DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ – 11,12 AUGUST
1. The Taxation Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2016 passed in Lok Sabha seeks to amend the Income Tax Act of the year?
2. Who of the following assumed the charge as the Chairman of Central Silk Board, Union Ministry of Textiles?
a) N S Bissegowda
b) K M Hanumantharayappa
c) KR Nekarara
d) SK Horata
3. The Reserve Bank of India in August 2016 released its third bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2016-17. What was the Repo Rate?
a) 6.0 percent.
b) 6.5 percent
c) 6.75 percent
d) 7.0 percent
4. Name the Indian organisation, which has inked a pact with US Energy Information Administration (EIA) in August 2016 to set up web portal on energy data?
a) Bureau of Energy Efficiency
b) Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency
c) The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
d) NITI Aayog
5. Which Satellite was launched by China in August 2016 for the protection of its maritime rights?
c) Jiuquan Satellite
6. The 'Early Childhood Care and Education' policy notified by Union Government aims to achieve holistic development of children below which age?
a) Three years
b) Six years
c) Ten years
d) fourteen years
7. Name the port city that is threatened by the Wildfires in southern France that forced to evacuation.
8. Name the country with which Russia has agreed to restore bilateral relations and end economic sanctions.
c) North Korea
9. Irom Sharmila, the Iron Lady of Manipur, who ended her hunger strike in Imphal, Manipur started her hunger strike in
a) January 1999
b) December 1999
c) November 2000
d) September 2001
10. Parliament of which country has passed legislation that will prohibit police from providing information to the media without government permission.
11. High Court of which state issued directions to the Election Commission that teacher should not be deployed for poll duty during examinations?
a) Uttar Pradesh
12. Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently launched 70 Saal Azaadi Yaad Karo Kurbani programme at which of the following places?
a) Alirajpur, Madhya Pradesh
b) Cuttack, Odisha
c) Allahabad, Lucknow
d) Hajipur, Bihar
13. Who is recently appointed as the Managing Director of the State Bank of India?
a) Ashok Kumar Garg
b) Raj Kamal Verma
c) Dinesh Kumar Khara
d) None of the above
14. Name the legendary Carnatic vocalist who will be honoured at the United Nations on India’s 70th Independence Day by A.R. Rahman.
a) T. Brinda
b) Vasundhara Devi
c) P. S. Narayanaswamy
d) M. S. Subbulakshmi
15. Senate of which country voted to hold an impeachment trial for the nations suspended President Dilma Rousseff.