DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12th SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. MEA LAUNCHES ONLINE MODULE FOR INDIAN STUDENTS STUDYING ABROAD
i. The ministry of external affairs for maintaining the records and database of Indian students studying abroad, Government of India has launched a Student Registration module.
ii.The portal is known as MADAD portal , madad.gov.in.
iii. This initiative came into existence due to unavailability of the data on Indian students studying abroad.
2. ODISHA BAGS 9TH GLOBAL AGRICULTURE LEADERSHIP AWARD 2016
i. Odisha grabbed 9th Global Agriculture Leadership Award 2016 in agriculture development at New Delhi.
ii.Indian Council of Food and Agriculture have given this award in recognition of the efforts towards development of agriculture and bringing rural prosperity.
3. CHRIS GAYLE LAUNCHES HIS AUTOBIOGRAPHY 'SIX MACHINE' IN INDIA
i.West Indies opener Chris Gayle launched his autobiography ‘Six Machine'.
ii.It contains extensive details about his life and career.
iii.It is published by Viking-Penguin UK and launched by Anurag Singh Thakur, President of the BCCI.
4. INDO AND US ECONOMIC SUMMIT FROM SEPTEMBER 13
i. The 2-day Indo-US Economic Summit will start today in New Delhi on September 13.
ii. Leaders from business, government and academia from both the countries will participate in the summit.
iii. They will focus on the ways to enhance bilateral trade and investments between India and the US.
5. YOGA GURU RAMDEV SETS UP MEGA FOOD PARK IN NAGPUR
i. Renowned Yog Guru and founder of Patanjali group Baba Ramdev has laid the foundation stone of his dream project Patanjali Mega Food and Herbal Park in Mihan .
ii.Mihan is located in the outskirts of Nagpur.
iii. He announced that Patanjali group will give soft loans to farmers in the area for producing various agro products.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE PORTAL WHICH IS RECENTLY LAUNCHED BY MEA TO MAINTAIN THE DATABASE AND RECORDS OF INDIAN STUDENTS STUDYING ABROAD?
2. ‘SIX-MACHINE”, IS AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING CRICKETERS?
a. Sachin Tendulkar
b. Ricky Ponting
c. Chris Gayle
d. MS Dhoni
3. INDO-US ECONOMIC SUMMIT WILL BE HELD IN?
4. WHICH STATE HAS GOT 9TH GLOBAL AGRICULTURE LEADERSHIP AWARD 2016?
5. WHAT IS THE CAPITAL OF VIETNAM?
a. Da Nang
b. Hai Phong
c. Hochi Minh