Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 13th SEP 2016
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 13th SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIAN AND US ARMY EXERCISE ‘YUDH ABHYAS 2016’ STARTED IN UTTARAKHAND
i. Under the Indo-US defence cooperation a joint military training exercise, ‘Yudh Abhyas 2016’ is started in Uttarakhand.
ii. The exercise in Chaubattia was being conducted by the headquarter Central Command.
2. CABINET APPROVES FORMATION AND FUNCTIONING OF GST COUNCIL
i. The Union Cabinet has approved the formation, process and functioning of the Goods and Services Tax Council.
ii. The primary function of the GST Council will be to decide the GST rate along with many other things.
iii. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will be heading the GST Council and state e finance ministers will assist him.
3. VIDYA BALAN APPOINTED AS BRAND AMBASSADOR OF SAMAJWADI PENSION YOJANA
i. Bollywood actress Vidya Balan has been appointed as brand ambassador of the ambitious Samajwadi Pension Yojana by Uttar Pradesh government.
ii. She is also associated with the "ghar-ghar shauchalya" campaign of the Union government
iii. The main Objective of the scheme to encourage savings among people living below the poverty line and provide them financial assistance.
4. FILIPINO REVENGE DRAMA WINS BEST PICTURE AT THE WORLD’S OLDEST FILM FESTIVAL
i. A revenge drama ‘Ang Babaeng Humayo also known as The Woman Who Left’ won the Golden Lion for Best Film Award at the 73 Venice Film Festival.
ii. Russian director Andrei Konchalovsky and Mexican film director Amat Escalante shared Silver Lion for Best Direction for their respective films Paradise and The Untamed.
5. GOVT LAUNCHES TOLL-FREE NUMBER FOR POSTAL COMPLAINTS
i. The government today launched a toll-free number 1924 to register postal complaints.
ii. It will initially be operational for 12 hours on working days and has been started in Hindi, Malayalam, and English.
6. MANDI AND SINDHUDURG EMERGE CLEANEST DISTRICTS IN INDIA
i. Mandi in Himachal Pradesh and Sindhudurg in Maharashtra have emerged the cleanest districts in India.
ii.The report has been released in New Delhi by Drinking Water and Sanitation Minister Narendra Singh Tomar.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. THE BILATERAL MILITARY TRAINING “YUDH ABHYASH 2016” IS STARTED BETWEEN WHICH TWO COUNTRIES?
2. A REVENGE DRAMA ‘ANG BABAENG HUMAYO’ BAGS A TITLE OF BEST FILM IN 73RD VENICE FILM FESTIVAL IS IN WHICH LANGUAGE?
3. NAME THE DIRECTOR OF THE FILM ‘ANG BABAENG HUMAYO ALSO KNOWN AS THE WOMAN WHO LEFT’?
a. Lav Diaz
b. Anderi Diaz
c. Amat Escalanted
d. None of these
4. WHAT IS THE GOVERNMENT’S TOLL FREE NUMBER WHICH IS RECENTLY LAUNCHED FOR POSTAL COMPLAINTS?
5. IN HOW MANY LANGUAGES, THE POSTAL COMPLAINTS TOLL FREE NUMBER IS LAUNCHED?
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –11,12 OCTOBER 1. Name the philanthropist and wife of Godrej group chairman Adi Godrej who passed away? ...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 11 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD MENTAL HEALTH DAY OBSERVED ON 10 TH ...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN