Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 SEP 2016
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. MALAYSIAN ENVOY RELEASES TRANSLATED BOOK ON SAI BABA
i. The Consul General of Malaysia in India Eldeen Husaini Muhammad Hashim has released the translated version of 'Sai Charitra Granth', a book on the life of Sai Baba.
ii. The book is translated into Malay by a social outfit called 'I love Sai'.
2. 17TH NAM SUMMIT HELD AT VENEZUELA
i. Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro hosted the latest meeting of the Non-Aligned Movement .
ii. Vice President Hamid Ansari held talks with Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro on a host of issues of mutual interest.
iii. The Non-Aligned Movement is a group of states which are not formally aligned with or against any major power bloc.
3. ‘SELFIE WITH TOILET’ TO BOOST SWACHH BHARAT IN LUDHIANA
i. To make the Swachh Bharat Mission successful and encourage people to use clean toilets, the Ludhiana district administration has started a ‘Selfie with my Shauchalya’ campaign.
ii. Under the initiative, beneficiaries of toilets provided by the Punjab government and Bharti Foundation had been urged to click a selfie with their toilets.
4. NOBEL LAUREATE AUNG SAN SUU KYI TO GET HUMANITARIAN AWARD
i. Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi has been honored as the 2016 humanitarian of the year by students and faculty at the Harvard Foundation.
ii. Suu Kyi gained international prominence as the General Secretary of the newly formed National League for Democracy in Myanmar in 1990.
iii. She became one of the world’s most well-known political prisoners during her 15 years of house arrest for participating in protests against the government.
5. LONG RANGE SURFACE-TO-AIR BARAK-8 MISSILE SUCCESSFULLY TEST FIRED
i. India and Israel jointly developed most advanced long range surface-to-air missile Barak-8 was successfully test fired .
ii. Barak-8 missile is long-range nuclear capable ballistic missile, developed jointly by Israel and India.
6. INDIA RANKS 112TH IN 2016 WORLD ECONOMIC FREEDOM INDEX
i. India has been ranked at 112th out of 159 countries in the 2016 World Economic Freedom Index.
ii. The report measures the economic freedom by analyzing the policies and institutions of all 159 countries and territories.
iii. The list is topped by Hong Kong followed by Singapore , New Zealand , Switzerland and Canada .
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHICH COUNTRY’S ENVOY HAS RELEASED TRANSLATED BOOK ON “SAI BABA”?
b. Sri Lanka
2. WHAT IS THE CURRENCY OF VENEZUELA?
3. MAYANMAR LEADER “AUND SAN SUU KGI” HAS BEEN HONOURED WITH THE 2016 HUMANITARIAN AWARD BY WHICH INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION?
a. Oxford Foundation
b. Harvard Foundation
4. THE ‘BARAK-8’ IS WHICH KIND OF MISSILE?
5. WHICH AMONG OF THE FOLLOWING HAVE JOINTLY DEVELOPED THE ‘BARAK-8’ MISSILE?
d. None of these
6. THE WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM INDEX IS PUBLISHED IN ASSOCIATION WITH WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS?
a. The Heritage Foundation & the Wall Street Journal
b. World Bank & IMF
c. The Wall Street Journal & World Bank
d. World Bank & the Heritage Foundation
7. WHAT IS THE RANK OF INDIA IN THE 2016 WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM INDEX?
1. A 2. C 3. B 4. D 5. C 6. A 7. B
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
To Access File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD’S LARGEST BIRD FESTIVAL IN AGRA i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. AKODARA IN GUJARAT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DI...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN