Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 9 JULY 2016
Saturday, July 9, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 9 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. BRICS DRUG CONTROL MEETING BEGINS IN NEW DELHI
i. The second anti-drug working group meeting of heads of anti-narcotics agencies of BRICS countries began in New Delhi.
ii. The is held to discuss issues related to narco-terrorism and money laundering.
iii. The one day meeting was inaugurated Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
2. UNION GOVERNMENT LAUNCHED NATIONAL GREEN HIGHWAYS MISSION
i. Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping Nitin Gadkari launched the National Green Highways Mission in New Delhi.
ii. Under this initiative, plantation drive on 1500 km of National Highways was launched at a cost of about 300 crore rupees.
iii. It was launched under the Green Highways Policy that was unveiled in September 2015 to actualize the vision of developing eco-friendly and green National Highways.
3. DIPA KARMAKAR NAMED WORLD CLASS GYMNAST BY INTERNATIONAL GYMNASTICS FEDERATION
i. Indian gymnast Dipa Karmakar was named a ‘Gymnaste de Classe Mondaile’ by the International Gymnastics Federation .
ii. She became the first-ever Indian gymnast to receive the honour.
iii. She is an Indian artistic gymnast from Agartala, Tripura.
iv. She became the first female Indian gymnast ever to secure an Olympic berth by garnering a total score of 52.698 points.
4. NASSCOM UNVEILS INDIA’S FIRST CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE ON INTERNET OF THINGS
i. The National Association of Software and Services Companies unveiled India’s first Centre of Excellence focused on Internet of Things at its Startup Warehouse in Bengaluru.
ii. The centre was launched in a bid to encourage start-ups to come up with tech solutions centred on Internet of Things.
5. UNION CABINET APPROVES INTEREST SUBVENTION SCHEME FOR FARMERS
i. The Union Cabinet approved the Interest Subvention Scheme for farmers for the year 2016-17.
ii. The Government has assigned a sum of 18276 crore rupees for the purpose.
iii. The scheme will help farmers getting short term crop loan payable within one year up to 3 lakhs rupees at only 4% per annum.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO WAS NAMED AS THE WORLD’S FIRST CLASS GYMNAST BY INTERNATIONAL GYMNASTIC FEDERATION?
(a) Seema Punia
(b) Dipa Karmakar
(c) Vladmin Chertkov
(d) Rohit Jaiswal
2. RECENTLY, NATIONAL GREEN HIGHWAY MISSION WAS LAUNCHED, IT WAS LAUNCHED BY WHO?
(a) Nitin Gadkari
(b) Rajnath Singh
(c) Narendra Modi
(d) Ananth Singh
3. BRICS DRUG CONTROL MEETING WAS HELD IN WHICH COUNTRY?
(b) Brazil .
4. MASSCOM UNVEILED INDIA’S FIRST CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE WHIAT DOES ‘C’ STANDS FOR?
5. AT WHAT %AGE WILL THE FARMERS GET LOAN UNDER INTEREST SUBVENTION SCHEME?
1. (b) Dipa Karmakar
2. (a) Nitin Gadkari
3. (d) India
4. (a) Company
5. (a) 4%
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN