Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 17 SEP 2016
Monday, September 19, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 17 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. NAWAZUDDIN APPOINTED BRAND AMBASSADOR OF UP FARMERS' SCHEME
i. The UP government has appointed Bollywood actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui as the brand ambassador of its flagship programme 'Samajwadi Kisan Beema Yojana'.
ii. The scheme provides for cashless treatment upto Rs 2.5 lakh and Rs one lakh for organ transplant.
2. JIM YONG KIM HEADS FOR SECOND TERM AS WORLD BANK PRESIDENT
i. Jim Yong Kim is heading for another five-year term as president of the World Bank.
ii. He has focused the World bank on programs to reduce extreme poverty.
3. INDIA DECLARES ITSELF FREE FROM AVIAN INFLUENZA (H5N1)
i. The Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries in the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers welfare has declared India free from Avian Influenza (H5N1).
ii. India had notified outbreak of Avian Influenza (H5N1) in month of May 2016 at Humnabad, Bidar district, Karnataka.
iii. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1, also known as A(H5N1) or simply H5N1 is a subtype of the influenza caused by virus which can cause illness in humans and many other animal species
4. US SIGN 38 BILLION DOLLARS DEAL WITH ISRAEL
i. The United States has signed a 38 billion dollars deal with Israel to provide the country with military assistance over a 10-year period.
ii. The deal is the largest such agreement the US has ever had with any country.
5. VICE PRESIDENT ANSARI TO REPRESENT INDIA AT NAM SUMMIT
i. Vice-President Hamid Ansari will be representing India at the upcoming 17th Summit of the Non-Aligned Movement to be held at Margarita Island in Venezuela.
ii. India is one of the founding members of the Non-Aligned Movement and India hosted the 7th NAM Summit in 1983 in New Delhi.
iii. The last NAM Summit was hosted by Iran in 2012.
6. INDIA BLUE WINS 2016-2017 DULEEP TROPHY TOURNAMENT
i. Gautam Gambhir led India Blue has won the inaugural day/night Duleep Trophy Cricket tournament held in Greater Noida.
ii. In the final, India Blue defeated India Red, captained by Yuvraj Singhruns.
iii. Cheteshwar Pujara was named the Player of the Match.
7. AJINKYA RAHANE, ROHIT SHARMA CONFERRED WITH ARJUNA AWARD
i. Sports Minister Vijay Goel conferred Arjuna Awards on cricketers Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane at a function in New Delhi.
ii. Rohit sharma was given the award for 2015 and Ajinkya rahane for 2016.
iii. The Arjuna Award was started in 1961, are given to sportspersons for consistently outstanding performance for four years preceding the year of award.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “SAMAJWADI KISAN BEEMA YOJNA” HAS BEEN LAUNCHED BY WHICH STATE?
b. Uttar Pradesh
2. “INTERNATIONAL FINANCE CORPORATION” IS A SUBSIDIARY OF_______________.
a. International Monetary Fund (IMF)
b. New Development Bank (NDB)
c. World Bank
d. Asian Development Bank
3. AVIAN INFLUENZA (H5N1) IS CAUSED BY WHICH OF THE FOLLOWINGS?
4. NAME THE COUNTRY WHICH IS HOSTING THE 7TH NAM SUMMIT?
c. Sri Lanka
5. “DULEEP TROPHY” IS ASSOCIATED WITH WHICH GAME?
6. WHO WILL REPRESENT INDIA AT THE 7TH NAM SUMMIT?
a. Prime Minister of India
b. President of India
c. Vice-President of India
d. Minister of External Affairs
1. B 2. C 3. B 4. A 5. D 6. C
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN