Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 11TH SEP 2016
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 11TH SEP 2016
(DAILY NEWS INDIA)
SHARED BY: WWW.DAILYGK.IN
1. ISRO LAUNCHED INSAT-3DR FROM SRIHARIKOTA
i. The Indian Space Research Organisation has launched GSLV rocket which will carry the weather satellite INSAT-3DR from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
ii. The 2211-kg INSAT 3DR will be placed in an orbit 36,000 km above Earth.
2. SIKKIM IS THE CLEANEST STATE IN INDIA
i. Sikkim has been adjudged as the cleanest state India in the survey conducted by National Sample Survey Office
ii. Jharkhand has been placed at the last in the list of 26 states.
iii. Kerala, Mizoram, Himachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Haryana, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Manipur and Meghalaya are among the top 10 states.
3. PEPSICO'S INDRA NOOYI ONLY INDIAN-ORIGIN WOMAN IN FORTUNE LIST
i. Pepsi Co CEO and Chairman Indra Nooyi was ranked 2nd on the list of Fortune's 51 Most Powerful Women list.
ii. The list is topped by Mary Barra, CEO and Chairman of General Motors.
4. J SATYANARAYANA APPOINTED AS PART-TIME UIDAI CHIEF
i. Former IAS officer J Satyanarayana has appointed as part-time chairperson of Unique Identification Authority of India.
ii. The post has been lying vacant after the resignation of Nandan Nilekani in 2014.
5. NASA LAUNCHES FIRST MISSION TO COLLECT SAMPLES FROM ASTEROID
i. NASA the US space agency has launched its first mission to collect samples from an asteroid and return.
ii.It has been launched to learn more about the origins of life.
iii. The mission will travel for two years on a journey to Bennu, a near-Earth asteroid
6. INDIAN HIGH JUMPERS WIN GOLD, BRONZE AT PARALYMPICS
i. India’s Mariyappan Thangavelu created history by winning a gold medal in the men’s high jump T-42 event at the Rio Paralympics.
ii. Another high jumper from India Varun Singh Bhati clinched the bronze medal in the same event.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. INSAT-3DR I WHICH TYPE OF SATELLITE?
a. GPS Satellite
b. SPY Satellite
c. Orbital Satellite
d. Weather Satellite
2. THE HEADQUARTERS OF ISRO ARE LOCATED AT?
c. New Delhi
3. NATIONAL SAMPLE SURVEY ORGANIZATION COMES UNDER WHICH OF MINISTRY?
a. Ministry of Finance
b. Ministry of Urban Development
c. Ministry of Statistics
d. None of these
4. “INDRA NOOYI” WHO RANKS 2ND IN THE FORTUNE’S 51 MOST POWERFUL WOMEN ARE THE CEO OF WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATION?
5. NAME THE PART TIME CHAIRPERSON OF UIDAI?
a. Nandan Nielkani
b. J. Satyanarayan
c. UK Sinha
d. MK Sinha
6. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SPACECRAFTS ARE LAUNCHED BY NASA TO COLLECT THE SAMPLES FROM AN ASTEROID?
7. INDIA’S MARIYAPPAN THANGAVELIE WON GOLD MEDAL IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING EVENTS OF RIO PARALYMPICS?
a. Long Jump
b. High Jump
c. Discuss Throw
1. D 2. B 3. C 4. A 5. B 6. A 7. B
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN