Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 JULY 2016
Friday, July 29, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. CENTRE GOVERNMENT APPROVES RS. 1600 CRORE FOR SKILL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
i. The Union Government has approved fund of 1600 crore rupees for Jammu and Kashmir under skill development programme 'Himayat'.
ii. Under this programme the youth from both rural and urban areas of J&K would be imparted with training in various job-intensive vocational courses.
iii. Himayat programme will provide skill training for youth.
iv.It aims to train 100000 youth in 5 years and provide at least 75% of them with jobs.
2. BEZWADA WILSON AND T.M. KRISHNA WON RAMON MAGSAYSAY AWARD
i. Classical singer Thodur Madabusi Krishna and Bezwada Wilson won Ramon Magsaysay Award 2016.
ii. The Ramon Magsaysay Award is an annual award established the memory of former Philippine President Ramon Magsaysay's.
3. IOM BECOMES PART OF UNITED NATIONS
i. The UN General Assembly has adopted a resolution approving an agreement to make the International Organisation for Migration part of the UN as a related organisation.
ii. IOM is an intergovernmental organisation is founded in the wake of the World War II to resettle refugees from Europe.
Headquarters of the United Nations: Manhattan, New York City
4. INDIA'S CSIR RANKED WORLD'S 12TH BEST GOVERNMENT INSTITUTE
i. The Council of Scientific Industrial Research has been ranked world's 12th best government institution.
ii. The institutes were ranked by a prestigious Scimago Institutions Rankings that ranks institutes based on the research performance, innovation and social impact.
iii. France's National Centre for Scientific Research was ranked first followed by Chinese Academy of Science, China.
5. MUTTAIAH MURALITHARAN TO ENTER ICC HALL OF FAME
i. Muttaiah Muralitharan will be the first Sri Lankan to be included in the ICC's Hall of Fame.
ii. Australia's Arthur Morris, Karen Rolton and George Lohmann of England are the three along with Muralitharan to share the honours.
6. UNION GOVERNMENT ISSUES NOTIFICATION FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF 7TH PAY COMMISSION
i. The Union Government has issued notification for the implementation of 7th Pay Commission.
ii. Union Government has given CBSE chief Rajesh Kumar Chaturvedi an additional charge of Chief of the implementation cell of the Seventh Central Pay Commission.
iii. The 7th Pay Commission headed by Justice AK Mathur had recommended 14.27 per cent hike in basic pay at junior levels.
7. BCCI CHIEF ANURAG THAKUR TO JOIN TERRITORIAL ARMY
i. BJP MP and Anurag Thakur will be commissioned into the Territorial Army as a regular officer
ii. He cleared the exam of territorial army and cleared a personal interview.
iii. He will be the first serving BJP MP to join the military force.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE SKILL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM FOR WHICH CENTRAL GOVERNMENT APPROVES RS.1601 CRORE TO JAMMU & KASHMIR?
2. THE “RAMON MAGASAYSAY AWARD” FOUNDATION IS SITUATED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES?
3. THE HEADQUARTERS OF INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MIGRATION IS SITUATED AT _________________.
B. New york, usa
C. Geneva, switzerland
D. New delhi, india
4. THE RANK OF SCIENTIFIC INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH OF A COUNTRY IS DECIDED BY WHICH ORGANIZATION?
A. Scimago institutions
B. Csir institutions
C. Ncsr institutions
D. None of these
5. NAME THE NOTABLE COMMANDER OF TERRITORIAL ARMY?
A. Dalbeer Singh
B. Gursharn singh
C. Gd bakshi
D. Deepak rao
1) C 2) A 3) C 4) A 5) D
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25 NOVEMBER 1. Who will be the Chief Guest at the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas? a) Antonio Costa b) Mich...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –26 NOVEMBER 1. India in recent past signed an agreement with which international agency to accept digital...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 23 RD NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. PORTUGUESE PRIME MINISTER TO BE THE CHIEF ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN