DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 11TH SEP 2016
(DAILY NEWS INDIA)
SHARED BY: WWW.DAILYGK.IN
1. ISRO LAUNCHED INSAT-3DR FROM SRIHARIKOTA
i. The Indian Space Research Organisation has launched GSLV rocket which will carry the weather satellite INSAT-3DR from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
ii. The 2211-kg INSAT 3DR will be placed in an orbit 36,000 km above Earth.
2. SIKKIM IS THE CLEANEST STATE IN INDIA
i. Sikkim has been adjudged as the cleanest state India in the survey conducted by National Sample Survey Office
ii. Jharkhand has been placed at the last in the list of 26 states.
iii. Kerala, Mizoram, Himachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Haryana, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Manipur and Meghalaya are among the top 10 states.
3. PEPSICO'S INDRA NOOYI ONLY INDIAN-ORIGIN WOMAN IN FORTUNE LIST
i. Pepsi Co CEO and Chairman Indra Nooyi was ranked 2nd on the list of Fortune's 51 Most Powerful Women list.
ii. The list is topped by Mary Barra, CEO and Chairman of General Motors.
4. J SATYANARAYANA APPOINTED AS PART-TIME UIDAI CHIEF
i. Former IAS officer J Satyanarayana has appointed as part-time chairperson of Unique Identification Authority of India.
ii. The post has been lying vacant after the resignation of Nandan Nilekani in 2014.
5. NASA LAUNCHES FIRST MISSION TO COLLECT SAMPLES FROM ASTEROID
i. NASA the US space agency has launched its first mission to collect samples from an asteroid and return.
ii.It has been launched to learn more about the origins of life.
iii. The mission will travel for two years on a journey to Bennu, a near-Earth asteroid
6. INDIAN HIGH JUMPERS WIN GOLD, BRONZE AT PARALYMPICS
i. India’s Mariyappan Thangavelu created history by winning a gold medal in the men’s high jump T-42 event at the Rio Paralympics.
ii. Another high jumper from India Varun Singh Bhati clinched the bronze medal in the same event.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. INSAT-3DR I WHICH TYPE OF SATELLITE?
a. GPS Satellite
b. SPY Satellite
c. Orbital Satellite
d. Weather Satellite
2. THE HEADQUARTERS OF ISRO ARE LOCATED AT?
c. New Delhi
3. NATIONAL SAMPLE SURVEY ORGANIZATION COMES UNDER WHICH OF MINISTRY?
a. Ministry of Finance
b. Ministry of Urban Development
c. Ministry of Statistics
d. None of these
4. “INDRA NOOYI” WHO RANKS 2ND IN THE FORTUNE’S 51 MOST POWERFUL WOMEN ARE THE CEO OF WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATION?
5. NAME THE PART TIME CHAIRPERSON OF UIDAI?
a. Nandan Nielkani
b. J. Satyanarayan
c. UK Sinha
d. MK Sinha
6. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SPACECRAFTS ARE LAUNCHED BY NASA TO COLLECT THE SAMPLES FROM AN ASTEROID?
7. INDIA’S MARIYAPPAN THANGAVELIE WON GOLD MEDAL IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING EVENTS OF RIO PARALYMPICS?
a. Long Jump
b. High Jump
c. Discuss Throw
1. D 2. B 3. C 4. A 5. B 6. A 7. B