DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. RAILWAY MINISTER SURESH PRABHU FLAGS OFF 'TRIPURA SUNDARI EXPRESS'
i. Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has flagged off maiden broad-gauge train between Agartala and Delhi named ‘Tripura Sundari Express’.
ii. The ‘Tripura Sundari Express’ will run weekly between Agartala and Anand Vihar in Delhi
iii. Railway minister suresh prabhu also laid the foundation stone for Agartala-Akhaura International Rail Project.
2. ANDHRA PRADESH INKS MOU WITH JAPAN TO DEVELOP FOOD VALUE CHAIN
i. The Andhra Pradesh government has inked a Memorandum of Understanding with Japan to develop a food value chain in the state.
ii. Under the MoU Japan's will encourage direct investments by Japanese companies in the fields of agriculture and food-related industry in Andhra Pradesh.
3. IRCTC'S APP TIE-UP WITH MOBIKWIK FOR E-CASH PAYMENTS
i. Mobile payments company MobiKwik and Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation have announced partnership for app MobiKwik .
ii. The will provide e-cash payments on IRCTC's e-catering app, Food on Track.
iii. The app allows passengers to book and get food from their preferred restaurants, delivered right at their train coaches.
iv. MobiKwik is a mobile wallet and online payment system where a user can store money to make mobile and DTH recharge, pay utility bills and shop using wallet with over 50,000 merchants.
4. ICICI BANK REDUCES MCLR BY 0.05%
i. Country's largest private sector lender ICICI Bank has announced a 0.05% reduction in its marginal cost of funds based lending rate.
ii. The overnight MCLR will be 8.90% under the revised rate structure which is effective from today.
iii. The Reserve Bank of India introduced the MCLR from April 1 this year for faster transmission of its policy actions into actual lending rates by the banks.
iv. The MCLR replaced the base rate system.
5. SYED NAYEEMUDDIN CONFERRED MOHUN BAGAN RATNA
i. The Mohun Bagan Football club has conferred club’s highest decoration Mohun Bagan Ratna on legendary Indian Footballer Syed Nayeemuddin.
ii. He became the 16th recipient of the prestigious award given for making contribution to the success of the club.
iii. He is also the only sportsperson awarded with the prestigious Arjuna and Dronacharya Awards for football.
6. DILIP RATH ASSUMES ADDITIONAL CHARGE AS NDDB CHAIRMAN
i. Dilip Rath appointed as the chairman of National Dairy Development Board .
ii. The chairman’s post fell vacant last week after T Nandakumar resigned before his five-year term ended.
iii. Dilip Rath is currently the managing director of NDDB.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “AKHAURA” CITY IS SITIUSTED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES?
2. NAME THE CHIEF MINISTER OF TRIPURA?
a. Manik Sarkar
b. Sarbnanda Sonowal
c. Pinarji desai
d. None of these
3. WITH WHICH E-WALLET COMPANY, IRCTC TIES UP FOR E-CASH PAYMENT?
d. easy payment
4. “MARGINAL COST OF FUND BASED LENDING RATE SYSTEM (MCLR)” HAS BEEN REPLACED WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SYSTEM?
d. Base rate system
5. WHEN “MOHUN BAGAN DAY” IS CELEBRATED?
a. 2nd Aug
b. 3rd Aug
c. 29th July
d. 31st July
6. “SYEED NAYEEMUDDIN” THE 16TH RECIPIENT OF MOHUN BAGAN AWARD BELONGS TO WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SPORTS?
c. Lawn Tennis
1. B 2. A 3. C 4. D 6. B