Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 JULY 2016
Wednesday, July 6, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. SUDARSHAN SEN APPOINTED EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF RBI
I. Sudarshan Sen has been appointed as Executive Director of the Reserve Bank of India.
ii. He will replace NS Vishwanathan who was elevated as Deputy Governor of RBI.
iii.Sudarshan Sen will look after Department of Banking Regulation, Department of Co-operative Bank Regulation and Department of Non-Banking Regulation.
2. B SAI PRANEETH WON 2016 CANADA OPEN GRAND PRIX BADMINTON TITLE
i. Ace Indian shuttler B Sai Praneeth has won the 2016 Canada Open Grand Prix Badminton title in the men’s singles category.
ii.He defeated Lee Hyun II of South Korea.
iii. Indian pair Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy also grabbed the 2016 Canada Open Grand Prix Badminton title in the men’s doubles category.
3. INDIA’S FIRST COMMERCIAL COURT AND COMMERCIAL DISPUTES RESOLUTION CENTRE INAUGURATED IN CHATTISGARH
i.Chhattisgarh CM Dr. Raman Singh has inaugurated country's first commercial dispute resolution centre and a commercial court in the state capital.
ii. It is located in Naya Raipur area of the city.
iii. The court also consists of arbitration centre and a meditation centre.
4. RIMPAC 2016 - WORLD’S LARGEST INTERNATIONAL MARITIME EXERCISE STARTED
i. The multinational exercise Rim of the Pacific 2016 started in the Pacific Ocean at Hawaii, United States.
ii. RIMPAC 2016, the World’s largest international maritime exercise have included the participation of navies from 26 countries.
iii. This is the 25th edition of exercise started in 1971.
iii.Three new nations are participating for the first time Denmark, Germany, and Italy.
5. PM ATTENDS MARTYRDOM ANNIVERSARY OF BABA BANDA SINGH BAHADUR
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has attended a event to mark the 300th Martyrdom Anniversary of Baba Banda Singh Bahadur in New Delhi.
ii. Prime Minister Modi has released a book on the life of Banda Bahadur.
iii. Banda Singh Bahadur was born on 27 October 1670 in Jammu & Kashmir's Poonch district.
6. SBI GETS $625 MN FROM WORLD BANK FOR SOLAR POWER
i.State Bank of India and the World Bank have inked agreements for a $625 million facility to support grid-connected rooftop solar programme in the country.
ii. The fund will help in generating at least 400 megawatt solar capacity will be created across the country.
iii.The programme also aims at improving the investment climate for solar PV and increase the ‘ease of doing rooftop business’ through technical assistance.
7. INDIA TO HOST WORLD’S FIRST MMA LEAGUE
i. India will be hosting the world’s first Mixed Martial Arts ‘Super Fight League’ from August 26 to October 1.
ii. The league will feature eight teams – Delhi, Haryana, Bangalore, Uttar Pradesh, Mumbai, Punjab, Pune and Goa.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO HAS BEEN APPOINTED AS THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF RBI?
(a) NS Vishwanathan
(b) Suresh Parekar
(c) Sudarshan Sen
(d) Sumeet Reddy
2. B SAI PRANEETH WOW 2016 CANADA OPEN GRAND PRIX BADMINTON TITLE BY DEFEATING WHICH PLAYER?
(a) Lee Chong Wei
(b) Lin Dan
(c) Fu Haijeng
(d) Lee Hyun II
3. INDIA’S FIRST COMMERCIAL COURT AND COMMERCIAL DISPUTES RESOLUTION CENTRE HAS BEEN INAUGURATED IN WHICH STATE?
4. NAME THE COUNTERY WHICH PARTICIPATED IN RIMPAC 2016 FOR THE FIRST TIME?
5. BABA BANDA SINGH BAHADUR WHOSE MARTYRDOM ANNIVERSARY WAS ATTENDED BY PM BELONGS TO WHICH STATE?
(b) Jammu & Kashmir
6. WHICH COUNTRY WILL HOST WORLD’S FIRST MMA LEAGUE?
7. RECENTLY SBI HAS SIGNED AN AGREEMENT WITH WORLD BANK FOR HOW MUCH AMOUNT AND FOR WHICH PROJECT?
(a) $ 525 mn, solar pwer
(b) $625 mn, Hydro electric power
(c) $625 Mn, Solar power
(d) $750 mn, solar power
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN