Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 3 AUG 2016
Wednesday, August 3, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 3 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. PATNA PIRATES WON 4TH SEASON OF PRO KABADDI LEAGUE
i. The Patna Pirates have won the fourth edition of STAR Sports-ProKabaddi League .
ii.It defeated Jaipur Pink Panthers in the final at Hyderabad .
iii. Patna made history as they became the only team to lift the trophy twice in the tournament’s history of four editions.
2. LEWIS HAMILTON WON 2016 GERMAN GRAND PRIX TITLE OF FORMULA ONE
i. Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton has won the 2016 German Grand Prix title of Formula One.
ii.It was his fourth consecutive win in the 2016 season and overall fifth title of the 2016 season.
iii. Earlier in 2016 he had won Monaco , British , Hungarian, Canadian and Austrian Grand Prix.
3. STRATEGIC FORCES COMMAND EXEMPTED FROM AMBIT OF RTI
i. The Strategic Forces Command which forms part of the National Command Authority has been added to the Second Schedule of the Right to Information Act 2005.
ii. Union Government has issued a notification mentioning SFC has been brought under sub-section (2) of Section 24 of the RTI.
iii. The Section 24 of the RTI exempts security and intelligence establishments from its purview.
iv. Strategic Forces Command is a tri-Service command that forms part of India’s Nuclear Command Authority
v. It is responsible for the management and administration of the country’s tactical and strategic nuclear weapons stockpile.
4. RANI SINGH NAIR TAKES OVER AS CHAIRPERSON OF CBDT
i. Senior Indian Revenue Service officer Rani Singh Nair appointed as new Chairperson of Central Board of Direct Taxes .
ii. He will replace Atulesh Jindal .
iii. The Central Board of Direct Taxes provides essential inputs for policy and planning of direct taxes in India.
iv. It is the policy-making body of the Income Tax Department under the Union Finance Ministry.
5. WALL OF WISHES’ INAUGURATED TO CELEBRATE OLYMPIC MOOD
i. Sports Minister Vijay Goel inaugurated ‘Wall of Wishes’ at India Gate Lawns in New Delhi.
ii. The Wall of Wishes was launched in presence of Olympian Boxer M C Mary Kom to celebrate the Olympic mood in the country.
iii. Rio Olympics is scheduled to be held from 5 August to 21 August 2016.
iv. The Wall was inaugurated after the RUN FOR RIO, which was organised on 31 July 2016 by the Ministry
v. This year India is sending its largest ever contingent to participate in the Olympic Games.
6. INDIA TO HOST KABADDI WORLD CUP IN OCTOBER
i. International Kabaddi Federation has announced the selection of India for hosting "The 2016 Kabaddi World Cup".
ii. The World Cup is featuring 12 countries namely USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Iran, Poland, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Korea, Japan, Kenya, and India.
iii. The event is scheduled to be held in October 2016 but the dates for the event will be announced later.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “GACHI BOWLI STADIUM” IS SITUATED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING CITIES OF INDIA?
2. “PATNA PIRATES” IS THE TEAM OF WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SPORTS?
b. Kho kho
3. NAME THE WINNER OF “2016 GERMAN GRAND PRIX TITLE”?
a. Miles Axlerod
b. Nico Rosberg
c. Lewis Hamilton
d. None of the above
4. THE FORMER CHAIRMAN OF CBDT “ATULESH JINDAL” IS BEING REPLACED BY_______________.
a. MK Nair
b. Ravi Singh
c. Vikash Nair
d. Rani Singh Nair
5. HOW MANY COUNTRIES ARE GOING TO PARTICIPATE IN KABADDI WORLD CUP 2016?
1. C 2. B 3. C 4. D 5. A
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN