DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIA MAKES THE FIRST CONTRIBUTION TO UN TRUST FUND
i. India has contributed USD 100,000 to a trust fund set up for victims of sexual exploitation and abuse by peacekeepers.
ii.The fund was established to seek funds to support services for victims and address gaps in services.
iii. This is the first contribution to the Trust Fund the Secretariat has received.
2. STARTUP INDIA STATES CONFERENCE HAS HELD IN NEW DELH
i. The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion has organized a conference on Startup India in New Delhi today with an aim to give importance to start up India initiative.
ii. During this conference, all states have discussed the progress and policies they have made on the Startup India initiative.
3. ICICI BANK ORGANISES COIN EXCHANGE MELA DURING THE 'RATHA YATRA' FESTIVAL IN PURI
i. ICICI Bank Ltd has organised a coin exchange mela during the 'Rath Yatra' festival at the RBI financial literacy camp in Bholanath Vidyapith.
ii. The Bank periodically organises exchange melas to offer free facility of exchanging acceptable soiled and mutilated currency notes with fresh currency and coins to the general public.
4. GANESH SINGH APPOINTED AS HEAD OF JPC FOR LAND ACQUISITION BILL
i. Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan has reformed the Joint Parliamentary Committee for Land Acquisition Bill.
ii. Ganesh Singh has been appointed as the Chairperson of the Joint Committee of Parliament .
iii. Mr. Ganesh Singh replaced S S Ahluwalia who became Minister of the State for Parliamentary Affairs in reshuffle of the council of ministers.
5. KENI HARRISON BREAKS 28-YEAR-OLD WORLD HURDLES
i. American hurdler, Keni Harrison broke a 28-year-old world record in the 100m hurdles by completing in 12.20 seconds at the London Anniversary Games.
ii. She beat the previous record of 12.21sec set by Bulgaria's Yordanka Donkova in 1988.
6. VIRAT KOHLI BECOMES FIRST INDIAN CAPTAIN TO SCORE DOUBLE CENTURY OUTSIDE INDIA
i. India test team captain Virat Kohli has become the first Indian captain to score a double century outside India.
ii. He scored 200 runs against West Indies on day two of the first Test at the Sir Vivian Richards stadium in North Sound.
iii. He is the fifth Indian captain to score a double century in a Test match after Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi , Sunil Gavaskar, Sachin Tendulkar and MS Dhoni .
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “COIN EXCHANGE MELA” IS ORGANIZED BY WHICH BANK?
d. All of the above
2. WHO IS APPOINTED AS CHAIRPERSON OF JOINT PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEE FOR LAND ACQUISITION BILL?
a. Ganesh Singh
b. Madhav Singh
c. Harish Singh
d. None of these
3. THE FAMOUS ATHLETE “KERRI HARRISON” BELONGS TO WHICH COUNTRY?
4. NAME THE SPEAKER OF LOK SABHA?
a. Sumitra Singh
b. Kioran Singh
c. Alka Nanda
d. Sumitra Mahajan
5. SHAMROA VITHAL CO-OPERATIVE BANK HEADQUARTERED AT WHICH CITY OF INDIA?
c. New Delhi
1. C 2. A 3.B 4.D 5.C