Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 27 JULY 2016
Friday, July 29, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 27 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. ABDUL KALAM’S STATUE UNVEILED IN RAMESWARAM
i. Union Ministers Venkaiah Naidu and Manohar Parrikar unveiled a statue of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam at Peikarumbu.
ii. It is formed to mark his first death anniversary.
iii. Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen "A. P. J." Abdul Kalam was the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007.
2. MANIPUR BECOMES FOURTEENTH STATE TO JOIN ‘UDAY’
i. Manipur has joined the Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana known as UDAY scheme meant for revival of debt-stressed power distribution utilities .
ii. Manipur is the 14th state to join the UDAY.
iii. It is also the first North Eastern state to adopt for the UDAY for improving the efficiency of the DISCOM.
3. RBI SLAPS PENALTY ON ALLAHABAD BANK, UCO BANK, BANK OF INDIA AND CANARA BANK
i. RBI has imposed penalty of Rs 2 crore each on Allahabad Bank and UCO Bank and Rs 1 crore on Bank of India for violation of anti-money laundering norms.
ii. The Reserve Bank of India has imposed an penalty of Rs. 2 crore on Canara Bank.
iii. Earliee RBI had imposed penalties of Rs 5 crore and Rs 3 crore on Bank of Baroda and Punjab National Bank.
4. LOK SABHA PASSES CHILD LABOUR AMENDMENT BILL
i. The Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Amendment Bill was passed by Lok Sabha.
ii. The bill will prohibits employment of children below 14 years in all occupations except in family business.
iii. The penalty for employing a child has been hiked up to imprisonment between 6 months and two years or a fine of Rs 20,000 to Rs 50,000 or both.
5. BRAZIL DECLARED FREE FROM MEASLES BY WHO
i. The World Health Organisation has declared Brazil free of measles
ii. Brazil saw no domestic cases of measles from 1985 to 2000.
iii. But it broke out in 2013 in the northeastern states of Pernambuco and Ceara.
iv. The WHO will issue a certification for the eradication of measles to Brazil.
v. Measles can be transmitted orally, through mucus or saliva and mainly affects children.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE STATE WHICH HAS BECOME 14TH MEMBER TO JOIN “UDAY SCHEME”?
d. Arunachal Pradesh
2. WHO IS THE CEO OF UCO BANK?
a. Sushil Muhnot
b. Mahesh Sharma
c. Ravi Krishan Takka
d. None of these
3. RBI SLAPPED PENALTY FOR VIOLATING ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING NORMS ON HOW MANY BANKS?
4. WHICH STATE OF INDIA IS GOING TO OPEN “YOGA CENTRES” AT MUNICIPAL LEVEL?
a. Himachal Pradesh
d. West Bengal
5. WHICH IS THE CAPITAL OF BRAZIL?
b. Rio De Jeneiro
d. None of these
1) A 2) C 3) D 4) B 5) A
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. BANK DEPOSITS WITH RBI HIT RECORD HIGH AFTE...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25 NOVEMBER 1. Who will be the Chief Guest at the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas? a) Antonio Costa b) Mich...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN