DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 19 & 20 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. ALKA SIROHI APPOINTED AS UPSC CHAIRMAN
i. President Pranab Mukherjee has appointed Alka Sirohi as chairman of Union Public Service Commission as per Article 316 of Constitution.
ii. She will replace Deepak Gupta.
iii. Union Public Service Commission is constitutional body which conducts the prestigious civil services examination to select IAS, IFS and IPS officers among others.
2. INDIAN SHOOTER SUBHANKAR PRAMANICK WON GOLD AT ISSF JUNIOR WORLD CUP IN AZERBAIJAN
i. Young Indian shooter Subhankar Pramanick has won the gold medal at the ISSF Junior World Cup for pistol, rifle and shotgun in Gabala, Azerbaijan.
ii.He won the gold medal in 50-metre rifle prone event
3. ANANDI RAMALINGAM ASSUMED CHARGE AS BHARAT ELECTRONICS LIMITED’S FIRST WOMAN DIRECTOR
i. Anandi Ramalingam assumed charge as whole time director of Bharat Electronics Limited.
ii. It is the first time that a woman has been appointed as the Director of the company.
iii. Bharat Electronics Limited is an Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company
4. PRIYESHA DESHMUKH WON BRONZE MEDAL IN WORLD DEAF SHOOTING CHAMPIONSHIPS
i. India’s Priyesha Deshmukh has won a historic bronze medal in the first World Deaf Shooting Championships held in Kazan, Russia.
ii. It is her maiden international participation.
iii. The gold was won by Svitlana Yatsenko and Serbia’s Gordana Mikovic won silver.
5. HARYANA CM MANOHAR LAL KHATTAR DECLARES CHARKHI DADRI AS 22ND DISTRICT
i. Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced Charkhi Dadri as the 22nd district of the state.
ii. The state CM made the announcement at a public rally in Dadri in Bhiwani district.
iii. Charkhi Dadri is a district in Bhiwani district in the state of Haryana.
6. TRACK ASIA CUP 201 INDIAN FINISHED AT SECOND POSITION
i. The 2016 Track Asia Cup concluded at the Cycling Velodrome in IG Stadium in New Delhi.
ii. Hong Kong topped the chart with 18 medals which comprise 11 Gold, four Silvers and three bronze.
iii. India finished at second position with 16 medals, including five gold, four Silver and seven bronze.
7. 16 SEPTEMBER OBSERVED AS INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE PRESERVATION OF THE OZONE LAYER
i. The International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer is observed every year on September 16 for the preservation of the Ozone Layer.
ii. The theme of the day is “Ozone and climate: Restored by a world united”.
iii. The day is observed for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer.
iv. The ozone layer is a region of Earth’s stratosphere that absorbs most of the Sun’s ultraviolet radiation that may cause skin cancer.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. UNDER WHICH ARTICLE OF CONSTITUTION THE PRESIDENT OF INDIA HAS APPOINTED AS ALKA SIROHI AS THE CHAIRMAN OF UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION OF INDIA?
2. NAME THE FIRST WOMAN WHO IS RECENTLY APPOINTED AS THE DIRECTOR OF BAHRAT ELECTRONICS LIMITED?
a. Anandi Ramalingam
b. Anandi Patel
c. Anandi Sirohi
d. None of these
3. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING HAS BEEN DECLARED AS THE 22ND DISTRICT OF HARYANA?
d. Charkhi Dadri
4. GOLD MEDALIST “SUBHASHANKAR PRAMANICK” AT ISSF JUNIOR WORLD CUP IN AZERBAIJAN IS ASSOCIATED WITH WHICH GAME?
c. Discuss Throw
d. Javelin Throw
5. WHAT IS THE CAPITAL OF AZERBAIJAN?
1. C 2. A 3. D 4. A 5. B