Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 13 AUG 2016
Saturday, August 13, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 13 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. PM MODI AND RUSSIAN PRESIDENT VLADIMIR PUTIN JOINTLY DEDICATED KUDANKULAM NUCLEAR PLANT UNIT-I TO THE NATION
i. The first unit of Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant has jointly dedicated to the nation by Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
ii. It has been built with Russian expertise following a pact between the then Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi and Soviet leader Mikahil Gorbachev in November 1988.
iii. The plant’s first unit of Kudankulam power plant is generating its full capacity of 1000 megawatts of electricity.
2. NITI AAYOG TIES UP WITH US EIA TO SET UP A PORTAL ON ENERGY DATA
i. Niti Aayog has inked a pact with US Energy Information Administration .
ii. The think tank is working to develop India's energy data agency which would take 3-4 years to develop.
iii. The web portal will host all the data related to energy sector including oil & gas, coal, solar & thermal energy etc.
3. GOVERNMENT TO SET UP COMMITTEE TO REVIEW E-COMMERCE RULES
i. The government has decided to set up a committee to look into all issues including foreign direct investment norms pertaining to the fast-growing e-commerce industry in the country.
ii. The committee will be headed by the NITI Aayog CEO Mr. Amitabh Kant.
iii. The committee will look at all the issues including FDI pertaining to the e-commerce sector. The committee would also suggest ways to further promote the growth of the sector.
4. FIRST SOLAR INDIA COMMISSIONS 130 MW OF SOLAR POWER PLANTS IN AP, TELANGANA
i. The First Solar Power India, has announced the commercial operation of 80 MW and 50 MW solar power plants in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
ii. The projects are part of the 260 MW project portfolio owned by First Solar in India.
iii. These two plants will collectively produce enough energy to power approximately 2,27,500 average homes in India and will displace 204 tonnes of carbon dioxide annually.
iv. The electricity generated by the two projects will be purchased by the Southern Power Distribution Company of Andhra Pradesh and the Telangana State Southern Power Distribution Company under 25-year power purchase agreements.
5. MANEKA GANDHI KICKS OFF A CAMPAIGN TO MARK 11 AUGUST AS DAUGHTERS' DAY
i. The Ministry of Women and Child Development has launched a social media campaign to mark the Daughters Day to be celebrated on 11th August 2016.
ii. The next week will be celebrated by the Ministry of Women and Child Development as Daughters Week.
iii. It is a part of the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao programme to check female foeticide, improve sex ratio and educate girls across the country.
6. DINESH KUMAR KHARA APPOINTED AS MD OF STATE BANK OF INDIA
i. The Department of Personnel and Training of State Bank of India has announced the appointment of Mr. Dinesh Kumar Khara as its Managing Director.
ii. The appointment has been approved by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet for a period of three years.
7. ANDERSON DETHRONES ASHWIN FROM THE TOP SPOT IN ICC BOWLER RANKINGS
i. In the latest MRF player Rankings for Test Bowlers, England Speedster James Anderson has topped the list.
ii. The English cricketer replaces India off Spinner Ravichandran Ashwin.
iii. The James Anderson has reached his career best by claiming the top position month back on May 31.
8. TAKEHIKO NAKAO RE-ELECTED FOR SECOND TERM AS ADB PRESIDENT
i. The Asian Development Bank Board of Governors has unanimously re-elected Takehiko Nakao as President of ADB.
ii. The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19th December 1966.
Headquarters of ADB: Manila, Philippines
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHAT IS THE CURRENCY OF RUSSIA?
2. WHICH DAY IS CELEBRATED AS “DAUGHTER’S DAY”?
a. 11th August
b. 14th August
c. 12th August
d. 15th August
3. THE FAMOUS PLAYER “JAMES ANDERSON” BELONGS TO WHICH SPORTS?
c. Lawn Tennis
4. WHERE ARE THE HEADQUARTERS OF ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK LOCATED AT?
5. NAME THE CEO OF NITI AAYOG?
a. Amitabh Kumar
b. Amitabh Kanth
c. Arun Singh
d. Arun Kanth
1) C 2) A 3) D 4) B 5) B
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25 NOVEMBER 1. Who will be the Chief Guest at the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas? a) Antonio Costa b) Mich...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –26 NOVEMBER 1. India in recent past signed an agreement with which international agency to accept digital...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 23 RD NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. PORTUGUESE PRIME MINISTER TO BE THE CHIEF ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. BANK DEPOSITS WITH RBI HIT RECORD HIGH AFTE...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN