DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 6 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIA’S PRANEETH AND MANU-SUMEETH WIN CANADA OPEN TITLES
i. India is celebrating its double bonanza as India's badminton player B Sai Praneet has won the Canada Open Grand Prix Badminton tournament.
ii. It's Rio Olympics-bound men’s doubles pair of Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy have also grabbed titles at the Canada Open Grand Prix badminton tournament in Calgary.
iii. Manu and Sumeeth Redd became the first Indian men’s doubles pair to qualify for the Rio Games.
2. PARA SWIMMER NIRANJAN MUKUNDAN WON EIGHT MEDALS IN 2016 IWAS WORLD GAMES
i. Para swimmer Niranjan Mukundan has won eight medals International Wheelchair and Amputee Sports U-23 World Games held in Prague, Czech Republic.
ii. Niranjan bagged three gold, two silver and three bronze medals
3. WORLD'S LARGEST CHARKHA UNVEILED AT IGI AIRPORT, DELHI
i. World’s largest Charkha was unveiled at the Indira Gandhi International Airport New Delhi.
ii. The Charkha was installed at the departure forecourt of the terminal with a belief that it would help in carrying forward the legacy of promoting India’s rich cultural heritage through different artworks at the terminal.
4. ANNU RANI SETS NATIONAL RECORD AT NATIONAL INTER-STATE ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIPS
i. Javeline thrower Annu Rani has broken her own national record with a 59.87m throw at the 56th National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championships in Hyderabad.
ii. She improved her previous meet mark with her first round 59.06m at G.M.C. Balayogi Stadium.
5. JAWAHARLAL NEHRU PORT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST PORT TO IMPLEMENT LOGISTICS DATA TAGGING OF CONTAINERS
i. The Union Government has announced that Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust has become India's first port to imp\lement logistics data tagging of containers to track cargo.
ii. The logistics data bank tagging of containers, a first of its kind facility, will help importers and exporters track their goods in transit.
iii. A Radio Frequency Identification Tag would be attached to each container which would be tracked through RIFD readers installed at different locations.
6. SAUDI ARABIA BECOMES ASSOCIATE MEMBER OF ICC
i. Saudi Arabia was unanimously elected as the 39th Associate Member of International Cricket Council’s during its full council meeting in Edinburgh.
ii. The Saudi Cricket Centre has been an Affiliate Member of the ICC since 2003.
iii. The application for Associate Membership of had been pre-approved by the ICC development committee during its October 2015 meeting.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO WON CANADA GRAND PRIX BADMINTON TOURNAMENT TITLE IN MEN’S DOUBLE?
(a) Manu Attri and Praneeth
(b) Praneeth and Sumeeth
(c) Manu Attri and B Sumeet Reddy
(d) Lee Hyn II – Lee Yen
2. PARA SWIMMER WIRANJAN MUKUND WON EIGHT MEDALS IN 2016 IWAS WORLD GAMES IN WHICH ‘A’ STANDS FOR?
3. ANNU RANI BELONGS TO WHICH SPORT?
(a) Javeline throw
(b) Discus throw
(c) Weight lifting
4. WHICH PORT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST PORT TO IMPLEMENT LOGISTICS DATA TAGGING OF CONTAINER?
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Kandla Port
(c) Kochi Port
(d) Mumbai Port
5. WHICH COUNTRY BECOMES THE 39TH ASSOCIATE MEMBER OF ICC?
(c) Saudi Arabia
1. C 2. C 3. A 4. A 5. C