DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 10 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. PM LAUNCHES MISSION BHAGIRATHA AND LAYS FOUNDATION STONE OF KEY DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS IN TELANGANA
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Telangana government's ambitious Mission Bhagiratha at Komatibanda Village in Telangana.
ii. The objective of the scheme is to provide safe drinking water to all.
iii. The Prime Minister also laid the Foundation Stones for important development projects such as 1600 MW Thermal Power station of NTPC at Ramagundam
2. ODISHA GOVERNMENT LAUNCHES SPECIAL ASSISTANCE SCHEME FOR ELDERLY WEAVERS
i. The Odisha government launched a special assistance scheme named ‘Baristha Bunakar Sahayata Yojana’ for elderly weavers to mark the National Handlooms Day.
ii. The main aim of the scheme is to improve the financial condition of weavers
iii. The Baristha Bunakar Sahayata Yojana is for all senior weavers who are above the age of 60 years.
iv. Under this scheme all weavers who are above 60 years will get a monthly pension of 500 rupees, and those above 80 years would get 700 rupees.
3. UNION MINISTER PRAKASH JAVADEKAR INAUGURATES CHHATTISGARH’S FIRST IIT
i. Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar has inaugurated the Indian Institute of Technology Raipur at the Government Engineering College campus.
ii. The IIT will have its own campus by the time its first batch of students pass out.
4. OVER 1000 DANCING ROBOTS SET GUINNESS RECORD IN CHINA
i. A new Guinness World Record for the most robots dancing simultaneously has been set up by China.
ii. In the world record 1,007 robots participated and broke the earlier set up by china of previous record of 540 dancing robots.
5. PM NARENDRA MODI LAUNCHES YAAD KARO KURBANI CELEBRATIONS
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Yaad Karo Kurbani celebrations at birthplace of freedom fighter Chandra Shekhar Azad at Alirajpur in Madhya Pradesh.
ii. The Yaad Karo Kurbani is 15-day programme aimed to commemorate 75th anniversary of the Quit India Movement and 70 years of Independence.
iii. The 70 saal Azaadi, Yaad karo Qurbani campaign is aimed at developing a feeling in every person that nation is first and individual is secondary.
iv. It aims to provide an opportunity for the people to recall the supreme sacrifices made by freedom fighters during freedom struggle.
6. SYNDICATE BANK LAUNCHES NEW PRODUCTS
i. MD & CEO of Syndicate Bank Arun Shrivastava has launched new products to ease customer transactions.
ii. The first products launched by the bank was the fund transfer based on ‘Aadhaar Number through NUUP’, using an ordinary mobile phone without internet connection.
iii. The another product is ‘Fund Transfer through IMPS’ at any branch for instantaneous credit to any bank account.
7. GYMNAST DIPA KARMAKAR BECOMES FIRST INDIAN TO QUALIFY FOR VAULT FINALS
i. Indian Gymnast Dipa Karmakar created history by becoming the first Indian gymnast to enter the Olympic final at the Rio Olympic Centre.
ii. The 22-year-old qualified for the final round in the Individual vault final of artistic gymnastics after finishing eighth on the standings.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING DISTRICTS OF TELANGANA, PM LAUNCHES AN AMBITIOUS “MISSION BAHGIRATHI” TO PROVIDE SAFE DRINKING WATER TO ALL?
2. NAME THE CHIEF MINISTER OF ODISHA?
a. Naveen Patnaik
b. Nitish Kumar
c. Pinarji Desai
d. MK Virk
3. IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING CITIES OF CHATTISGARH , THE 1ST IIT COLLEGE HAS BEEN INAUGURATED BY UNION MINISTER PRAKASH JAVADEKAR?
4. FIRST “PIZZA ATM” IS OPENED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING UNIVERSITIES OF US?
a. Standford University
b. Harvard University
c. University of California
d. Xavier University
5. NAME THE FORMER RBI DEPUTY GOVERNOR, WHO HAS RECENTLY JOINED IDFC BANK BOARD?
a. HR Khan
b. D Subbarao
c. Anand Sinha
d. R Gandhi
6. WHICH PUBLIC SECTOR BANK HAS LAUNCHED FUND TRANSFER BASED ON “AADHAR NUMBER THROUGH NUUP” USING AN ORDINARY PHONE WITHOUT INTERNET CONNECTION?
d. Syndicate Bank
7. WHERE ARE THE HEADQUARTERS OF “NETWORK 18” LOCATED AT?
8. NAME THE CEO OF “NETWORK 18”?
a. Deepak Bahl
b. Rahul Bahl
c. Anil Ambani
d. Mukesh Ambani
1) C 2) A 3) B 4) D 5) C 6) D 7) A 8) B