Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 6 JULY 2016
Wednesday, July 6, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 6 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIA’S PRANEETH AND MANU-SUMEETH WIN CANADA OPEN TITLES
i. India is celebrating its double bonanza as India's badminton player B Sai Praneet has won the Canada Open Grand Prix Badminton tournament.
ii. It's Rio Olympics-bound men’s doubles pair of Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy have also grabbed titles at the Canada Open Grand Prix badminton tournament in Calgary.
iii. Manu and Sumeeth Redd became the first Indian men’s doubles pair to qualify for the Rio Games.
2. PARA SWIMMER NIRANJAN MUKUNDAN WON EIGHT MEDALS IN 2016 IWAS WORLD GAMES
i. Para swimmer Niranjan Mukundan has won eight medals International Wheelchair and Amputee Sports U-23 World Games held in Prague, Czech Republic.
ii. Niranjan bagged three gold, two silver and three bronze medals
3. WORLD'S LARGEST CHARKHA UNVEILED AT IGI AIRPORT, DELHI
i. World’s largest Charkha was unveiled at the Indira Gandhi International Airport New Delhi.
ii. The Charkha was installed at the departure forecourt of the terminal with a belief that it would help in carrying forward the legacy of promoting India’s rich cultural heritage through different artworks at the terminal.
4. ANNU RANI SETS NATIONAL RECORD AT NATIONAL INTER-STATE ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIPS
i. Javeline thrower Annu Rani has broken her own national record with a 59.87m throw at the 56th National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championships in Hyderabad.
ii. She improved her previous meet mark with her first round 59.06m at G.M.C. Balayogi Stadium.
5. JAWAHARLAL NEHRU PORT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST PORT TO IMPLEMENT LOGISTICS DATA TAGGING OF CONTAINERS
i. The Union Government has announced that Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust has become India's first port to imp\lement logistics data tagging of containers to track cargo.
ii. The logistics data bank tagging of containers, a first of its kind facility, will help importers and exporters track their goods in transit.
iii. A Radio Frequency Identification Tag would be attached to each container which would be tracked through RIFD readers installed at different locations.
6. SAUDI ARABIA BECOMES ASSOCIATE MEMBER OF ICC
i. Saudi Arabia was unanimously elected as the 39th Associate Member of International Cricket Council’s during its full council meeting in Edinburgh.
ii. The Saudi Cricket Centre has been an Affiliate Member of the ICC since 2003.
iii. The application for Associate Membership of had been pre-approved by the ICC development committee during its October 2015 meeting.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO WON CANADA GRAND PRIX BADMINTON TOURNAMENT TITLE IN MEN’S DOUBLE?
(a) Manu Attri and Praneeth
(b) Praneeth and Sumeeth
(c) Manu Attri and B Sumeet Reddy
(d) Lee Hyn II – Lee Yen
2. PARA SWIMMER WIRANJAN MUKUND WON EIGHT MEDALS IN 2016 IWAS WORLD GAMES IN WHICH ‘A’ STANDS FOR?
3. ANNU RANI BELONGS TO WHICH SPORT?
(a) Javeline throw
(b) Discus throw
(c) Weight lifting
4. WHICH PORT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST PORT TO IMPLEMENT LOGISTICS DATA TAGGING OF CONTAINER?
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Kandla Port
(c) Kochi Port
(d) Mumbai Port
5. WHICH COUNTRY BECOMES THE 39TH ASSOCIATE MEMBER OF ICC?
(c) Saudi Arabia
1. C 2. C 3. A 4. A 5. C
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –11,12 OCTOBER 1. Name the philanthropist and wife of Godrej group chairman Adi Godrej who passed away? ...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-6) POST GUPTA PERIOD · According to Harsha-Chari...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN