Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 SEP 2016
Monday, September 19, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. NADIA MURAD NAMED UN GOODWILL AMBASSADOR
i. Nadia Murad ISIS captive has been named the UN’s new Goodwill Ambassador for the Dignity of Survivors of Human Trafficking.
ii. Nadia Murad is a member of the Yazidi community was kidnapped by ISIS forces when they raided her village.
2. INDIAN-AMERICAN PHYSICIAN TO RECEIVE NATIONAL HUMANITIES MEDAL
i. Indian-American physician author Abraham Verghese has been selected for the prestigious 2015 National Humanities Medal.
ii. The award is given for his work in medicine.
3. AHMEDABAD TO HOST AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK MEET NEXT YEAR
i. India will host the Annual Meetings of the African Development Bank Group in May next year.
ii. The African Development Bank Group is a multilateral development finance institution established to contribute to the economic development and social progress of African countries.
President of ADB: Akinwumi Adesina
4. PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK APPOINTED VIRAT KOHLI AS ITS NEW BRAND AMBASSADOR
i. Punjab National Bank has appointed Indian test skipper Virat Kohli as brand ambassador.
ii. The bank has appointed brand ambassador to improve its image which has taken a hit due to rising bad loans.
5. ABHISHEK BACHCHAN HOLDS A GUINNESS WORLD RECORD
i. Abhishek Bachchan holds the record for 'Most Public Appearances made by a Film Star in 12 Hours.
ii. He beaten Hollywood actor Will Smith who had made three public appearances in 2 hours.
6. WORLD BANK WILL INVEST NEARLY 1,000 CRORE RUPEES IN ASSAM
i. World Bank will invest nearly 1,000 crore rupees in Assam for the betterment of the inland waterways.
ii. The central government has also assured to re-construct jetty for which 100 percent assistance will be given by the Centre
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. IN WHICH STATE OF INDIA, “NAROPA FESTIVAL” IS CELEBRATED?
c. Arunachal Pradesh
d. Himachal Pradesh
2. NAME THE GUIDED MISSILE DESTROYER SHIP WHICH IS RECENTLY LAUNCHED IN MUMBAI?
3. THE INDIAN CRICKETER “VIRAT KOHLI” IS APPOINTED AS WHICH PSU BANK BRAND AMBASSADOR?
4. WHICH INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION IS GOING TO INVEST RS 1000 CR IN ASSAM FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE INLAND WATERWAYS?
a. World Bank
b. BRICS Bank
d. New Development Bank
5. WHERE ARE THE HEADQUARTERS OF ISRO LOCATED?
c. New Delhi
1. A 2. B 3. C 4. A 5. D
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN