DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 24 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. HIMACHAL PRADESH ASSEMBLY RATIFIES GST BILL
i. The Himachal Pradesh assembly has unanimously ratified the Constitution Amendment Bill on GST.
ii. The Bill was introduced by CM Virbhadra Singh on the first day of five-day monsoon session.
iii. Himachal Pradesh has become the fourth after Assam, Bihar and Jharkhand to ratify the Bill.
2. NATIONAL SPORTS AWARDS – 2016
i. Rio Olympics 2016 medalists PV Sindhu and Sakshi Malik have been chosen for Khel Ratna award for 2016.
ii. The highest sporting award of India will also be given to Dipa Karmakar and Jitu Rai.
iii. Bisweshwar Nandi coach of dipa karmakar will be awarded Dronacharya Award for 2016.
3. JAGDISH MUKHI SWORN IN AS LT GUV OF ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR
i. Senior BJP leader Jagdish Mukhi appointeed as the 12th Lieutenant Governor of the union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
ii. He replaced Lt General AK Singh.
4. BRAJENDRA NAVNIT AND V SHESHADRI APPOINTED AS JOINT SECRETARIES IN PMO
i. Senior IAS officers Brajendra Navnit and V Sheshadri have been appointed as Joint Secretaries in Prime minister office.
ii. The Prime Minister's Office consists of the immediate staff of the Prime Minister of India, as well as multiple levels of support staff reporting to the Prime Minister.
iii. The PMO is headed by the Principal Secretary, currently Nripendra Misra
5. BADNORE SWORN IN AS NEW PUNJAB GOVERNOR
i. V P Singh Badnore took oath as the new Punjab Governor and also as Administrator of Chandigarh Administration.
ii. Punjab and Haryana HC Chief Justice S J Vazifdar administered the oath of office and secrecy to Badnore.
6. GOVERNMENT SET TO BAN CASH TRANSACTIONS OVER RS 3 LAKH
i. The government is set to ban cash transactions over Rs 3 lakh.
ii. The move is taken to clamp down on black money in the economy following recommendations from the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team.
iii. The Rs 3 lakh-limit is aimed to ensure that transactions are made using credit or debit cards, cheques or drafts which can be easily tracked.
7. AHMEDABAD TO HOST 2016 KABADDI WORLD CUP
i. The Kabaddi World Cup will be hosted by Ahmedabad from October 7 to 22.
ii. 12 kabaddi teams from USA, Pakistan, Canada, UK, Australia, Iran, Poland ,Bangladesh, Korea, Japan and Kenya will participate in invent
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. RECENTLY, WHICH STATE HAS RATIFIED GST BILL?
B. Himachal Pardesh
2. WHO WILL RECEIVE THE DRONACHARYA AWARD OF 2016?
A. Kapil Dev
B. Jitu Rai
C. Bisweshwar Nand
D. Dipa Karmakar
3. WHO HAS BEEN SWORNED AS THE 12TH LT. GOVERNOR OF ANDAMAN & NICOBAR?
A. Jagdish Mukhi
B. AK Singh
C. Jagdish Singh
D. Jeevan Singh
4. WHICH STATE OF INDIA HAS SIGNED MOU WITH INDIAN POST TO PROVIDE THE LOAN FOR TWO-WHEELER?
B. Tamil Nadu
5. HOW MANY COUNTRIES ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE 2016 KABBADI WORLD CUP?
1) B 2) C 3) A 4) D 5) A