Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 JULY 2016
Saturday, July 30, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. UNITED NATIONS WORLD DAY AGAINST TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS 2016 OBSERVED ON 30TH JULY
i. The United Nations World Day against Trafficking in Persons 2016 was observed across the world on 30 July .
ii. The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime launched the campaign ‘igivehope to show victims of human trafficking’
iii. The day aims at raising awareness of the plight of human trafficking victims, and promoting and protecting their rights.
2. FIRST BRICS EMPLOYMENT WORKING GROUP MEETING HELD IN HYDERABAD
i. The first-ever meeting of BRICS Employment Working Group was held in Hyderabad, Telangana from July 27 to 28, 2016.
ii. The main of the meeting was to shape the agenda for labour and employment track in BRICS countries.
iii. The meeting set the agenda to promote decent work and promote job creation between BRICS countries.
3. INTERNATIONAL DAY OF FRIENDSHIP 2016 OBSERVED ON 30TH GLOBALLY
i. The International Day of Friendship was on 30 July 2016 observed across the world.
ii. The main aim of the day is to encourages governments, international organizations and civil society groups to promote the efforts of the international community towards promoting a dialogue among civilizations, solidarity, mutual understanding and reconciliation.
iii. The International Day of Friendship was started with the idea that friendship between peoples, countries, cultures and individuals can inspire peace efforts and build bridges between communities.
4. UNION GOVERNMENT FORMS 'DISHA' FOR TIMELY IMPLEMENTATION OF CENTRAL SCHEMES
i. Union Government announced the formation of District Development Coordination and Monitoring Committee that will be known as ‘Disha’.
ii. Disha was created for effective development and coordination of Central Government's programme.
iii. It will monitor the implementation of 28 schemes and programmes of Ministry of Rural Development and other Ministries to promote synergy and convergence for greater impact.
5. JAMES ALAN MCPHERSON, FIRST BLACK WRITER TO WIN PULITZER PRIZE IN FICTION, DIES
i. American author James Alan McPherson passed away in Iowa City, U.S.
ii. McPherson was the first black author to receive the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 1978.
iii. He won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction for his short story collection Elbow Room, becoming the first African-American to win the Pulitzer for fiction.
6. HARYANA GOVERNMENT LAUNCHES PASHUDHAN BIMA YOJANA
i. Haryana Government has launched Pashudhan Bima Yojana, an insurance cover scheme for cattle breeders in the state.
ii. It was launched by Haryana Animal Husbandry and Dairying Minister, O. P. Dhankar in Jhajjar.
iii. Pashudhan Bima Yojana will provide insurance cover to cattle breeders in the state at different premium rates for different animals.
iv. Insurance cover will be provided at a premium of Rs 100 for cows, buffaloes, bulls, camels and at Rs 25 for sheep, goat and pig for a period of three years
7. INDIA'S FIRST GREEN RAIL CORRIDOR LAUNCHED BETWEEN RAMESWARAM AND MANAMADURAI STRETCH
i. The 114-km long Rameswaram-Manamadurai stretch of Southern Railway in Tamil Nadu became India’s first Green Rail Corridor.
ii. This green corridor has following Features of Green Rail Corridor:
a. This corridor ensure zero toilet discharge on rail tracks.
b. Trains in the section are equipped with bio-toilets to ensure zero discharge of human waste on the rail tracks.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE AUTHOR OF THE SHORT STORY COLLECTION “ELBOW ROOM”?
a. Harper lee
b. Annie Besant
c. James Alan McPherson
d. None of these
2. WHICH COMMITTEE IS FORMED FOR MONITORING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF CENTRAL SCHEME?
3. “INTERNATIONAL DAY OF FRIENDSHIP” IS OBSERVED ON?
a. 31st July
b. 30th July
c. 28th July
d. 29th July
4.1ST BRICS EMPLOYMENT WORKING GROUP MEETING HELD AT WHICH CITY OF INDIA?
a. New Delhi
d. Gandhi Nagar
5. “UN WORLD DAY AGAINST TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS 2016” IS OBSERVED ON WHICH DAY OF JULY?
1) C 2) A 3) B 4) C 5) A
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN