Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 13th SEP 2016
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 13th SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIAN AND US ARMY EXERCISE ‘YUDH ABHYAS 2016’ STARTED IN UTTARAKHAND
i. Under the Indo-US defence cooperation a joint military training exercise, ‘Yudh Abhyas 2016’ is started in Uttarakhand.
ii. The exercise in Chaubattia was being conducted by the headquarter Central Command.
2. CABINET APPROVES FORMATION AND FUNCTIONING OF GST COUNCIL
i. The Union Cabinet has approved the formation, process and functioning of the Goods and Services Tax Council.
ii. The primary function of the GST Council will be to decide the GST rate along with many other things.
iii. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will be heading the GST Council and state e finance ministers will assist him.
3. VIDYA BALAN APPOINTED AS BRAND AMBASSADOR OF SAMAJWADI PENSION YOJANA
i. Bollywood actress Vidya Balan has been appointed as brand ambassador of the ambitious Samajwadi Pension Yojana by Uttar Pradesh government.
ii. She is also associated with the "ghar-ghar shauchalya" campaign of the Union government
iii. The main Objective of the scheme to encourage savings among people living below the poverty line and provide them financial assistance.
4. FILIPINO REVENGE DRAMA WINS BEST PICTURE AT THE WORLD’S OLDEST FILM FESTIVAL
i. A revenge drama ‘Ang Babaeng Humayo also known as The Woman Who Left’ won the Golden Lion for Best Film Award at the 73 Venice Film Festival.
ii. Russian director Andrei Konchalovsky and Mexican film director Amat Escalante shared Silver Lion for Best Direction for their respective films Paradise and The Untamed.
5. GOVT LAUNCHES TOLL-FREE NUMBER FOR POSTAL COMPLAINTS
i. The government today launched a toll-free number 1924 to register postal complaints.
ii. It will initially be operational for 12 hours on working days and has been started in Hindi, Malayalam, and English.
6. MANDI AND SINDHUDURG EMERGE CLEANEST DISTRICTS IN INDIA
i. Mandi in Himachal Pradesh and Sindhudurg in Maharashtra have emerged the cleanest districts in India.
ii.The report has been released in New Delhi by Drinking Water and Sanitation Minister Narendra Singh Tomar.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. THE BILATERAL MILITARY TRAINING “YUDH ABHYASH 2016” IS STARTED BETWEEN WHICH TWO COUNTRIES?
2. A REVENGE DRAMA ‘ANG BABAENG HUMAYO’ BAGS A TITLE OF BEST FILM IN 73RD VENICE FILM FESTIVAL IS IN WHICH LANGUAGE?
3. NAME THE DIRECTOR OF THE FILM ‘ANG BABAENG HUMAYO ALSO KNOWN AS THE WOMAN WHO LEFT’?
a. Lav Diaz
b. Anderi Diaz
c. Amat Escalanted
d. None of these
4. WHAT IS THE GOVERNMENT’S TOLL FREE NUMBER WHICH IS RECENTLY LAUNCHED FOR POSTAL COMPLAINTS?
5. IN HOW MANY LANGUAGES, THE POSTAL COMPLAINTS TOLL FREE NUMBER IS LAUNCHED?
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
To Access File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD’S LARGEST BIRD FESTIVAL IN AGRA i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 4 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. DELHI AIRPORT WORLD'S 22ND MOST CONNECT...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. AKODARA IN GUJARAT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DI...