DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 04 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. BEZWADA WILSON AND TM KRISHNA WIN RAMON MAGSAYSAY AWARD
i. Bezwada Wilson a prolific campaigner for eradication of manual scavenging in India, and Carnatic singer T M Krishna from Chennai, were chosen for the prestigious Ramon Magsaysay Award for 2016.
ii. The Ramon Magsaysay Award is an annual award given by Philippines in the memory of President Ramon Magsaysay's.
2. DEEP KUMAR UPADHYAY RE-APPOINTED AS NEPAL'S ENVOY TO INDIA
i. Deep Kumar Upadhyay has been re-appointed as Nepal's ambassador to India.
ii. He was presently serving as Nepal's ambassador to India since April 2015.
3. COUNTRY'S ECONOMIC GROWTH RECORDED 7.1% IN FIRST QUARTER OF CURRENT FISCAL
i. The country's economy grew at 7.1 % in the April to June quarter of the current fiscal.
ii. According to data released by the Central Statistics Office.
iii. CSO is responsible for coordination of statistical activities in India, and evolving and maintaining statistical standards.
4. GUJARAT SIGNS MOU WITH AVIATION MINISTRY
i. The Gujarat government has signed a memorandum of understanding with the ministry of civil aviation to develop 11 airports and airstrips to boost regional connectivity.
ii. The central government’s new civil aviation policy promotes regional connectivity.
iii. The main aim is to serve unconnected or under-served towns and boost infrastructure.
5. INDIAN RAILWAYS LAUNCHES TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR 92 PAISE
i. Indian Railway has launched an insurance scheme for passengers travelling on e- ticket.
ii. The insurance cover will be upto Rs. 10 lakh.
6. SPACEX FALCON 9 ROCKET, SATELLITE DESTROYED IN EXPLOSION
i. A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket exploded on its Cape Canaveral launch pad during a test, destroying a commercial satellite that Facebook had planned to use to extend Internet access in Africa.
ii. It was the second time in just over a year that SpaceX has lost a Falcon 9 rocket.
7. DCB LAUNCHES ‘MVISA’, A MOBILE-BASED PAYMENT SOLUTION
i. DCB Bank has launched ‘mVisa’, a mobile-based payment solution that will make payments at retail outlets much easier.
ii. DCB Bank Ltd. is a private sector scheduled commercial bank in India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. FOR WHAT ETHNIC WORK, BEZWADA WILSON HAS BEEN HONOURED WITH RAMON MAGSAYSAY AWARD?
a. Women Empowerment
b. Campaing for Manual Scavenging
d. Good Governance
2. WHO HAS APPOINTED AS KNIGHT OF THE NATIONAL ORDER OF FRENCH LEGION OF HONOUR BY FRANCE?
a. Kiran M Shaw
b. kiran Sinha
c. Kiran Bedi
d. Kiran Dixit
3. WHO ESTIMATES COUNTRY’S ECONOMIC GROWTH?
a. Finance Ministry
b. NITI Ayog
c. Central Statistics Office
d. None of these
4. DCB BANK HEADQUARTERED AT ________.
b. New Delhi
5. WHICH BANK HAS LAUNCHED “MVISA”, A MOBILE APP BASED PAYMENT SOLUTION?
a. Yes bank
b. DCB bank
c. Doha bank
d. HDFC bank
1. B 2. A 3. C 4. D 5. B