTRY OF HEALTH LAUNCHES NATIONWIDE INTENSIFIED DIARRHOEA CONTROL FORTNIGHT"
i. Minister of Health and Family Welfare J P Nadda launched nationwide Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight "
ii. It will be observed from July 11 to 23 July
iii. It is a very cost -effective intervention to control the risk of spread of diarrhoea which scales up during monsoon season.
3. KARNATAKA TRADE BODY INKS PACT WITH SANYA CITY
i. The Karnataka Region Economic and Trade Organisation and the Sanya People Municipal Government, China inked a memorandum of understanding to increase trade between Sanya City and Karnataka.
ii. The agreement allows for large and medium delegations from Sanya to visit Karnataka and vice-versa.
iii. This agreement also allows for Sanya city to be certified as an approved destination for delegation visits from Karnataka.
4. SUN PHARMA INTRODUCES ANTI-CANCER PRODUCT IN EUROPE
i. Sun Pharma has announced rollout of Gemcitabine InfuSMART in Europe.
ii. InfuSMART is a technology in which oncology products are developed in a ready-to-administer bag.
iii. The Sun Pharma become the world’s first pharmaceutical company to manufacture and launch a licensed RTA oncology product.
iv. InfuSMART is a technology in which oncology products are developed in a ready-to-administer bag after the company has received regulatory approval to produce InfuSMART in eight key.
5. JINSON JOHNSON, DHARAMBIR SINGH AND RENJITH MAHESHWARI QUALIFY FOR RIO 2016 OLYMPICS
i. Sprinter Dharambir Singh and Jinson Johnson along with Triple jumper Renjith Maheshwari have qualified for Rio Olympics in Brazil.
ii. Renjith Maheshwari and Dharambir Singh also broke two national records in Triple jump and 200-metre race event.
iii. Dharambhir became the first male Indian to qualify for Olympic after 36 years.
6. SBI INKS MOU WITH IIT BOMBAY TO PROMOTE STARTUPS IN FINANCIAL SECTOR
i. The State Bank of India has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at IIT Bombay to promote innovation by start-ups in the financial sector.
ii. The SINE is IIT Bombay’s technology business incubator to promote innovation by startups in the financial sector.
iii. Under this agreement SBI and both the institutes will identify financial technology start-ups that have products or applications to cater to the financial sector.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO HAS BEEN NAMED AS BEST CFO IN ASIA?
(a) Sashi Jagdishan
(b) Aditya Puri
(c) Nitika Bhakshi
(d) Samrat Raina
2. WHO IS THE MINISTER OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE?
(a) JP Nadda
(b) Suresh Prabhu
(c) Harsimrat Kaur
(d) Sudesh Parekar
3. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING APP LAUNCHED BY MAHARASTRA POLICE?
(a) Police Ask
(b) Railway Elite .
(c) Police Mitra
(d) Pratisaad Mitra
4. SANYA CITY IS IN WHICH COUNTRY?
5. RECENTLY LAFARGE-HOLCIUM SOLD ITS INDIAN ASSETS TO WHICH COMPANY?
6. THE STUDY OF TREATMENT OF TUMOURS IS CALLED?
7. DHARAMBIR SINGH IS ASSOCIATED WITH WHICH SPORT?
(d) Triple jump
1. (A) 2. (A) 3. (C) 4. (D) 5. (C) 6. (A) 7. (B)