Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 7 JULY 2016
Thursday, July 7, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 7 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. TRAI LAUNCHES AN APP TO TRACK MOBILE DATA SPEED
i. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India is going to improve ‘quality of service’ rules for mobile data, including the average data speed for operators.
ii. It also launched a mobile app named TRAI Myspeed App for measuring real-time internet speeds that consumers get.
iii. The application will show mobile data speed of each operator in a given area on real time basis.
2. PRESIDENT OF INDIA INAUGURATES SWAMI VIVEKANAND SABHAGAR
i. The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee has inaugurated Swami Vivekanand Sabhagar at Kathak Kendra of Sangeet Natak Akademi in New Delhi.
ii. He dedicated the Swami Vivekanand Sabhagar to all the gurus, students and disciples of Kathak.
3. RAJASTHAN BECOMES FIRST STATE TO INTRODUCE MINIMUM WAGES FOR PART-TIME WORKERS
i. Rajasthan has become the first state in the country to introduce minimum wages for part-time workers.
ii.Now it is mandatory to pay 50 per cent of the prescribed a day minimum wage to a person who works for less than four hours in a day.
4. WORLD FAMOUS RATH YATRA OF LORD JAGANNATH BEGINS
i. The world famous Rath Yatra or chariot festival of Lord Jagannath has begun today in Puri, Odisha.
ii. Rath Yatra marks is an annual celebration of the journey of Lord Jagannath.
iii. The celebration ends after nine days later with Bahuda Yatra or returns journey to their temple which will take place on the 14th of this month.
5. CABINET RESHUFFLED
i.The list of new portfolios of minsters:
a. Venkaiah Naidu: Ministry of Information & Broadcasting
b.Ananth Kumar: Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
c. Prakash Javdekar: Ministry of Human Resource Development
d.Ravi Shankar Prasad: Ministry of Law & Justice
e. Narendra Singh Tomar: Ministry of Rural Development
f. Ministry Smriti Zubin Irani: Ministry of Textiles Ministers of State
g. Vijay Goel: Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (Independent Charge)
h.Piyush Goyal: Ministry of Mines (Independent Charge)
i. Anil Madhav Dave: Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
j. Ramdas Athawale: Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
k. Rajen Gohain: Ministry of Railways
l. Jayant Sinha: Ministry of Civil Aviation
6. INDIA RANKS 91ST IN 2016 NETWORKED READINESS INDEX
i. India was placed at 91st position in the 2016 Networked Readiness Index.
ii.It measures countries’ success in creating the necessary conditions for a transition to a digitised economy and society.
iii.The list is topped by Singapore followed by Finland , Sweden, Norway, United States .
7. SBI LAUNCHES SBI MINGLE, A SOCIAL MEDIA BANKING PLATFORM
i. India’s largest lender State Bank of India recently had launched SBI Mingle, a social media banking platform for Facebook and Twitter users.
ii. The SBI Mingle will allow SBI’s customers to access various banking services via these social platforms.
iii.To avail services from this platform customers will have to register for it through a simple one time registration process using either their social account number or their ATM/Debit Card details.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHICH MOBILE APP IS LAUNCHED BY TRAI TO TRACK MOBILE DATA SPEED?
(a) My speed App
(b) Userspeed App
(c) Averagespeed App
(d) Qualityspeed App.
2. INDIA WAS RANKED AT 91ST POSITION IN NETWORK READINESS INDEX; IT WAS TOPPED BY WHICH COUNTRY?
3. NAME THE SOCIAL MEDIA BANKING PLATFORM APP LAUNCHED BY SBI?
4. WHO HAS BEEN APPOINTED AS MINISTER OF PARLIAMANTARY AFFAIRS?
(a) Venkaih Naudu
(b) Ananth Kumar
(c) Vijay Goel
(d) Jayant Sinha
5. WHICH STATE INTRODUCE MINIMUM WAGES FOR PART TIME WORKERS?
(c) Andhra Pradesh
1) A 2) A 3) C 4) B 5) A
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN