Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 JULY 2016
Saturday, July 30, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. WORLD HEPATITIS DAY OBSERVED ON 28TH JULY
i. World Hepatitis Day is observed on 28th july to raise global awareness about hepatitis and to encourage prevention of disease.
ii. Theme of the day is global campaign is ‘Elimination’.
iii. The main aim of the day is to eliminate hepatitis as a public health threat by 2030.
2. UNION CABINET INCREASES LIMIT FOR FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN STOCK EXCHANGES FROM 5% TO 15%
i. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for raising foreign shareholding limit from current 5% to 15% in Indian Stock Exchanges.
ii. The increased limit is for a stock exchange, insurance company depository, banking company and commodity derivative exchange.
iii. The Union Cabinet also gave its approval for foreign portfolio investors to acquire shares through initial allotment in the stock exchanges.
3. UNION CABINET APPROVES SETTING UP OF NEW AIIMS IN BHATINDA
i. The Union Cabinet has approved the establishment of a new AIIMS at Bhatinda in Punjab under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana .
ii. The new AIIMS at Bhatinda will provide super specialty health care to the population while creating a large pool of doctors and other health workers in this region.
4. EAST BENGAL TO HONOUR MILKHA SINGH WITH BHARAT GAURAV AWARD
i. Kolkata's football giants club East Bengal has announced that this year’s Bharat Gaurav award known as Pride of India will be conferred to athlete Milkha Singh.
ii. He will be honoured with the prestigious award on the East Bengal Foundation Day on 1st of August.
5. THE EUROPEAN UNION APPOINTS CHIEF BREXIT NEGOTIATOR
i. European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has appointed Michel Barnier for internal markets to lead negotiations with Britain to leave the European Union.
ii. Michel Barnier is a French Union for a Popular Movement politician and Vice President of the European People's Party.
6. INTERNATIONAL TIGER DAY OBSERVED ON 29 TH JULY
i. International Tiger Day was observed on 29 July to give worldwide attention to the reservation of tigers.
ii. The goal of the day is to promote a global system for protecting the natural habitats of tigers and to raise public awareness and support for tiger conservation issues.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHAT IS THE THEME OF “WORLD HEPATITIS DAY” 2016?
b. Hepatitis Free
2. WHAT IS THE NEW LIMIT OF FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN STOCK EXCHANGE SET BY UNION CABINET?
3. “INTERNATIONAL TRANSGENDER ARTS FESTIVAL” IS GOING TO BE ORGANIZED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWINGS CITIES OF INDIA?
4. BHARAT GAURAV AWARD WILL BE GIVEN TO WHICH OF THE LEGENDARY SPORTS PERSONS?
a. Milkha Singh
b. Saurav Ganguly
c. Sunil Gavaskar
d. PT Usha
5. WHEN “WORLD HEPATITIS DAY” IS BEING OBSERVED?
a. 29th July
b. 28th July
c. 26th July
d. 27th July
1. A 2. D 3. B 4. A 5. B
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN