DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 08 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. 11TH G20 SUMMIT CONCLUDED IN HANGZHOU
i. The 11th Summit of the Group of Twenty concluded in the eastern Chinese city of Hangzhou.
ii. The theme of 2016 G20 Summit was Toward an Innovative, Invigorated, Interconnected and Inclusive World Economy.
iii. The event was chaired by Xi Jinping, President of China.
iv. 12th G20 summit 2017 to be held in Hamburg, Germany.
2. UK APPOINTS AMBASSADOR TO IRAN FOR FIRST TIME SINCE 2011
i. The United Kingdom has appointed an ambassador to Iran for the first time since 2011.
ii. Nicholas Hopton, a former British ambassador to Qatar and Yemen will take up the role.
3. ICC ODI RANKINGS RELEASED VIRAT KOHLI REMAINS AT 2ND SPOT
i. India's batting maestro Virat Kohli held on to the number two position in the latest ICC ODI rankings for batsmen.
ii. Rohit Sharma dropped a place to seventh.
iii. AB de Villiers of South Africa is the number-one ranked ODI batsman.
4. CM INAUGURATES ASIA'S BIGGEST DIGITAL LIBRARY IN SILCHAR
i. Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated Asia’s biggest digital library dedicated to the memory of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, former President of India, in NIT Silchar.
ii. The digital library is inugrated on the occasion of the 55th Teachers’ Day.
5. JOHN ABRAHAM ROPED IN AS BRAND AMBASSADOR OF ARUNACHAL PRADESH
i. The government of Arunachal Pradesh has appointed Bollywood actor John Abraham as a brand ambassador for the state.
ii. He is appointed to promte tourism to boost tourism with the help of actor.
6. WHO CERTIFIES SRI LANKA MALARIA FREE
i. World health organisation has certified srilanka malaria free.
ii. The Country recorded less than 1 000 cases of malaria per year by 2006, while for the past three-and-a-half years, no locally transmitted cases have been recorded.
7. GRSE HANDS OVER FAST ATTACK CRAFT 'TIHAYU' TO INDIAN NAVY
i. Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited handed over the Water Jet Fast Attack Craft “TIHAYU” to Indian Navy.
ii. “TIHAYU” is the second ship of the ‘Follow-on’ Series of WJFACs while INS Tarmugli is the first ship of the same series.
8. WORLD’S OLDEST CRICKETER LINDSAY TUCKETT PASSES AWAY
i. World's oldest cricketer, Lindsay Tuckett, passed away in Bloemfontein at the age of 97.
ii. Tuckett represented South Africa in nine Test matches against England between 1947 and 1949.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHICH COUNTRY WILL HOST THE 12TH G-20 SUMMIT 2017?
2. UNITED KINGDOM HAS APPOINTED “NICHOLAS HOPTON” AS AN AMBASSADOR TO WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING NATIONS?
3. WHICH COUNTRY BATSMAN HAS GOT THE 1ST RANK IN ICC ODI RANKINGS OF BATSMEN?
a. South Africa
d. Sri Lanka
4. THE CITY “SILCHAR” IS SITUATED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATES?
c. Arunachal Pradesh
5. “MALARIA” IS CAUSED BY _______________.
d. None of these
6. NAME THE CRAFT WHICH IS RECENTLY HANDED OVER TO INDIAN NAVY BY GRES?
7. THE WORLD’S OLDEST CRICKETER “LINDSAY TUCKETT” BELONGS TO WHICH NATION?
a. South Africa
b. West Indies
1. B 2. C 3. A 4. D 5. C 6. D 7. A