DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. MHA SETS UP T V S N PRASAD COMMITTEE TO EXPLORE POSSIBLE ALTERNATIVES TO PELLET GUNS IN KASHMIR
i. The Union Ministry of Home Affairs has setup a seven-member expert committee for exploring the other possible alternatives to pellet guns as non-lethal weapons.
ii. The Committee will be headed by T V S N Prasad, Joint Secretary in the MHA.
iii. Pellet guns have been categorised as non-lethal weapon.
iv. In these guns pellets are loaded with lead balls and once fired disperse into huge numbers.
v. They may not kill the person they hit, but penetrates skin tissue and cause serious injuries.
2. UNION GOVERNMENT ISSUES NOTIFICATION FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF 7TH PAY COMMISSION
i. The Union Government has issued notification for the implementation of 7th Pay Commission.
ii. It was issued as per the Cabinet approval in June 2016.
iii. Union Government has given CBSE chief Rajesh Kumar Chaturvedi an additional charge of Chief of the implementation cell of the Seventh Central Pay Commission.
iv. The 7th Pay Commission headed by Justice AK Mathur had recommended 14.27 per cent hike in basic pay at junior levels in November 2015.
3. CHINA UNVEILS WORLD'S LARGEST AMPHIBIOUS AIRCRAFT
i. China has unveiled AG600, the world's largest aircraft .
ii. It can land on both water and land and used to fight forest fires and perform marine rescues.
iii. The aircraft is around the size of a Boeing 737 - far larger than any other amphibious plane.
iv. It can collect 12 tonnes of water in 20 seconds during emergencies.
4. RS 2,048 CRORE SANCTIONED UNDER 'SWADESH DARSHAN' SCHEME
i. The Ministry of Tourism has sanctioned 25 projects under the Swadesh Darshan scheme worth Rs. 2048 Crore.
ii. Swadesh darshan scheme is launched in January 2015.
iii. The Swadesh Darshan Scheme is started with an aim to develop theme based tourist circuits in the country.
5. SOLAR POWER TREE DEVELOPED FOR THE GENERATION OF ELECTRICITY
i. The Ministry of Science and Technology has invented a 'Solar Power Tree', .
ii. It is an innovative way to generate electricity using solar power in a limited space.
iii. The Solar Power Tree model is designed like a tree with branches made of steel to hold the photovoltaic panel.
6. RBI IMPOSES A PENALTY OF RS. 5 CR. ON BANK OF BARODA
i. The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a penalty of Rupees five crore on Bank of Baroda.
ii. The Fine is imposed due to 6,000 crore forex related irregularities.
ii. The RBI in investigation found failures in the bank's internal control process including transaction monitoring, and assigning of Unique Customer Identification Code.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE “NON-LETHAL” WEAPON WHICH IS RECENTLY BEING USED IN KASHMIR AGITATION?
a. Pellet Gun
b. Nallet Gun
c. Nano Gun
d. Acess Gun
2. WHEN IS THE “KARGIL VIJAY DIWAS” IS CELEBRATED IN INDIA?
a. 25th July
b. 26th July
c. 21st July
d. 22nd July
3. WHEN IS THE “SWADESH DARSHAN SCHEME” IS LAUNCHED BY UNION GOVERNMENT?
a. January 2016
b. February 2016
c. February 2015
d. January 2015
4. NAME THE BANKS ON WHICH RBI IMPOSED PENALTY FOR “FOREX RELATED IRRUGULARITES”?
a. HDFC, ICICI, SBI
b. HDFC, Kotak Mahindra, Bank of Baroda
c. Bank of Baroda, HDFC, Punjab National Bank
d. HDFC, Bank of Baroda, Punjab National Bank
5. WHERE ARE THE HEADQUARTERS OF PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK OF LOCATED?
a. New Delhi
1. A 2. B 3. D 4. D 5. A