DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 9 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. BRICS DRUG CONTROL MEETING BEGINS IN NEW DELHI
i. The second anti-drug working group meeting of heads of anti-narcotics agencies of BRICS countries began in New Delhi.
ii. The is held to discuss issues related to narco-terrorism and money laundering.
iii. The one day meeting was inaugurated Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
2. UNION GOVERNMENT LAUNCHED NATIONAL GREEN HIGHWAYS MISSION
i. Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping Nitin Gadkari launched the National Green Highways Mission in New Delhi.
ii. Under this initiative, plantation drive on 1500 km of National Highways was launched at a cost of about 300 crore rupees.
iii. It was launched under the Green Highways Policy that was unveiled in September 2015 to actualize the vision of developing eco-friendly and green National Highways.
3. DIPA KARMAKAR NAMED WORLD CLASS GYMNAST BY INTERNATIONAL GYMNASTICS FEDERATION
i. Indian gymnast Dipa Karmakar was named a ‘Gymnaste de Classe Mondaile’ by the International Gymnastics Federation .
ii. She became the first-ever Indian gymnast to receive the honour.
iii. She is an Indian artistic gymnast from Agartala, Tripura.
iv. She became the first female Indian gymnast ever to secure an Olympic berth by garnering a total score of 52.698 points.
4. NASSCOM UNVEILS INDIA’S FIRST CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE ON INTERNET OF THINGS
i. The National Association of Software and Services Companies unveiled India’s first Centre of Excellence focused on Internet of Things at its Startup Warehouse in Bengaluru.
ii. The centre was launched in a bid to encourage start-ups to come up with tech solutions centred on Internet of Things.
5. UNION CABINET APPROVES INTEREST SUBVENTION SCHEME FOR FARMERS
i. The Union Cabinet approved the Interest Subvention Scheme for farmers for the year 2016-17.
ii. The Government has assigned a sum of 18276 crore rupees for the purpose.
iii. The scheme will help farmers getting short term crop loan payable within one year up to 3 lakhs rupees at only 4% per annum.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO WAS NAMED AS THE WORLD’S FIRST CLASS GYMNAST BY INTERNATIONAL GYMNASTIC FEDERATION?
(a) Seema Punia
(b) Dipa Karmakar
(c) Vladmin Chertkov
(d) Rohit Jaiswal
2. RECENTLY, NATIONAL GREEN HIGHWAY MISSION WAS LAUNCHED, IT WAS LAUNCHED BY WHO?
(a) Nitin Gadkari
(b) Rajnath Singh
(c) Narendra Modi
(d) Ananth Singh
3. BRICS DRUG CONTROL MEETING WAS HELD IN WHICH COUNTRY?
(b) Brazil .
4. MASSCOM UNVEILED INDIA’S FIRST CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE WHIAT DOES ‘C’ STANDS FOR?
5. AT WHAT %AGE WILL THE FARMERS GET LOAN UNDER INTEREST SUBVENTION SCHEME?
1. (b) Dipa Karmakar
2. (a) Nitin Gadkari
3. (d) India
4. (a) Company
5. (a) 4%