DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 22 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INCREDIBLE INDIA TOURISM INVESTORS SUMMIT-2016 STARTED IN NEW DELHI
i. The Incredible India Tourism Investors Summit 2016 has started in New Delhi.
ii. It will provide a common platform for domestic and international investors to meet project owners from across Indian states and the private sector.
iii. It will host presentations of investible properties, session on why invest in India, Micro of Small and Micro Enterprises in tourism sector.
2. UNION CABINET APPROVES MERGER OF RAIL BUDGET WITH GENERAL BUDGET
i. The Union Cabinet has approved the proposals of Ministry of Finance to merge of Railway budget with the General budget.
ii. Merger of Railway Budget with the General Budget will be effective from the Budget 2017-18.
iii. It will save Railways from the liability of payment of approximately 9,700 crore rupees as an annual dividend to the Central Government.
3. VLADIMIR PUTIN'S WON ELECTIONS
i. Russian President Vladimir Putin’s United Russia party won a huge victory in the country’s parliamentary election.
ii. The party led by vladmir Putin had won 54% of the vote in elections.
4. INDIA'S GDP TO GROW BY 8% OVER NEXT FEW YRS REPORT BY S&P
i. Standard & Poor's Global Ratings has forecasted a relatively high quality GDP growth of 8% for India over the next few years.
ii. This would be backed by a broadening consumption base.
5. DEAF SHOOTER PRIYESHA DESHMUKH WON BRONZE IN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
i. Deaf Indian shooter Priyesha Deshmukh won the bronze medal in her first-ever international competition at the first World Deaf Shooting Championships held in Russia.
ii. She won bronze in the 10m air rifle category and it was her maiden international participation.
6. INDIRA AWAS YOJANA RENAMED AFTER PRIME MINISTER
i. The flagship rural housing scheme Indira Awas Yojana started by former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, has been restructured and renamed as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
ii. Under the new scheme, the government is aiming to construct one crore houses by 2019.
7. AJAY SHIRKE RE-ELECTED AS BCCI SECRETARY
i. The Board of Control for Cricket in India has elected Ajay Shirke as Secretary at its Annual General Meeting.
ii. Shirke became the secretary in July after Anurag Thakur was appointed as the president.
iii. In another major development, former Indian seamer Venkatesh Prasad was appointed as the new chairman of selectors.
8. ANUP KUMAR TO LEAD INDIA IN KABADDI WORLD CUP
i. Star raider Anup Kumar from Haryana will lead India in next month’s Kabaddi World Cup to be held in Ahmedabad.
ii. All-rounder Manjeet Chillar will be Anup’s deputy in the 14-member squad for the tournament.
9. FLIPKART BECOMES 1ST E-COMMERCE IN INDIA TO CROSS 100 MILLION CUSTOMERS
i. Flipkart has crossed the 100-million registered users mark, becoming the first e-commerce company in the country to hit the milestone.
ii. The Bengaluru-based company has doubled its user base over the last year.
iii. It added 25 million users in the past six months alone.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. THE THREE DAY SUMMIT OF INCREDIBLE INDIA TOURISM INVESTORS HAS BEEN ORGANIZED BY UNION MINISTRY IN ASSOCIATION WITH WHICH OF THE FOLLOWINGS?
a. Tourism Finance Corporation of India
b. Confederation of Indian Industry
c. Union ministry of Urban Development
d. Both 1 & 2
2. WHERE ARE THE HEADQUARTERS OF STANDARD & POOR’S (S&P) GLOBAL RATING AGENCY LOCATED?
a. New York
b. Washington DC
3. INDIRA AWAS YOJANA IS RENAMED AS___________.
a. Jan Niwas yojana
b. Jeevan Nikas Yojna
c. Pradhan Mantri Awas yojna
d. None of these
4. WHICH CITY OF INDIA IS HOSTING 2016 KABADDI WORLD CUP?
d. New Delhi
5. NAME THE CEO OF FILPKART?
a. Nitya Bansal
b. Binny Bansal
c. Sachin Bansal
d. None of these
1. D 2. A 3. C 4. A 5. B