Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 24 AUG 2016
Friday, August 26, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 24 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. HIMACHAL PRADESH ASSEMBLY RATIFIES GST BILL
i. The Himachal Pradesh assembly has unanimously ratified the Constitution Amendment Bill on GST.
ii. The Bill was introduced by CM Virbhadra Singh on the first day of five-day monsoon session.
iii. Himachal Pradesh has become the fourth after Assam, Bihar and Jharkhand to ratify the Bill.
2. NATIONAL SPORTS AWARDS – 2016
i. Rio Olympics 2016 medalists PV Sindhu and Sakshi Malik have been chosen for Khel Ratna award for 2016.
ii. The highest sporting award of India will also be given to Dipa Karmakar and Jitu Rai.
iii. Bisweshwar Nandi coach of dipa karmakar will be awarded Dronacharya Award for 2016.
3. JAGDISH MUKHI SWORN IN AS LT GUV OF ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR
i. Senior BJP leader Jagdish Mukhi appointeed as the 12th Lieutenant Governor of the union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
ii. He replaced Lt General AK Singh.
4. BRAJENDRA NAVNIT AND V SHESHADRI APPOINTED AS JOINT SECRETARIES IN PMO
i. Senior IAS officers Brajendra Navnit and V Sheshadri have been appointed as Joint Secretaries in Prime minister office.
ii. The Prime Minister's Office consists of the immediate staff of the Prime Minister of India, as well as multiple levels of support staff reporting to the Prime Minister.
iii. The PMO is headed by the Principal Secretary, currently Nripendra Misra
5. BADNORE SWORN IN AS NEW PUNJAB GOVERNOR
i. V P Singh Badnore took oath as the new Punjab Governor and also as Administrator of Chandigarh Administration.
ii. Punjab and Haryana HC Chief Justice S J Vazifdar administered the oath of office and secrecy to Badnore.
6. GOVERNMENT SET TO BAN CASH TRANSACTIONS OVER RS 3 LAKH
i. The government is set to ban cash transactions over Rs 3 lakh.
ii. The move is taken to clamp down on black money in the economy following recommendations from the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team.
iii. The Rs 3 lakh-limit is aimed to ensure that transactions are made using credit or debit cards, cheques or drafts which can be easily tracked.
7. AHMEDABAD TO HOST 2016 KABADDI WORLD CUP
i. The Kabaddi World Cup will be hosted by Ahmedabad from October 7 to 22.
ii. 12 kabaddi teams from USA, Pakistan, Canada, UK, Australia, Iran, Poland ,Bangladesh, Korea, Japan and Kenya will participate in invent
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. RECENTLY, WHICH STATE HAS RATIFIED GST BILL?
B. Himachal Pardesh
2. WHO WILL RECEIVE THE DRONACHARYA AWARD OF 2016?
A. Kapil Dev
B. Jitu Rai
C. Bisweshwar Nand
D. Dipa Karmakar
3. WHO HAS BEEN SWORNED AS THE 12TH LT. GOVERNOR OF ANDAMAN & NICOBAR?
A. Jagdish Mukhi
B. AK Singh
C. Jagdish Singh
D. Jeevan Singh
4. WHICH STATE OF INDIA HAS SIGNED MOU WITH INDIAN POST TO PROVIDE THE LOAN FOR TWO-WHEELER?
B. Tamil Nadu
5. HOW MANY COUNTRIES ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE 2016 KABBADI WORLD CUP?
1) B 2) C 3) A 4) D 5) A
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN