DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ – 29, 30 AUGUST
1. International Day Against Nuclear Tests observed on?
a) 30 October
b) 23 September
c) 29 August
d) 16 November
2. India’s rank in the World Risk Index 2016 published by United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security?
3. Name the country who topped the World Risk Index 2016 published by United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security?
4. Who won the women’s doubles title at 2016 Connecticut Open?
a) Saina Mirza and Chuang Chia-Jung
b) Saina Mirza and Monica Niculescu
c) Monica Niculescu and Chuang Chia-Jung
d) Kateryna Bondarenko and Chuang Chia-Jung
5. Which bank is not part of the four banks that introduced the NPCI’s Unified Payments Interface (UPI) that will allow customers to make payments via digital means?
b) Bank of Maharashtra
c) Axis Bank
6. Who awarded the prestigious Saraswati Samman for the year 2015?
a) Advay Ramesh
b) Padma Sachdev
c) Padma Sharma
d) Sunita Jain
7. With which country India signed Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA) in August 2016.
a) The United States
8. Who is the author of the autobiography 'Chitt-Chete' written in Dogri language?
a) Ravi Velloor
b) G Satheesh
c) Padma Sachdev
d) Sanjeev Sanyal
9. Which city hosting the 2016 Mother Teresa International Film Festival (MTIFF)?
c) New Delhi
10. 29 August is observed as National Sports Day across India to commemorate birth anniversary of?
a) Mohammed Shahid
b) Milkha Singh
c) Dhyan Chand
d) Dhanraj Pillay
11. Name the sportsperson who won the 2016 Belgian Grand Prix of Formula One (F1)?
a) Lewis Hamilton
b) Daniel Ricciardo
c) Nico Rosberg
d) Nico Hulkenberg
12. Who will head Indian Navy’s high level committee that was constituted to find out extent of Scorpene Submarine data leak?
a) Girish Luthra
b) Ashok Kumar
c) Robin K. Dhowan
d) Sunil Lanba
1.C, 2.C, 3.D, 4.B, 5.A, 6.B, 7.A, 8.C, 9.A, 10.C, 11.C, 12.B,