Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 24 JULY 2016
Tuesday, July 26, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 24 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. KERALA GOVERNMENT LAUNCHES FIRST EVER WATER METRO PROJECT IN THE COUNTRY
i. Kerala Government has launched Kochi Water Metro project and became the first ever Water Metro project of the country.
ii. The project aims to provide water connectivity to people living between islands in the Kochi agglomeration area and the city.
iii. The Water Metro project would be dedicated to the nation in four years.
Chief Minister of Kerala: Pinarayi Vijayan
2. FOUNDATION STONE LAID FOR MSME TECHNOLOGY CENTER IN VISAKHAPATNAM
i. Andhra Pradesh CM N Chandrababu Naidu has laid the foundation stone for a Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises technology centre.
ii. The foundation is laid under Technology Centre Systems Programme at Pudi in Visakhapatnam .
iii. Its main focus is to support industries, specially on MSMEsby providing advanced manufacturing technologies, skilling manpower and support to entrepreneurs.
iv. The programme is funded by the World Bank and the government of India.
3. A THREE DAY MEETING BETWEEN BSF & BORDER GUARD BANGLADESH BEGINS IN AGARTALA
i. A three-day meeting between Border Security Force and Border Guard Bangladesh has started in Agartala.
ii. It is started to sort out problems along the border.
4. MOTORCYCLE RALLY ‘RIDE FOR ACCESSIBILITY’ STARTED IN DELHI
i. A motorcycle rally named Ride for Accessibility was organized in the national capital Delhi.
ii. It is started to empower differently abled persons, Divyangs.
iii. Accessible India Campaign also known as Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan is aimed at creating universal accessibility in built environment, public transportation and Information and Communication Technology eco-system for Divyangs.
5. MAHARASHTRA CM LAUNCHES PILOT PROJECT OF E-COMPLAINT SYSTEM
i. Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis has launched a pilot project of e-complaint system in Pune.
ii. Citizens can now register a police complaint online at any city police station from anywhere.
iv. A new SMS gateway has been launched wherein people get an acknowledgment of the FIR on the phone through a system generated SMS
6. NEERAJ CHOPRA BECOMES 1ST INDIAN TO SET WORLD RECORD IN JR ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIP
i. India’s Neeraj Chopra has grabbed the javelin gold at the IAAF World under-20 athletics championship in Poland.
ii. He set a new world record of 86.48m.
iii. Now he became first Indian Junior athlete to create a World Record in Poland.
iv. He had also won the gold at the South Asian Games in Guwahati .
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE STATE GOVERNMENT WHO IS GOING TO LAUNCH FIRST EVER “WATER METRO PROJECT” OF INDIA?
a. Tamil Nadu
2. WITH WHICH BANK “KOCHI METRO RAIL LIMITED” SIGNED AN AGREEMENT FOR WATER METRO project?
a. German Development Bank
b. World Development Bank
c. Asian Development Bank
d. New Development Bank
3. FIRST GREEN RAIL CORRIDOR OPENS IN WHICH ROUTE OF RAILWAYS?
a. New-Delhi –Surat
c. Rameswaram-Mana Madurai
d. None of the above
4. NAME THE CHAIRMAN OF NATIONAL STOCK EXCHANGE?
a. Mohandas Pai
b. Naveed Massud
c. SB Mathur
d. D. Ashok Chawala
5. “GERMAN DEVELOPMENT BANK” HEADQUARTERED AT ?
6. IN WHICH FIELD THE FAMOUS ATHLETE “NEERAJ CHOPRA” SET A WORLD RECORD AT IAAF WORLD UNDER 20 ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIP?
a. Discuss throw
c. Javelin throw
d. None of these
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN