Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 03 SEP 2016
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 03 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. MICHEL TEMER SWORN IN AS NEW BRAZIL PRESIDENT
i. Michel Temer former vice president of Brazil has been sworn in as the country's new president
ii. He will replace ve Dilma Rousseff former President of Brazil.
2. ASHOK CHAWLA IS NEW CHANCELLOR AT TERI UNIVERSITY
i. The Energy and Resources Institute has appointed former Finance Secretary Ashok Chawla as the new Chancellor of Teri university.
ii. The former Teri chancellor R.K. Pachauri was accused of sexually harassing a female colleague in 2015 is replaced.
3. BRICS CONVENTION ON TOURISM TO BEGIN TODAY
i. The two-day long "BRICS Convention on Tourism" has been started at world heritage site Khajuraho in Madhya Pradesh.
ii. Union Culture Mahesh Sharma will inaugurate the convention.
iii. Delegations from the BRICS countries India, Brazil, Russia, China and South Africa will participate in it.
4. SUDARSAN PATTNAIK HONOURED WITH PRIZE IN MOSCOW SAND ART SHOW
i. India's Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has won the people's choice prize for his sand sculpture.
ii. The sculpture titled "Mahatma Gandhi - World Peace" is unvield at Moscow Sand Sculpture Championship 2016.
iii. Sudarsan has already won a gold medal for the 15-foot-high sculpture.
5. PRESIDENT OF EGYPT TO ARRIVE ON THREE-DAY VISIT TO INDIA TODAY
i. President of Egypt, Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi, is going to visit India today.
ii. He will be accompanied by a high-level delegation comprising Ministers, officials and business leaders.
6. ARMY DESIGN BUREAU FORMED TO REDUCE DEPENDENCE ON IMPORTS
i. Indian Army announced establishment of the Army Design Bureau to indigenise procurements and reduce import dependence.
ii. The ADDB will facilitate the weapons and technology building efforts between the Defence Research & Development Organisation industry and the army.
iii. The bureau is established during seminar on ‘Make in India.
7. GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS DECLARE MAJULI AS THE LARGEST RIVER ISLAND
i. The Guinness World Records declared Assam's Majuli as the largest river island in the world.
ii. The island is located in the Brahmaputra River.
iii. Majuli had a total area of 1250 square kilometres at the beginning of the 20th century. However, it had lost significantly to erosion.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “MICHEL TEMER”, THE NEW PRESIDENT OF BRAZIL SUCCEEDED WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING?
a. Dilma Rousseff
b. Dilma Dalmai
c. Dezuza Rousseff
d. Dilma Dalai
2. WHO WILL INAUGURATE “BRICS CONVENTION ON TOURISM “ AT WORLD HERITAGE SITE KHAJURAHO IN MADHYA PRADESH?
a. Narendra Modi
b. Pranab Mukherjhee
c. Mahesh Sharma
d. Suresh Prabhu
3. NAME THE SAND SCULPTURE FOR WHICH SURESH PATTNAIK HAS BEEN HONOURED WITH PEOPLE’S CHOICE PRIZE IN MOSCOW?
a. Indira Gandhi- World Peace
b. Mahatma Gandhi- World Peace
c. Narendra Modi- Make in India
d. Mother Teresa- World Peace
4. WHAT IS THE CURRENCY OF EGYPT?
5. RIVER MAJULI FLOWS THROUGH WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATES OF INDIA?
b. West Bengal
1. A 2. C 3. B 4. D 5. A
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –11,12 OCTOBER 1. Name the philanthropist and wife of Godrej group chairman Adi Godrej who passed away? ...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN