Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 19 AUG 2016
Sunday, August 21, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 19 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. OVER 10000-YEAR-OLD CAMPING SITE DISCOVERED IN LADAKH
i. The Archaeological Survey of India has discovered an ancient camping site dating 8500 BC in Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir.
ii. This site was unearthed at 14,000 feet above the sea level on the way from Saser La to Ladakh.
2. PUNJABI WRITER GURDIAL SINGH PASSED AWAY
i. Padma Shri awardee Punjabi writer Gurdial Singh passed away in Bathinda due to long illness.
ii. He started his literary career in 1957 with a short story, "Bhaganwale".
iii. He became known as a novelist when he published the novel Marhi Da Deeva.
3. SHASHI SHEKHAR COMMITTEE ON WORLD CULTURE FESTIVAL OF AOL SUBMITTED REPORT TO NGT
i. The Shashi Shekhar Committee was formed by National Green Tribunal and directed Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Art of Living to submit its response within three weeks on the inspection report.
ii. The report of the expert committee deal with the damage caused to the Yamuna flood plains due to the World Culture Festival.
iii. The festival was organised by the AOL in March 2016 along the River Yamuna in New Delhi.
iv. The inspection report of the committee concluded that the event has caused damage to the riverbed.
4. WRESTLER SAKSHI MALIK WON INDIA’S FIRST MEDAL AT RIO OLYMPICS
i. Freestyle wrestler Sakshi Malik won India’s first medal at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games by clinching the bronze in the 58kg category.
ii. She created history by becoming the first Indian woman wrestler to win an Olympic medal.
iii. She becomes only the fourth woman athlete from India to win an Olympic medal.
iv. Weight-lifter Karnam Malleshwari was the first Indian to win an Olympic medal.
v. Sakshi Malik is from Rohtak in Haryana.
5. INDIA’S FIRST BIO-CNG PLANT INAUGURATED IN PUNE
i. The plant was jointly inaugurated by Union Minister of Transport Nitin Gadkari and Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
ii.The plant will use agricultural residue to generate compressed natural gas that can be used in automobiles as fuel.
iii. The technology involves treating the waste with a special bacterial solution, after which the gas so generated is cleaned and compressed for use in vehicles.
6. INDIA RANKS 66TH IN 2016 GLOBAL INNOVATION INDEX
i. India has ranked 66th in the 2016 Global Innovation Index.
ii. India has jumped up by 15 spots from 81st position in 2015 GII.
iii. The annual index was released by France-based international business school INSEAD and World Intellectual Property Organisation.
iv. The index is topped by Switzerland followed b y Sweden.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. THE REPORT ON “WORLD CULTURE FESTIVAL AOL” SUBMITTED TO WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING OFFICIALS BODIES?
a. National Green Tribunal
b. Finance Ministry
c. Forest and Environment Department
d. Both a & c
2. WHO HAS BECOME FOURTH WOMAN ATHLETE FROM INDIA TO WIN AN OLYMPIC MEDAL?
a. Karnam Malleshwari
b. PV Sindhu
c. Sakshi Malik
d. Mary Kom
3. INDIA’S FIRST BIO-CNG PLANT WAS INAUGURATED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING CITIES OF INDIA?
4. NAME THE CHAIRPERSON OF THE COMMITTEE ON WORLD CULTURE FESTIVAL OF AOL?
a. Shekhar Kumar
b. Sashi Shekhar
c. Ravi Shekhar
d. Chandra Shekhar
5. WHO CLINCHES BRONZE MEDAL IN FREESTYLE WRESTLING IN RIO OLYMPICS,2016?
a. Mary Kom
b. Sarab Nanda
c. Sakshi Malik
d. None of the above
1. A 2. C 3. D 4. B 5. C
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN