DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 3 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. PATNA PIRATES WON 4TH SEASON OF PRO KABADDI LEAGUE
i. The Patna Pirates have won the fourth edition of STAR Sports-ProKabaddi League .
ii.It defeated Jaipur Pink Panthers in the final at Hyderabad .
iii. Patna made history as they became the only team to lift the trophy twice in the tournament’s history of four editions.
2. LEWIS HAMILTON WON 2016 GERMAN GRAND PRIX TITLE OF FORMULA ONE
i. Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton has won the 2016 German Grand Prix title of Formula One.
ii.It was his fourth consecutive win in the 2016 season and overall fifth title of the 2016 season.
iii. Earlier in 2016 he had won Monaco , British , Hungarian, Canadian and Austrian Grand Prix.
3. STRATEGIC FORCES COMMAND EXEMPTED FROM AMBIT OF RTI
i. The Strategic Forces Command which forms part of the National Command Authority has been added to the Second Schedule of the Right to Information Act 2005.
ii. Union Government has issued a notification mentioning SFC has been brought under sub-section (2) of Section 24 of the RTI.
iii. The Section 24 of the RTI exempts security and intelligence establishments from its purview.
iv. Strategic Forces Command is a tri-Service command that forms part of India’s Nuclear Command Authority
v. It is responsible for the management and administration of the country’s tactical and strategic nuclear weapons stockpile.
4. RANI SINGH NAIR TAKES OVER AS CHAIRPERSON OF CBDT
i. Senior Indian Revenue Service officer Rani Singh Nair appointed as new Chairperson of Central Board of Direct Taxes .
ii. He will replace Atulesh Jindal .
iii. The Central Board of Direct Taxes provides essential inputs for policy and planning of direct taxes in India.
iv. It is the policy-making body of the Income Tax Department under the Union Finance Ministry.
5. WALL OF WISHES’ INAUGURATED TO CELEBRATE OLYMPIC MOOD
i. Sports Minister Vijay Goel inaugurated ‘Wall of Wishes’ at India Gate Lawns in New Delhi.
ii. The Wall of Wishes was launched in presence of Olympian Boxer M C Mary Kom to celebrate the Olympic mood in the country.
iii. Rio Olympics is scheduled to be held from 5 August to 21 August 2016.
iv. The Wall was inaugurated after the RUN FOR RIO, which was organised on 31 July 2016 by the Ministry
v. This year India is sending its largest ever contingent to participate in the Olympic Games.
6. INDIA TO HOST KABADDI WORLD CUP IN OCTOBER
i. International Kabaddi Federation has announced the selection of India for hosting "The 2016 Kabaddi World Cup".
ii. The World Cup is featuring 12 countries namely USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Iran, Poland, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Korea, Japan, Kenya, and India.
iii. The event is scheduled to be held in October 2016 but the dates for the event will be announced later.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “GACHI BOWLI STADIUM” IS SITUATED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING CITIES OF INDIA?
2. “PATNA PIRATES” IS THE TEAM OF WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SPORTS?
b. Kho kho
3. NAME THE WINNER OF “2016 GERMAN GRAND PRIX TITLE”?
a. Miles Axlerod
b. Nico Rosberg
c. Lewis Hamilton
d. None of the above
4. THE FORMER CHAIRMAN OF CBDT “ATULESH JINDAL” IS BEING REPLACED BY_______________.
a. MK Nair
b. Ravi Singh
c. Vikash Nair
d. Rani Singh Nair
5. HOW MANY COUNTRIES ARE GOING TO PARTICIPATE IN KABADDI WORLD CUP 2016?
1. C 2. B 3. C 4. D 5. A