Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 8 AUG 2016
Tuesday, August 9, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 8 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. UNION GOVERNMENT AIMS TO ROLL OUT GST FROM APRIL 1, 2017
i. The Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced that the Government has set the ambitious target to start imposing the Goods and Services Tax from 1st April 2017.
ii. He also unveiled a detailed roadmap for GST implementation.
iii. The announcement was made after Rajya Sabha had passed The Constitution (122nd Amendment) (GST) Bill, 2014.
2. UNION GOVERNMENT FIXES AN INFLATION TARGET OF 4 PERCENT FOR FIVE YEARS
i. The Union Government has set an inflation target of 4 % for the next five years with a range of plus/minus 2 % for the next five years under the monetary policy framework.
ii. The agreement is finalised after Union Government and Reserve Bank of India had agreed on a monetary policy framework.
iii. Union Government will soon set-up Monetary Policy Committee to adhere to the target till March 31, 2021.
3. SOUTH INDIA'S FIRST DOPPLER WEATHER RADAR INAUGURATED
i. ISRO chairman A S Kiran Kumar has inaugurated a 'C Band Polarimetric Doppler Weather Radar' at the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre Thiruvananthapuram.
ii. Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated the first Doppler weather radar in Cherrapunji which was built by the ISRO.
iii. This Doppler weather radar can provide advance information about cyclones,storms,, and other severe weather conditions.
iv. The data from this radar would help India Meteorological Department to forecast weather predictions.
4. NAIDU LAUNCHES SWACHH SURVEKSHAN FOR 500 CITIES
i. Union Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu has launched Swachh Survekshan-2017 for 500 cities in the country.
ii. The idea of the program is to make competitive environment make the cities clean in New Delhi.
iii. The main objective of Swach Survekshan is not to point out shortcomings but to suggest ways to improve the state of cleanliness in the particular area.
5. IBM AND APPLE OPEN FIRST GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT HUB IN INDIA
i. IBM in partnership with Apple has launched a new global development hub at Manyata Tech Park, Bengaluru.
ii. It aims to help the clients in India complete digital mobility process platform.
iii. IBM is also planning to launch satellite centres in many other countries including China, Romania, and Brazil.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE CHAIRMAN RAJYA SABHA OF INDIA?
a. Arun Jaitley
b. Ghulam Ali Azad
c. Md. Hamid Ansari
d. P J Kurien
2. WHAT PERCENT OF INFLATION IS BEING TARGETED BY UNION GOVERNMENT FOR FIVE YEARS?
3. HOW MANY COMPANIES ARE PARTICIPATING IN INDIA’S INTERNATIONAL FOOTWEAR FAIR?
4. NAME THE SCHEME WHICH IS LAUNCHED TO SUGGEST WAYS TO IMPROVE THE STATE OF CLEANLINESS IN THE PARTICULAR AREA?
a. Swach Kalayan
b. Swach Bharat
c. Swach Survekshan
d. None of the above
5. “MANAYATA TECH PARK” IS LOCATED AT?
6. WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF BRAZIL?
a. Nymar Temer
b. Michel Temer
c. Nelson Temer
d. Raga Temer
7. WHAT IS THE THEME OF “RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS 2016”?
a. World Sports Enthusiasm
b. World Interface Development
c. World Awareness about Sports
d. World Peace & Environment
1) C 2) A 3) C 4) C 5) A 6) B 7) D
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN