Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 JULY 2016
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. COMMERCE MINISTRY STARTED E-MARKETPLACE FOR GOODS PROCUREMENT
i. The Commerce Ministry has launched an e-marketplace for online purchase of goods and services by various central government ministries and departments.
ii. It is aimed to bring more transparency and streamlining the government procurement of goods and services.
2. DELHI CM LAUNCHES LIVE INTERACTIVE PROGRAMME TALKTOAK
i. Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has launched a live interactive programme, titled 'TalkToAK'.
ii. The programme is aimed at directly engaging with the Delhiites, where people from across the country can ask him questions over the phone, by sending text messages and through social media.
3. MALCOLM TURNBULL SWORN IN AS AUSTRALIA’S PM FOR ANOTHER TERM
i. Malcolm Turnbull was sworn in as the Prime Minister of Australia for another term.
ii. It was the first double dissolution election since the 1987 election.
iii. Malcolm Bligh Turnbull is the 29th and current Prime Minister of Australia.
4. NETHERLAND AND UP SIGNS AGREEMENT FOR SETTING UP SKILL DEVELOPMENT CENTRE FOR FARMERS
i. The Netherlands and Uttar Pradesh signed a Memorandum of Understanding to set up a skill development centre to help farmers.
ii. The MoU would ensure that farmers get information on food processing.
iii. They can also use modern techniques to boost production of sugarcane, dairy development, potatoand flowers.
iv. The Netherlands would also help in land reclamation of 1500 acres in the Ganga basin in Kanpur and development of cultural heritage.
5. SC ACCEPTS LODHA PANEL RECOMMENDATIONS ON STRUCTURAL REFORMS IN BCCI
i. The Supreme Court accepted major recommendations of the Lodha Committee on reforms in BCCI.
ii. It imposed bar on ministers and civil servants and those above 70 years of age from becoming its members.
iii. It accepted the panel's recommendation that there should be a player's association in the BCCI.
iv. The bench also accepted the recommendation that one person should hold one post in cricket administration to avoid any conflict of interest.
6. WORLD BANK GROUP APPOINTS PAUL ROMER AS CHIEF ECONOMIST
i. World Bank Group has appointed Paul Romer as World Bank Chief Economist.
ii. He is a widely respected economist and a successful entrepreneur.
iii. As Chief Economist he will support the President and the senior management in leading the institution and inspiring the development profession during this time of transformative change.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE CAPITAL OF AUSTRALIA?
d. None of these
2. WHO IS THE 29TH PRIME MINISTER OF AUSTRALIA?
a. Genela Markell
b. Margrate Chan
c. Malcolm Turnbull
d. Malcolm Booth
3. FOR SETTING UP SKILL DEVELOPMENT CENTRE FOR FARMERS, UTTAR PRADESH SIGNED AGREEMENT WITH WHICH COUNTRY?
b. South Africa
4. WHAT IS THE CURRENCY OF NETHERLANDS?
5. RECENTLY, WHO IS APPOINTED AS CHIEF ECONOMIST OF WORLD BANK?
a. Albert Joshep
b. Paul Romer
c. Clarence Petre
d. Terrance Paul
1. D 2. C 3. D 4. A 5. B
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. AKODARA IN GUJARAT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DI...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN