DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 24 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. KERALA GOVERNMENT LAUNCHES FIRST EVER WATER METRO PROJECT IN THE COUNTRY
i. Kerala Government has launched Kochi Water Metro project and became the first ever Water Metro project of the country.
ii. The project aims to provide water connectivity to people living between islands in the Kochi agglomeration area and the city.
iii. The Water Metro project would be dedicated to the nation in four years.
Chief Minister of Kerala: Pinarayi Vijayan
2. FOUNDATION STONE LAID FOR MSME TECHNOLOGY CENTER IN VISAKHAPATNAM
i. Andhra Pradesh CM N Chandrababu Naidu has laid the foundation stone for a Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises technology centre.
ii. The foundation is laid under Technology Centre Systems Programme at Pudi in Visakhapatnam .
iii. Its main focus is to support industries, specially on MSMEsby providing advanced manufacturing technologies, skilling manpower and support to entrepreneurs.
iv. The programme is funded by the World Bank and the government of India.
3. A THREE DAY MEETING BETWEEN BSF & BORDER GUARD BANGLADESH BEGINS IN AGARTALA
i. A three-day meeting between Border Security Force and Border Guard Bangladesh has started in Agartala.
ii. It is started to sort out problems along the border.
4. MOTORCYCLE RALLY ‘RIDE FOR ACCESSIBILITY’ STARTED IN DELHI
i. A motorcycle rally named Ride for Accessibility was organized in the national capital Delhi.
ii. It is started to empower differently abled persons, Divyangs.
iii. Accessible India Campaign also known as Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan is aimed at creating universal accessibility in built environment, public transportation and Information and Communication Technology eco-system for Divyangs.
5. MAHARASHTRA CM LAUNCHES PILOT PROJECT OF E-COMPLAINT SYSTEM
i. Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis has launched a pilot project of e-complaint system in Pune.
ii. Citizens can now register a police complaint online at any city police station from anywhere.
iv. A new SMS gateway has been launched wherein people get an acknowledgment of the FIR on the phone through a system generated SMS
6. NEERAJ CHOPRA BECOMES 1ST INDIAN TO SET WORLD RECORD IN JR ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIP
i. India’s Neeraj Chopra has grabbed the javelin gold at the IAAF World under-20 athletics championship in Poland.
ii. He set a new world record of 86.48m.
iii. Now he became first Indian Junior athlete to create a World Record in Poland.
iv. He had also won the gold at the South Asian Games in Guwahati .
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE STATE GOVERNMENT WHO IS GOING TO LAUNCH FIRST EVER “WATER METRO PROJECT” OF INDIA?
a. Tamil Nadu
2. WITH WHICH BANK “KOCHI METRO RAIL LIMITED” SIGNED AN AGREEMENT FOR WATER METRO project?
a. German Development Bank
b. World Development Bank
c. Asian Development Bank
d. New Development Bank
3. FIRST GREEN RAIL CORRIDOR OPENS IN WHICH ROUTE OF RAILWAYS?
a. New-Delhi –Surat
c. Rameswaram-Mana Madurai
d. None of the above
4. NAME THE CHAIRMAN OF NATIONAL STOCK EXCHANGE?
a. Mohandas Pai
b. Naveed Massud
c. SB Mathur
d. D. Ashok Chawala
5. “GERMAN DEVELOPMENT BANK” HEADQUARTERED AT ?
6. IN WHICH FIELD THE FAMOUS ATHLETE “NEERAJ CHOPRA” SET A WORLD RECORD AT IAAF WORLD UNDER 20 ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIP?
a. Discuss throw
c. Javelin throw
d. None of these