Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 9 AUG 2016
Tuesday, August 9, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 9 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. MODI LAUNCHES PMO APP AT MYGOV ANNIVERSARY EVENT
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the new PMO app at a function organised by MyGov in New Delhi.
ii. The app would correspond to the website of the Prime Minister’s Office.
iii. The new app will allow mobile users to connect with the website of the Prime Minister's Office.
2. NATIONAL HANDLOOM DAY HAS CELEBRATED ON 7 AUGUST
i. The second National Handloom Day has been celebrated all over the country on 7 August
ii. The first National Handloom Day was celebrated last year in Chennai on 7th August, 2015.
iii. It seeks to highlight the contribution of handloom to the socioeconomic development of the country and promote handlooms to increase income of weavers and also enhance their pride.
3. TELANGANA SIGNS MOU WITH ISRO FOR WATER RESOURCES INFO SYSTEM
i. Telangana Irrigation Department has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Indian Space Research Organisation for setting up a Telangana Water Resources Information System on the ‘Bhuvan’ web portal.
ii. The main aim is to capture every field-level irrigation network including dams/barrages, anicuts, main and field channels, etc. and mark every irrigation structure on satellite visualisation tool Bhuvan
iii. It will assess the accurate reserves of water in thousands of Tanks and reservoirs across the state.
4. GYMNAST DIPA KARMAKAR BECOMES FIRST INDIAN TO QUALIFY FOR VAULT FINALS
i. Gymnast Dipa Karmakar created history by becoming the first Indian gymnast to qualify for the finals of artistic Gymnastics at the Rio 2016 Olympics.
ii. She qualified after finishing eighth on the standings in the final round in the Individual vault final of artistic gymnastics
iii. Dipa Karmakar is from in Agartala, Tripura.
iv. She had created history becoming the first Indian female gymnast to win bronze medal in history of the games.
5. OLYMPICS 2016 OPENS WITH A GLITTERING CEREMONY IN RIO DE JANERIO
i. The 31st Summer Olympic Games has opened in the Brazilian city of Rio de Janeiro, with a vibrant opening ceremony at the Maracana Stadium.
ii. Acting Brazil President Michel Temer declared open the Games.
iii. The theme of Rio De Janerio Olympic is world peace and environment.
6. IOA ANNOUNCES CASH AWARD FOR MEDAL WINNING ATHLETE IN RIO OLYMPICS
i. Indian Olympic Association has announced a cash award of 50 lakh rupees for the gold medal winning athlete in the Rio Olympics.
ii. The government also announced reward of 30 lakh rupees for silver and 20 lakh rupees for bronze.
iii. The coaches will be awarded an equivalent of 50 % of the amount that the athletes receive.
iv. Indian Railways has also announced a cash award of 1 crore rupees for its athlete who wins a gold medal at the Rio Olympics.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. AT WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING PLACES 1ST HANDLOOM DAY CELEBRATED?
b. Gandhi Nagar
c. New Delhi
2. WHEN NATIONAL HANDLOOM DAY IS BEING OBSERVED?
a. 7th August
b. 6th August
c. 8th August
d. 9th August
3. “MARACANA STADIUM” IS SITUATED AT?
a. Kolkata, India
b. New York, USA
c. London, Britain
d. Rio De Janerio, Brazil
4. NAME THE 1ST INDIAN GYMNAST, WHO HAS RECENTLY WON THE BRONZE MEDAL IN RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS?
a. Mary Kom
b. Dipa Karmakar
c. Sindhu Karmakar
d. Hema Karmakar
5. ISRO SIGNS MOU WITH WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATES?
1) D 2) A 3) B 4) D 5) C
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN