Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 JULY 2016
Tuesday, July 26, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIA MAKES THE FIRST CONTRIBUTION TO UN TRUST FUND
i. India has contributed USD 100,000 to a trust fund set up for victims of sexual exploitation and abuse by peacekeepers.
ii.The fund was established to seek funds to support services for victims and address gaps in services.
iii. This is the first contribution to the Trust Fund the Secretariat has received.
2. STARTUP INDIA STATES CONFERENCE HAS HELD IN NEW DELH
i. The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion has organized a conference on Startup India in New Delhi today with an aim to give importance to start up India initiative.
ii. During this conference, all states have discussed the progress and policies they have made on the Startup India initiative.
3. ICICI BANK ORGANISES COIN EXCHANGE MELA DURING THE 'RATHA YATRA' FESTIVAL IN PURI
i. ICICI Bank Ltd has organised a coin exchange mela during the 'Rath Yatra' festival at the RBI financial literacy camp in Bholanath Vidyapith.
ii. The Bank periodically organises exchange melas to offer free facility of exchanging acceptable soiled and mutilated currency notes with fresh currency and coins to the general public.
4. GANESH SINGH APPOINTED AS HEAD OF JPC FOR LAND ACQUISITION BILL
i. Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan has reformed the Joint Parliamentary Committee for Land Acquisition Bill.
ii. Ganesh Singh has been appointed as the Chairperson of the Joint Committee of Parliament .
iii. Mr. Ganesh Singh replaced S S Ahluwalia who became Minister of the State for Parliamentary Affairs in reshuffle of the council of ministers.
5. KENI HARRISON BREAKS 28-YEAR-OLD WORLD HURDLES
i. American hurdler, Keni Harrison broke a 28-year-old world record in the 100m hurdles by completing in 12.20 seconds at the London Anniversary Games.
ii. She beat the previous record of 12.21sec set by Bulgaria's Yordanka Donkova in 1988.
6. VIRAT KOHLI BECOMES FIRST INDIAN CAPTAIN TO SCORE DOUBLE CENTURY OUTSIDE INDIA
i. India test team captain Virat Kohli has become the first Indian captain to score a double century outside India.
ii. He scored 200 runs against West Indies on day two of the first Test at the Sir Vivian Richards stadium in North Sound.
iii. He is the fifth Indian captain to score a double century in a Test match after Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi , Sunil Gavaskar, Sachin Tendulkar and MS Dhoni .
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “COIN EXCHANGE MELA” IS ORGANIZED BY WHICH BANK?
d. All of the above
2. WHO IS APPOINTED AS CHAIRPERSON OF JOINT PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEE FOR LAND ACQUISITION BILL?
a. Ganesh Singh
b. Madhav Singh
c. Harish Singh
d. None of these
3. THE FAMOUS ATHLETE “KERRI HARRISON” BELONGS TO WHICH COUNTRY?
4. NAME THE SPEAKER OF LOK SABHA?
a. Sumitra Singh
b. Kioran Singh
c. Alka Nanda
d. Sumitra Mahajan
5. SHAMROA VITHAL CO-OPERATIVE BANK HEADQUARTERED AT WHICH CITY OF INDIA?
c. New Delhi
1. C 2. A 3.B 4.D 5.C
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25,26 OCTOBER 1. Which country formally begun the process of withdrawing from the International Criminal...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –23,24 OCTOBER 1. Which city recently bestowed honorary citizenship on Dalai Lama? a) Venice b)...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN