Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 AUG 2016
Sunday, August 21, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. UP ANNOUNCES RANI LAXMI BAI AWARD FOR SAKSHI MALIK
i. The UP government will honour wrestler Sakshi Malik with Rani Laxmi Bai award.
ii. The award carries a cash prize of Rs. 3.11 lakh.
iii. The 23-year-old won the bronze in the 58-kg category wrestling in olympics.
2. GOVT SLAPS RS 2,500 CRORE PENALTY ON RELIANCE INDUSTRIES
i. Government of India has slapped an penalty of USD 380 million on Reliance Industries and its partners for producing less than targeted natural gas from KG-D6 fields.
ii. The total penalty for missing the target in 5 fiscal years beginning April 1, 2010, now stands at USD 2.76 billion.
3. FEDERAL BANK STARTS DISTRIBUTING MMTC GOLD COINS
i. Federal Bank has become the first private sector bank to start distributing gold coins made by government-controlled Metals and Minerals Trading Corporation of India.
ii. The Indian gold coins are of 24 karat purity and has the National Emblem of Ashok Chakra engraved on one side and the face of Mahatma Gandhi as in currency notes on the other.
iii. These coins were launched by the government of India last year.
iv. The first-ever national gold offering by the Government was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi In November 2015.
4. WORLD'S LONGEST AND HIGHEST GLASS BRIDGE TO OPEN IN CHINA
i. The world's longest and highest glass bridge will open to visitors.
ii. The bridge concreted with 99 panes of three-layer transparent glasses, hangs between two steep cliffs 300 metres altitude is maintained from the ground.
iii. The bridge has set 10 world records spanning its design and construction.
5. COURT OF ARBITRATION FOR SPORT SUSPENDS WRESTLER NARSINGH YADAV FOR FOUR YEARS
i. The Court of Arbitration for Sport banned wrestler Narsingh Yadav for four years following an appeal by World Anti-Doping Agency.
ii. The CAS also ruled to disqualify all the competitive results obtained by Narsingh from 25 June 2016.
iii. He will not be able to participate at the Rio 2016 Olympics.
iv. In July 2016 he was tested positive for a banned substance steroid in an out-of-competition test conducted by the National Anti-Doping Agency.
v. World anti doping agency headquarters are situated in Lausanne, Switzerland
6. INDIAN BADMINTON PLAYER P V SINDHU WINS SILVER IN WOMEN'S SINGLES BADMINTON EVENT AT RIO OLYMPICS
i. Badminton player P V Sindhu won historic silver medal in women’s singles badminton event at Rio Olympics.
ii. She became the first Indian woman to clinch a silver medal in Olympics.
iii. P V Sindhu is an Indian professional badminton player.
iv. She became the first ever Indian women's singles player to win a medal at the 2013 World Championships.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. HOW MUCH IS THE AMOUNT OF CASH PRIZE FOR “RANI LAXMI BAI AWARD”?
a. 4 lakh
b. 4.12 lakh
c. 3.11 Lakh
d. 3.13 Lakh
2. WHICH STATE HAS ANNOUNCED RANI LAXMI BAI AWARD FOR FREESTYLE WRESTLER “SAKSHI MALIK”?
a. Uttar Pradesh
3. NAME THE PRIVATE SECTOR BANK WHICH HAS STARTED DISTRIBUTING GOLD COINS MADE BY GOVERNMENT OF INDIA AND CONTROLLED BY MMTCI?
a. Axis Bank
b. ICICI Bank
c. YES Bank
d. Federal Bank
4. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES HAVE MADE WORLD’S LONGEST, HIGHEST GLASS BRIDGE?
5. WHERE ARE THE HEADQUARTERS OF THE WORLD ANTI DOPING AGENCY LOCATED?
a. Lusanne, Switzerland
b. New York, USA
c. New Delhi, India
d. Moscow, Russia
1. C 2. A 3. D 4. B 5. A
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN