Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 19 JULY 2016
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 19 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIAN RAILWAYS TO INSTALL TRI-NETRA TO REDUCE TRAIN ACCIDENTS
i. The Indian Railways has started a process to launch the Terrain Imaging for Diesel Drivers- Infrared Enhanced Optical and Radar Assisted system to avoid train accidents.
ii. The system will be installed on locomotives for enhancing the vision of Locomotive Pilots in inclement weather.
iii. The device uses infrared and radar technology to collect signals up to a distance of 2 to 3 km and displays the information on a screen fitted inside the locomotive.
iv. The Tri-Netra will alert the drivers of any physical obstruction on railway tracks and give ample time for the driver to apply the brakes to prevent train accidents.
2. INDIA’S FIRST E-COURT OPENED AT HYDERABAD HIGH COURT
i. India’s first e-court has been operated at High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad.
ii. The Hyderabad high court is the common high court for the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
iii. It was inaugurated by Supreme Court judge Justice Madan B. Lokur who heads the e-Committee of the Supreme Court.’
iv. The purpose of e-court is to ensure speedy justice for the litigants.
v. The e-Courts will ensure easy and better access to justice for public.
3. FOURTH TRANCHE OF SOVEREIGN GOLD BOND SCHEME OPENED FOR SUBSCRIPTION
i. The fourth tranche of the Sovereign Gold Bonds scheme opened for subscription.
ii. SGB is government securities denominated in grams of gold.
iii. It offers an alternative to holding gold in physical form and it was launched in October 2015.
iv. Government has fixed 3,119 Rupees per gram as the issue price for the bond in this tranche.
v. The scheme will be open till 22 July 2016 and the bond can be purchased from the National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange.
vi. SGB gives an interest of 2.75 per cent per annum and is payable every six months on initial investment.
4. GURUPRASAD MOHAPATRA APPOINTED AS CHAIRMAN OF AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF INDIA
i. Guruprasad Mohapatra was appointed as Chairman of Airports Authority of India .
ii. Guruprasad Mohapatra had served in the Sales Tax department of Gujarat as Special Commissioner .
iii. Airports Authority of India is statutory body under the aegis of Union Ministry of Civil Aviation.
5. GOVT RELEASES RS 100 CR TOWARDS CO-CONTRIBUTION IN APY
i. The Government has released Rs 100 crore towards its co-contribution for Atal Pension Yojana for 2015-16.
ii. It provides minimum guaranteed pension ranging between Rs 1,000 to Rs 5,000 per month for the subscriber from the age of 60 years.
iii. Under the scheme, individuals who have registered before March 31, 2016, will get a co-contribution from the government.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE DEPARTMENT WHO HAS INITIATED A PROCESS TO LAUNCH “TRI-NETRA” PROGRAM?
a. Weather Forecast Department
b. Indian Railways Department
c. Indian Defense System
d. None of these
2. NAME THE CHIEF MINISTER OF ANDHRA PRADESH?
a. Kiran Reddy
b. K. Rosaiah
c. N Chandra Babu Naidu
d. Rajasshekhara Reddy
3. WHAT IS THE MINIMUM DENOMINATION OF GOLD IS SUBSCRIBED UNDER “SOVEREIGN GOLD BONDS” BY FINANCE MINISTER OF INDIA?
a. 5 grams
b. 4 grams
c. 1.5 grams
d. 1 grams
4. WHO IS THE CABINET CIVIL AVIATION MINISTER OF INDIA?
a. Pusapati Ashok Gajapati raju
b. Pusapati Sahane
c. Mahesh Sharma
d. Ashok Sharma
5. WHAT IS THE MINIMUM GUARANTEED PENSION RANGE OF “ATAL PENSION YOJANA”?
a. Rs 1500 to 4500 per month
b. Rs 1000 to 5000 per day
c. Rs 2500 to 5000 per day
d. Rs 1000 to 3000 per day
1. B 2. C 3. D 4. A 5. B
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. BANK DEPOSITS WITH RBI HIT RECORD HIGH AFTE...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25 NOVEMBER 1. Who will be the Chief Guest at the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas? a) Antonio Costa b) Mich...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN