DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 02 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. UNION GOVERNMENT AND AMAR CHITRA KATHA SIGNS MOU TO PUBLISH AND DISTRIBUTE COMIC BOOK ON SWACHH BHARAT MISSION
i. The Union Government has signed a memorandum of understanding with Amar Chitra Katha to publish and distribute comic book on Swachh Bharat Mission .
ii. The MoU was signed between Amar Chitra Katha and the Union Ministry of Urban Development to focus on Swachh Bharat Mission.
iii. Amar Chitra Katha will publish a comic book carrying messages pertaining to sanitation and solid waste components of Swachh Bharat Mission.
iv. Amar Chitra Katha Amar Chitra Katha publishes more than 400 comics in 20 languages.
2. AISHWARYAA DHANUSH APPOINTED AS UN WOMEN’S ADVOCATE FOR GENDER EQUALITY AND WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT IN INDIA
i. Filmmaker Aishwaryaa Dhanush was appointed United Nations Women’s Advocate for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment in India.
ii. She will help raise awareness of UN Women’s core message of gender equality and women’s empowerment across India.
iii. She will play important role in boosting the organisation’s efforts to close the gender gap and achieve a more equal world, a Planet 50-50 by the year 2030.
3. PV SINDHU TO BE APPOINTED AS BRAND AMBASSADOR OF CRPF
i. The Central Reserve Police Force has decided to appoint Olympic silver medallist P. V. Sindhu as its honorary commandant and brand ambassador.
ii. It was announced by CRPF’s Director General K.Durga Prasad.
iii. CRPF is India’s largest paramilitary force’s brand ambassador.
4. WRESTLER YOGESHWAR DUTT’S LONDON OLYMPICS BRONZE MEDAL UPGRADED TO SILVER MEDAL
i. Indian wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt’s bronze medal from the 2012 London Summer Olympics has been upgraded to silver.
ii. This up gradation is done when second-place finisher and silver medalist late Besik Kudukhov from Russia was stripped off his medal for failing a dope test.
iii. Kudukhov was found to have used a banned substance in a test conducted by the World Anti-Doping Agency.
5. AK SINHA COMMITTEE CONSTITUTED TO STUDY SILT IN RIVER GANGA IN BIHAR
i. Union Government constituted an expert committee to study slit in river Ganga in Bihar.
ii. The four-member committee will be headed by Member of Ganga Flood Control commission AK Sinha.
iii. The committee was formed on request of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
iv. The central govt is going to send the expert team to study silt in Ganga which caused devastating prevailing flood in the state.
6. UNION CABINET APPROVES SIMPLIFICATION OF FDI POLICY 2016 IN VARIOUS SECTORS
i. The Union Cabinet approved simplification and liberalisation of the Foreign Direct Investment Policy, 2016 in various sectors.
ii. The FDI policy amendments are aimed at providing ease of doing business in the country.
iii. It will lead to larger FDI inflows contributing to growth of investment, incomes and employment.
a. 100% FDI in Food Products manufactured/produced in India, FDI in Defence Sector up to 100%,
b. 100 percent FDI allowed under automatic route for Teleports, Direct to Home, Cable Networks and Mobile TV.
c. 100% FDI under automatic route in Greenfield pharma
d. 100% FDI under automatic route in Brownfield Airport projects.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE PERSON WHO HAS APPOINTED AS UN WOMEN’S ADVOCATE FOR GENDER EQUALITY AND WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT?
a. Aishwarya Rai
b. Aishwarya Dhanush
c. Kiran Bedi
d. None of these
2. NAME THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF CRPF?
a. K.Durga Prasad
b. K. Durga Narayan
c. M. Singh Durga
d. MK Durga
3. RECENTLY, WHO HAS BECOME BRAND AMBASSADOR OF CRPF?
a. Sania Mirza
b. Yogeshwar Dutt
c. PV Sindhu
d. Sakshi Malik
4. WHO WILL CHAIR THE COMMITTEE TO STUDY SILT IN RIVER GANGA IN BIHAR?
a. MK Sinha
b. PK Sinha
c. BK Sinha
d. AK Sinha
5. WHAT PERCENT OF FDI APPROVED BY UNION GOVERNMENT TO AUTOMATIC ROUTE IN GREEN FIELD PHARMA?
1. B 2. A 3. C 4. D 5. C