Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 JULY 2016
Thursday, July 28, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. MHA SETS UP T V S N PRASAD COMMITTEE TO EXPLORE POSSIBLE ALTERNATIVES TO PELLET GUNS IN KASHMIR
i. The Union Ministry of Home Affairs has setup a seven-member expert committee for exploring the other possible alternatives to pellet guns as non-lethal weapons.
ii. The Committee will be headed by T V S N Prasad, Joint Secretary in the MHA.
iii. Pellet guns have been categorised as non-lethal weapon.
iv. In these guns pellets are loaded with lead balls and once fired disperse into huge numbers.
v. They may not kill the person they hit, but penetrates skin tissue and cause serious injuries.
2. UNION GOVERNMENT ISSUES NOTIFICATION FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF 7TH PAY COMMISSION
i. The Union Government has issued notification for the implementation of 7th Pay Commission.
ii. It was issued as per the Cabinet approval in June 2016.
iii. Union Government has given CBSE chief Rajesh Kumar Chaturvedi an additional charge of Chief of the implementation cell of the Seventh Central Pay Commission.
iv. The 7th Pay Commission headed by Justice AK Mathur had recommended 14.27 per cent hike in basic pay at junior levels in November 2015.
3. CHINA UNVEILS WORLD'S LARGEST AMPHIBIOUS AIRCRAFT
i. China has unveiled AG600, the world's largest aircraft .
ii. It can land on both water and land and used to fight forest fires and perform marine rescues.
iii. The aircraft is around the size of a Boeing 737 - far larger than any other amphibious plane.
iv. It can collect 12 tonnes of water in 20 seconds during emergencies.
4. RS 2,048 CRORE SANCTIONED UNDER 'SWADESH DARSHAN' SCHEME
i. The Ministry of Tourism has sanctioned 25 projects under the Swadesh Darshan scheme worth Rs. 2048 Crore.
ii. Swadesh darshan scheme is launched in January 2015.
iii. The Swadesh Darshan Scheme is started with an aim to develop theme based tourist circuits in the country.
5. SOLAR POWER TREE DEVELOPED FOR THE GENERATION OF ELECTRICITY
i. The Ministry of Science and Technology has invented a 'Solar Power Tree', .
ii. It is an innovative way to generate electricity using solar power in a limited space.
iii. The Solar Power Tree model is designed like a tree with branches made of steel to hold the photovoltaic panel.
6. RBI IMPOSES A PENALTY OF RS. 5 CR. ON BANK OF BARODA
i. The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a penalty of Rupees five crore on Bank of Baroda.
ii. The Fine is imposed due to 6,000 crore forex related irregularities.
ii. The RBI in investigation found failures in the bank's internal control process including transaction monitoring, and assigning of Unique Customer Identification Code.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE “NON-LETHAL” WEAPON WHICH IS RECENTLY BEING USED IN KASHMIR AGITATION?
a. Pellet Gun
b. Nallet Gun
c. Nano Gun
d. Acess Gun
2. WHEN IS THE “KARGIL VIJAY DIWAS” IS CELEBRATED IN INDIA?
a. 25th July
b. 26th July
c. 21st July
d. 22nd July
3. WHEN IS THE “SWADESH DARSHAN SCHEME” IS LAUNCHED BY UNION GOVERNMENT?
a. January 2016
b. February 2016
c. February 2015
d. January 2015
4. NAME THE BANKS ON WHICH RBI IMPOSED PENALTY FOR “FOREX RELATED IRRUGULARITES”?
a. HDFC, ICICI, SBI
b. HDFC, Kotak Mahindra, Bank of Baroda
c. Bank of Baroda, HDFC, Punjab National Bank
d. HDFC, Bank of Baroda, Punjab National Bank
5. WHERE ARE THE HEADQUARTERS OF PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK OF LOCATED?
a. New Delhi
1. A 2. B 3. D 4. D 5. A
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN